Green and Gold till the club is Sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphie88

Green and Gold?

The word is that these are the colours for the new season, in honour of the old Newton Health strip and to act as a non-threatening (i.e. it won't get your chucked out by the Glazer rent boys!) way of politely telling the Glazers they are not wanted.

So if you've a trip to OT planned, might be worth digging around your attic for said colours, mugging a Norwich fan, or clicking on the link below.

This from the MUST e-mail all 36,000 members received today. However the scheme is not just a MUST one, and hopefully one that will unite all fans.

------------
GLAZERS OUT - GREEN & GOLD

Somebody came up with this fantastic idea of wearing the old Newton Heath
colours of Green & Gold as a Glazers Out symbol.

This idea has been spreading like wildfire. If you'd like to get yourself a
scarf or flag (and MUST gets 10% commission) use the link below:
http://bit.ly/5upxQF

Click on Scarves and scroll down.

I'd imagine this shop is likely to sell out of stock fairly quickly so we
need some alternatives - ideally with affiliate links too

Yellow & Green Bar Scarf Price: £ 6.99
Yellow & Green Flag Price: £ 6.99

-------------

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Mate of mine mentioned earlier he was going to be wearing his green and gold scarf and had I got one yet, I wondered what the chuff he was talking about!

It makes sense now, cheers Ralphie!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This wasn't MUST's idea...

Not that it matters, but i was told they referenced the originator in their initial e-mail out...(It was an Admin off RI).

Did they not?

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
The word is that these are the colours for the new season, in honour of the old Newton Health strip and to act as a non-threatening (i.e. it won't get your chucked out by the Glazer rent boys!) way of politely telling the Glazers they are not wanted.

So if you've a trip to OT planned, might be worth digging around your attic for said colours, mugging a Norwich fan, or clicking on the link below.

------------
GLAZERS OUT - GREEN & GOLD

Somebody came up with this fantastic idea of wearing the old Newton Heath

MUST.

-------------
Ralph, though I admire the sentiment, I just dont buy into this..

What will it achieve ?

Will 90% of fans, and more importantly the Glazers, understand what the significance of them is..

Its like that FA cup protest where fans were asked to dress in Black. There were thousands turning up in the retro black United tops or black hoodies, and you wouldnt notice any difference between that game and a normal United game..

I personally think fans should be offered a GLAZER OUT T shirt. They simply cannot enforce the removal of every fan who wears one. The fans can all wear a top over them, and once inside the ground then they can reveal them.

The stewards simply cannot enforce the removal of every Anti Glazer T shirt. It would be physically impossible to do.

Red_Jamie

Not that it matters, but i was told they referenced the originator in their initial e-mail out...(It was an Admin off RI).

Did they not?
Yes but it's obviously gathered a lot of attention.

I've seen it linked on various forums and on the facebook group etc.

I've got a scarf i'll be taking tonight and on sat anyway.. Here's hoping people join in with this. Anything to help the cause.

It's not a bad idea this one..

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise

What will it achieve ?

Will 90% of fans, and more importantly the Glazers, understand what the significance of them is..

Its like that FA cup protest where fans were asked to dress in Black. There were thousands turning up in the retro black United tops or black hoodies, and you wouldnt notice any difference between that game and a normal United game..

I personally think fans should be offered a GLAZER OUT T shirt. They simply cannot enforce the removal of every fan who wears one. The fans can all wear a top over them, and once inside the ground then they can reveal them.

The stewards simply cannot enforce the removal of every Anti Glazer T shirt. It would be physically impossible to do.

think of it as like the poppy appeal thing with the british legion, as a symbol it can create a powerful image and create thought provoking responses.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anything is better than nothing.

This first act can be the start of more obvious/striking things to come once wider support/recognition is gained.

Red_Jamie

What will it achieve ?

There's no need to adopt such a pessimistic approach. It won't do any harm and all those who matter know what we're trying to achieve.

We should be willing to do anything that will take these protests forward.

SirAF

Ageist

What will it achieve ?

I agree with this, it would send a much clearer message - don't think the Glazers would give two hoots about the significance of green and gold. That said, it's a decent initiative and something that's being done at least..

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
think of it as like the poppy appeal thing with the british legion, as a symbol it can create a powerful image and create thought provoking responses.
But theres a good % of the muppets inside OT these days most probably dont even realise United were called Newton Heath, let alone played in green and gold...

You can only make an image if hte people who are looking at it understand what that image is meant to represent.. THe Glazers sure as hell wont, and nor will alot of fans..

Its like modern art.... Art critics can see what a piece is meant to represent, and the thought behind it. To the rest of us its just a pile of shit thrown together...

Thats what I fear.. 90% of the people wont understand what it means, and the significance of it.

Red_Jamie

But theres a good % of the muppets inside OT these days most probably dont even realise United were called Newton Heath, let alone played in green and gold...

Who gives a shit!? Those who matter will know what they are..

Anything is better than nothing.

Red_Jamie

Thats what I fear.. 90% of the people wont understand what it means, and the significance of it.
Then some of those might ask and find out and the next week only 80% won't know. Then the next week more of those will find out and eventually only 50% won't know.. This is how these kinds of things work.

This will take time, dedication and hard work!

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
There's no need to adopt such a pessimistic approach. It won't do any harm and all those who matter know what we're trying to achieve.

We should be willing to do anything that will take these protests forward.

No it wont do any harm, but I dont believe it will have a positive effect either.

I dont imagine tens of thousands of fans are going to see you in a green and gold scarf and suddenly decide "feck.. that Glazer is actually a cnut after all.. thank god he wore that scarf else I'd never have realised"

The protests on Saturday were a superb effort.. And I think that they need to build on it..

