Film Greatest Movie Scenes

Moby

Dick
Inspired from the clips posted in the De Niro/Pacino thread, let's have a collection of iconic scenes. I'll start with one of my absolute favourites.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The Goodfellas and Heat ones get my vote. Brilliant movies and brilliant scenes.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I might be a bit biased, since I think this might be the best movie ever made. But this scene came to mind...

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Plenty to choose from this movie (the chess fight, the arrows/calligraphy scene, the leaves), but this is probably the most beautiful:

Need to watch this again...

El-Manos

So many to chose from

A joker scene from the Dark knight is a must as well.

Last edited:

Simbo

Plenty to choose from this movie (the chess fight, the arrows/calligraphy scene, the leaves), but this is probably the most beautiful:

Need to watch this again...
Thought it was turd the first time I watched this film, then had it on in the background once while I was doing something else... It distracted and intrigued me enough to watch it through properly again, which left me thinking it's some kind of masterpiece.

Lots of incredible scenes indeed, but I think you have to get swallowed up by the story before you truly appreciate them.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Shawshank Redemption gets ignored a lot due to the overrated tag, but this is a truly great scene, very much in the same spirit as the imaginary baseball game in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest posted above: