Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just can’t let this guy play for our rival.

It just doesn’t seem right.

dinostar77

He's one of those players who would realish playing at OT and not shrink under the spotlight. He'd improve as well. Would love him at utd.

JG3001

Think he’s exactly what we need, a player who can dribble at a packed defence.

Got to ask why we didn’t just shell out another £30m for the sake of avoiding DVB. But this is the club that refused to buy Bruno until it looked like we were finishing 10th.

Traub

Mad to think that he was a whisker away from Spurs. Could’ve been a game changer for them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It’s quite entertaining watching Maguire, Shaw, Grealish and Sterling (Rashford is the United LW version) all working down the left.

Idxomer

The man is a genius footballer, only Messi is more entertaining than him currently.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He alleviates so much pressure for his team-mates as the opposition constantly look to double and triple up on him in anticipation of what he's going to do next that they leave others wide open with space to exploit.

He has a style and certainty of purpose that would be beneficial to any side in the world.

The amount he'd cost, plus all our priorities just make it an impossible signing as he's probably the most valuable, gettable player in the PL at the moment. If both he and Kane move this summer, it will be interesting to see the difference in the price they are bought for. I'd be more comfortable on the outlay on Grealish than Kane, personally. One's trajectory is still on the up whilst the other looks like you can't really be sure how much longer he has left at the height of his game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wouldn't be anywhere near as productive as Fernandez but I prefer him.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Splash 90m on him rather than sancho. We can get sancho next year for half the price because he'll only have a year left on his contract and dortmund wouldn't want him to become a free agent.

JG3001

He alleviates so much pressure for his team-mates as the opposition constantly look to double and triple up on him in anticipation of what he's going to do next that they leave others wide open with space to exploit.

He has a style and certainty of purpose that would be beneficial to any side in the world.

The amount he'd cost, plus all our priorities just make it an impossible signing as he's probably the most valuable, gettable player in the PL at the moment. If both he and Kane move this summer, it will be interesting to see the difference in the price they are bought for. I'd be more comfortable on the outlay on Grealish than Kane, personally. One's trajectory is still on the up whilst the other looks like you can't really be sure how much longer he has left at the height of his game.
i honestly believe Kane would end up another Lukaku at United, would get the goals, but would not fit the system we’re trying to play. He drops way too deep far too often. If only Cavani was 5 years younger.

Think he can only flourish in a team like City’s where he’d be fed chance after chance on a plate.

-Supreme-

Wouldn't be anywhere near as productive as Fernandez but I prefer him.
Same. He may not be as productive as he's playing for a much poorer side, but what he brings to the team will greatly transform our style of play and transitions in attack which will end up with more goals across the team.

Personally I'd much prefer a player that offers more to the benefit of the team play, rather than someone that wins the personal accolades.

marktan

Such an excellent player, how he isn't the first name in the England team is beyond me. Would hate to see him at City

Art

Art the artist
Wouldn't put it past Southgate to start Mount instead of Grealish in the knockouts tbh.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
i honestly believe Kane would end up another Lukaku at United, would get the goals, but would not fit the system we’re trying to play. He drops way too deep far too often. If only Cavani was 5 years younger.

Think he can only flourish in a team like City’s where he’d be fed chance after chance on a plate.
I have my reservations, too: wrote this in here a while back.

mu4c_20le

Splash 90m on him rather than sancho. We can get sancho next year for half the price because he'll only have a year left on his contract and dortmund wouldn't want him to become a free agent.
Would've been much easier to do this if we hadn't signed Donny already

krentz

I got laughed out of the Caf for saying he was better than Maddison, not even 2 years ago :D
It's CAF, they laughed when united were heavily linked with him in 2020, calling him overrated, overpriced English player and such. Cant imagine the amount of money Villa would ask for Grealish now.

Red4Life_#7

Think he’s exactly what we need, a player who can dribble at a packed defence.

Got to ask why we didn’t just shell out another £30m for the sake of avoiding DVB. But this is the club that refused to buy Bruno until it looked like we were finishing 10th.
Once Villa stayed up last season they didn't have to sell him any more. It would have taken crazy money to sign him last summer after that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I would swap him for Bruno with zero hesitation.
Would never.
People in here are weird. He's good, no doubt, but Bruno is also a brilliant player and far more productive generally. Definitely wouldn't swap them because well he's ours, has been brilliant for 1.5 years, transformed us and I don't think Grealish would make us any better compared to what Bruno has overall. They each have their benefits. A case of the grass always being greener for some.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I would swap him for Bruno with zero hesitation.
No way. Grealish may be a better dribbler and playmaker, but Bruno is by far most productive midfielder in the world. 28 goals and 18 assist last season, let’s be realistic, no one would swap him for anyone else in midfield.

gajender

No way. Grealish may be a better dribbler and playmaker, but Bruno is by far most productive midfielder in the world. 28 goals and 18 assist last season, let’s be realistic, no one would swap him for anyone else in midfield.
Not sure I prefer him, but I'd bloody love to have him. He'd be more consistent than Pogba, though as you say I don't think he'd get Bruno numbers.
Fernandes is our primary Penalty taker and if you make Direct comparison between them just for Premier League for non penalty goals there is nothing to suggest that if Grealish hadn't been injured he wouldn't have produced similar or better numbers than Fernandes while even playing for Villa last year.

Before any one raise the point of whole Villa game plan being centered around Grealish same thing could be said about Fernandes and United.

Status
Not open for further replies.