Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
With this signing and Chelsea getting Lukaku we have no choice but to buy a DM and keep Pogba if we want to truly compete.
Problem is in releative terms there is no elite DM on the market to buy, the club could go and waste 80m on Rice but he's not at the level of Kane, Grealish or even Lukaku

Rightfully so the club won't concern themselves with what other clubs are doing as that's out of our hands, we've done good business ourselves in this window with a longer term plan to be well positioned for Haaland next summer

Just got to keep improving ourselves and see where it takes us

Trex

Clearly a class player but what 100m element does he bring to this city team

Pep's Suit

I think KDB shouldn't start more than 30 league games per season and Gundogan is another year older plus Sterling+Mahrez+Foden can be quite inconsistent. I think Grealish will play a lot. Obviously could also depend on Bernardo leaving and Ferran playing centrally this season.

spiriticon

He's not a proper winger?

Word is he'll be used centrally as they've never adequately replaced David Silva.

I've a feeling himself and Pep won't get on though. Doesn't strike me as the schoolboy type to quote Zlatan.
Will he be good in the centre?? Not saying he can't do it, but I'm just not sure.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Look at it this way, if City didn't go for the likes of Grealish and Kane, they could sign players like Mbappe and Haaland. Imagine Mbappe in this City team, would be utterly depressing. Grealish is nowhere near as good.

Number32

City have 100€ Million on Player Sales( even more if they sell Silva and Laporte ). They can easily afford up to 300 Million spending this year without breaching FFP
Where the hell is this "100€ Million on Player Sales" come from? selling Silva and Laporte would be as difficult as selling Pogba and De Gea.
I assume you are being sarcastic.

charlenefan

Will he be good in the centre?? Not saying he can't do it, but I'm just not sure.
I think teams will run rings around him if he doesn't take well to Pep's instructions. He's never struck me as a player to put a hard shift in which is what you need when you play in a Guardiola midfield

He's much better in a free role with minimal defensive responsibility which is why even if the intention is to play him as an 8 I see him eventually moving back to the LW for City

Problem is if City get Kane and they've got Grealish on the left who's running in behind? Everyone wants the ball to feet (Mahrez and Foden included). Sterling's one of the few players who will run in behind but he seems well down the pecking order now

romufc

City have 100€ Million on Player Sales( even more if they sell Silva and Laporte ). They can easily afford up to 300 Million spending this year without breaching FFP
They've sold 3 players totalling £35m. Where is 100m coming from?

Is this the usual Man City thing, making figures up to suit?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why would they sell Laporte?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
i think villa are going to come out of this in a good way.

Leon Bailey, Buendia and another 100m to splash....

charlenefan

They've sold 3 players totalling £35m. Where is 100m coming from?

Is this the usual Man City thing, making figures up to suit?
Chelsea fans do that as well, read they were going to raise 100m in sales a few weeks back, hows that going? :lol:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Is this new way to cook book now? Because I don't remember them getting 100m from sales.

laughtersassassin

Pep will be delighted to hear of the Lukaku fee so he can keep parroting the nonsense that they can't afford the top fees for players.

Despite the fact they have pretty much all the highest total spend windows.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I wouldn't be surprised if some under the table deal is done to balance the book for their players. Some sponsorship from Middle East might suddenly become available for the buyer club.

DON’T PANIC ™

Last summer, one of the big debates was whether fans would prefer Utd to sign Sancho or Grealish. Be interesting to see how the season works out for them both.

Smores

We didn't need him anyway but i wish he wasn't going to City. Let's just hope he ends up being a poor fit there.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Where the hell is this "100€ Million on Player Sales" come from? selling Silva and Laporte would be as difficult as selling Pogba and De Gea.
I assume you are being sarcastic.
He’s not being sarcastic, he’s pointing out the obvious.

City have player sales from their academy approaching £50M, the Sane fee came in after the end of the last financial year so is in this years accounts, the Sancho % fee from Utd is circa £11M and that’s your £100M before you even consider the annual salary from Aguero that’s been freed up.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Look at it this way, if City didn't go for the likes of Grealish and Kane, they could sign players like Mbappe and Haaland. Imagine Mbappe in this City team, would be utterly depressing. Grealish is nowhere near as good.
Not if you read this forum with all his fanboys. Based on their comments, I expect Ronaldinho-esque performances.

Good buy for City though but let's see how they use him. 100m is definitely too much, especially in the current environment.

DON’T PANIC ™

Remember the summer Madrid signed Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. A wistful part of me hoped we could do Sancho, Varane and either Kane or Grealish. It would be some statement by the Club after the recent super league fiasco. But completely unrealistic, I know.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Apparently they have raised half through player sales,
This is the money raised so far, totalling over £50m:

• Jack Harrison to Leeds - £13m
  • Lukas Nmecha to Wolfsburg - £8.5m
  • Ivan Ilic to Hellas Verona - £7m
  • Angelino to RB Leipzig - £16m
  • Jadon Sancho, Dortmund to Man Utd - £11m gained from sell-on clause

Walters_19_MuFc

Remember the summer Madrid signed Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. A wistful part of me hoped we could do Sancho, Varane and either Kane or Grealish. It would be some statement by the Club after the recent super league fiasco. But completely unrealistic, I know.
It was always going to be one of Sancho and Grealish, as they both play on the wings. I think we'd have signed a striker if Cavani didn't commit for another year. I certainly think we will next season.

A centre back and winger was a priority. I now hope we sign a centre midfielder.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Clearly a class player but what 100m element does he bring to this city team
English players are generally very expensive. I think £100m is about the least Villa will accept for the player. He is a quality player to be fair.

big rons sovereign

What are they going slag us off for now?
I see they've been using some serious mental gymnastics to make it look like they're not spending much. But to question it just adds to the "anti city bias" and "media agenda"

Status
Not open for further replies.