If its a battle they want, then let them have one.. The more people they eject from the ground the better it is for the supporters... They simply cannot keep throwing people out everytime the fans protest.. It wont take long before the ground would be empty....

Rather than bow down and play their game.. I'd say go further.. Make sure that the next game there are TWO banners. And more people standing up....

If the same happens, next week go back the THREE banners..

As I say, if its a fight they want, then give them it.... thers 75000 fans against a couple of thousand stewards and a bunch of greedy parasites too shit scared to even go inside the ground... Who do you suppose has the upper hand... because dont forget, without those supporters Glazer is finished anyway.... He cant afford to chuck everyone out.

didsbury1982

Why not get a load of sheets of A4 paper with LUHG on them or just Glazer out and hand them out near the ground. I think everyone holding those up as the teams were coming out say would be a lot more visual? Could be a bit harder to arrange something like that though I'd imagine.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Then some of those might ask and find out and the next week only 80% won't know. Then the next week more of those will find out and eventually only 50% won't know.. This is how these kinds of things work.

Exactly. And if it gets press coverage all the better.

We could do with getting someone from MUST/IMUSA interviewed on tv pre match or something, that would raise awareness a shit load.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back

Maybe so, but I was around before the takeover, and no one gave a feck then, and I doubt they would give a feck now..

I remember standing at the end of SMBW shouting to people to join the march, whilst Pete Boyle sat in the Bishops Blaize selling CDs, and 99% of fans just walked aimlessly by looking at people who were trying to rouse support, as if they had two heads.

Thats the kind of apathy I am talking about....

But look at the Arsenal game. Before the match, and inside the ground when the effigy was hung over the Stretford end, every single fan inside that ground joined in...

People will react, but only to something thats in their face, and to ignore it makes them feel out of place..

If 5000 people wore a GLAZER OUT T shirt, then the next week as you cay, maybe 10000 people would wear one, and in a few weeks people would feel that to not wear one would make them stand out and not fit in, so they'd buy one. THey might not agree necessarily but they'd do it because its the in thing to do..

Once that happens, the Stewards are completely fecked. They cannot throw everyone out.. Its physically impossible.

ralphie88

:lol: Check out numbers 1 and 2 in the top 5 products this month!
If this works, that should soon change. :D

Heap said:

Did they not?
I just cut and pasted from the e-mail I got mate. Apols if it seemed from that that MUST were trying to claim credit, I'll edit the original post.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

I just cut and pasted from the e-mail I got mate. Apols if it seemed from that that MUST were trying to claim credit, I'll edit the original post.
Yeh no worries, was purely out of curiosity.

Dyslexic Untied

Sounds like a good idea.

If anything it might help unite the movement and will be a good peaceful way of spreading the word. Might take some time to gather substantial numbers of green and gold but still, a nice idea IMO.

ralphie88

What will it achieve?
Well if it works then there'll be a sea of green and gold and the media in particular will start asking "why"? And of course any of Glazers' business contacts/potential bond buyers in the ground will ask the same question and see the extent of fan discontent with the current regime.

Its like that FA cup protest where fans were asked to dress in Black. There were thousands turning up in the retro black United tops or black hoodies, and you wouldnt notice any difference between that game and a normal United game...
Which is one reason why green and gold was suggested.

M13

Reserve Team Player

This is the email:

[1] GLAZERS OUT - GREEN & GOLD
Somebody* came up with this fantastic idea of wearing the old Newton Heath

* The creator of the idea is said to be Chatmaster on RedIssue? Credit to
him even if he isn't exactly MUST's greatest fan.
Viva United
Viva United
We'll wear the green and gold
until the club is sold
Viva United

Credit to Stretford_M32 from RI.

Boothy

I still wear my munich scarf and have done every match since I got it. Suppose I could change if this has a chance of picking up :)

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

You can only make an image if hte people who are looking at it understand what that image is meant to represent.. THe Glazers sure as hell wont, and nor will alot of fans..

Its like modern art.... Art critics can see what a piece is meant to represent, and the thought behind it. To the rest of us its just a pile of shit thrown together...

Then start to educate them rather than forever slinging mud their way.

Your way will get United nowhere. Use your head for a change.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe so, but I was around before the takeover, and no one gave a feck then, and I doubt they would give a feck now..

I remember standing at the end of SMBW shouting to people to join the march, whilst Pete Boyle sat in the Bishops Blaize selling CDs, and 99% of fans just walked aimlessly by looking at people who were trying to rouse support, as if they had two heads.

Thats the kind of apathy I am talking about....
Could be your approach is too aggressive?

And if so many people don't give a feck, you should make it your business to try and make them give a feck, without smashing up kiosks of course.

It's exactly because United have so many fans who are not moved as much as you are by this sort of thing that the Glazers can be "successful" and ignore the vocal minority.

You don't seem to get that it's about identifying ways that will attract ALL types of United fan, casual to hardcore, to support the protest.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
United's soul is never sold
So proudly wear that green and gold
We'll never wear our famous Red
Till Glazer's gone or even dead
So raise that ancient standard high
By green and gold we'll live or die
That day will come again for sure
When we can wear our Red once more

Not mine BTW...

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Brilliant idea. Got tickets for the City gmae coming up, and hopefully Milan after that, I'll sort somethign out for that.

Red_Jamie

I still wear my munich scarf and have done every match since I got it. Suppose I could change if this has a chance of picking up :)
Ahh wait for other people to do it and then you might start to do it yourself? That's the spirit! :p

Why not do both? You don't need to stop wearing your red and white one..

Rudie

Mentary
This is a great idea, green and gold it is then. I think the caf would look fetching in green and gold too.

Status
Not open for further replies.