g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Greatest Movie Scenes

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

Last edited:

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
The end of Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement):

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I can't find a clip of it, but the scene in Wilde when Oscar's in prison and you hear him reading The Selfish Giant: 'Who has dared to wound thee?'

The hidden box scene(s) from Amelie:

From Il Postino:

Monty Python's The Life of Brian: 'You silly sods...'

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Also any scene in the same movie with this shot of the Manhattan Bridge:

Sweet Square

I can't find the scene on youtube but the mud section in Come and See is one of the most powerful and distressing things ever filmed

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
The last scene in Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement) and the prison scene in Wilde in where you hear his fairytale - 'Who has dared to wound thee?'

HTG

Supports
Bayern
No Barry Lyndon, no party.

The music, the lights, unbelievable. Most visually beautiful movie ever made. Breathtaking at times. Maybe the finest piece of directing there is.

And the only movie that can keep up with Barry Lyndon is obviously Andrei Rublev:

The end of that movie is even better. But I don't like to post endings anywhere.