Greatest ever player under Sir Alex - Results

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Great effort from The Law of Denis.

Hard to argue with the names on the list, though the order can be disputed.

Eric is definetly the greatest player under SAF.

Northstand

Yes, thanks for your efforts TLOD.

One of the results that highlights the phenomenally high standards of players under Fergie is Mark Hughes only getting eleven points. He really was a top, top player. I suppose being manager at City and becoming a moaning, whiney twat hasn't helped his cause though.

Dyslexic Untied

Well done TLOD.

I think my list was roughly like that. Robson was higher and Rooney instead of Rio. Still a good list, and it is really impossible to sort out the top 7-8 in a correct order.

B Cantona

Desperate
I've always hated this. Irwin seems to be constantly called a reliable player rather than a great one, as if he was always a 7/10 player. I think it was Hansen who (at the end of the last decade) said something along the lines of both fullback positions in a team of the decade would be taken up by our Dennis, and I couldn't agree more. He was reliable, for sure, but his ability to always perform as such a high level seems to have had an adverse affect of his legacy.

It really does make me happy to hear that he made the top 10 here, because he more than deserves it.
His legacy is great mate. You'll not find a United fan who watched him in that era not praise him immensely, and obviously he's making top 10 lists here

He's the classic case of everyone claiming he's underrated... so in actual fact he aint underrated at all!

I think I described him pretty well. Magnificent. Reliable. Don't know where you came up with the 7/10 stuff

Devils Advocate

think the top 4 were nailed on though the order different for different people. good list. shows the quality when players like van nistlerooy and rooney aren't in it.

MG

I don't really have much complaints about this list... I'd have Giggs first of course, but I had Keane and Cantona high up in my own list anyway so that's fine. I'd also swap Scholes and Ronaldo round because I think Scholes should be higher based on the amount of seasons he's been great. Remember Ronaldo has only really been fantastic for 3 seasons, Giggs and Scholes have been for over 15 seasons.

Basically so long as Giggs is top 3 and Keane, Cantona and Scholes are top 5 (or thereabouts), the list is fine in my book.