Green and Gold till the club is Sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir A1ex

I'm not really convinced about what effects the chants and banners in the ground will have anyway - haven't the Scousers been trying that tactic over the last year or so, to no avail (except the angry fellatio email)
That is a pessimistic but worrying point of view. In can't help but think back to how many season in a row there seemed to be mass protests against Deadly Doug at Villa, with no result.
But still, better to give it a go and voice your feelings than sit and suffer in silence.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
And if they did release it as the new away kit a simple switch to Wembley 1968 blue would do the trick.
and so ad infinitum..

How many hidden messages can you send before people start to lose interest...

Lets not forget the club have people reading all these forums, so they are going to be well aware of whats going on. They wont be sat there looking at the CCTV saying WHY THE feck ARE ALL THESE UNITED FANS TURNING UP IN GREEN SCARVES.

The Glazers are NOT going to be sat in their ivory towers in Tampa thinking SHIT WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO.. THEY ARE ALL DRESSED IN GREEN..

Come on be serious....

The only way they will shit their pants is if the message is so blatant and clear you'd have to be thick as feck not to notice it.

The reason the Glazers dont want protests is because they dont want the media believing that there is a protest. Hiding it in the form of a green scarve merely plays into their hands.. It does exactly what they want. It forces the message underground.. And that is EXACTLY what the fans dont want...

Thats what caused the problesm in the first place.. the fact they managed to manipulate things so the support was split and the boycotters were seen as traitors and not real United fans..

You hide the message you are just repeating the same mistake made in 2005 when MUST tried to pander to the apologists, and to not upset people...

If you want to get the message across you are going to have to piss people off.. Its the only way.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
How about organising a planned walk out after about 60 minutes of a game?

That surely would send a signal.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
That is a pessimistic but worrying point of view. In can't help but think back to how many season in a row there seemed to be mass protests against Deadly Doug at Villa, with no result.
But still, better to give it a go and voice your feelings than sit and suffer in silence.
Well its taken 5 years for people to work that out, but better late than never I guess.

The point is, any protest has to be meaningful.. It has to be open and direct.

You hide the meaning and you lose it.. SImple as that...

All turning up in green scarves will achieve absolutely nothing. The Glazer wont care one bit if you turn up with a green scarf..

Why do you think they dont want the banners and T Shirts. Because they know the effect it will have.. By playing their game you are making their job easy.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
How about organising a planned walk out after about 60 minutes of a game?

That surely would send a signal.
No it wouldnt...

Have you seen the numbers fecking off after 70 minutes....

No one would spot the difference..

If you are going to do it, then do it at the start of the game and get everyone turning up 10 minutes late...

Thats when it would be noticed..

Example...

Sunday 4pm kick off.

Fans all stand outside OT and refuse to go in. The police would have no option but to delay the kick off. The press then have to explain why the kick off is delayed.

BINGO.. Instant headline over every newspaper in teh county and anyone watching SKY Sports would see it..

Thats the way to go about it...

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If you are going to do it, then do it at the start of the game and get everyone turning up 10 minutes late...

Thats when it would be noticed..

Example...

Sunday 4pm kick off.

Fans all stand outside OT and refuse to go in. The police would have no option but to delay the kick off. The press then have to explain why the kick off is delayed.

BINGO.. Instant headline over every newspaper in teh county and anyone watching SKY Sports would see it..

Better idea Fred - I'd be up for it!

Game against AC Milan would be a great eye opener.

Dave89

Why not get a load of sheets of A4 paper with LUHG on them or just Glazer out and hand them out near the ground. I think everyone holding those up as the teams were coming out say would be a lot more visual? Could be a bit harder to arrange something like that though I'd imagine.
I'd imagine the police would land on you for boring reasons such as littering.

Sir A1ex

All turning up in green scarves will achieve absolutely nothing. The Glazer wont care one bit if you turn up with a green scarf..
To be honest, I think the greater benefit will be about building support amongst ourselves - ie the fans. I think there are plenty of people who oppose Glazer but don't want to stand out as being one of a minority kicking up a fuss.

The green and gold gives people an opporunity to say to other fans "I'm taking this seriously", and I'm pretty sure, as word spread, the numbers earing it would increase over the weeks. Once there is a substantial proportion of fans in the colours, nobody can be in any dobut about how many people are behind the movement, building everybody's confidence to make themselves heard.

The kind of thing I'm talking about is, just say somebody here has a seat in NT3, and they can here Glazer chants going up in the Stretty. Normally, the reason the quiet areas don't join in songs is because there aren't enough "instigators" who will pick up a song coming over from the Stretty. But it if that person can see a good helping of green adn gold shirts around him, then he at least know that if he gets it started its likely people will join in, rather than leave him standing there like a muppet singing by himself.

Sir A1ex

Sunday 4pm kick off.

That is a good idea, no doubt. But these things aren't mutually exclusive, no harm in doing several different things!

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
To be honest, I think the greater benefit will be about building support amongst ourselves - ie the fans. I think there are plenty of people who oppose Glazer but don't want to stand out as being one of a minority kicking up a fuss.

The green and gold gives people an opporunity to say to other fans "I'm taking this seriously", and I'm pretty sure, as word spread, the numbers earing it would increase over the weeks. Once there is a substantial proportion of fans in the colours, nobody can be in any dobut about how many people are behind the movement, building everybody's confidence to make themselves heard.

The kind of thing I'm talking about is, just say somebody here has a seat in NT3, and they can here Glazer chants going up in the Stretty. Normally, the reason the quiet areas don't join in songs is because there aren't enough "instigators" who will pick up a song coming over from the Stretty. But it if that person can see a good helping of green adn gold shirts around him, then he at least know that if he gets it started its likely people will join in, rather than leave him standing there like a muppet singing by himself.
I don't think our Fred will be happy with any of our suggestions unless it involves maximum havoc, a riot and an eventual arrest.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Better idea Fred - I'd be up for it!

Game against AC Milan would be a great eye opener.
The problem you have, is MUST simply wont do it , for fear of upsetting someone...

The problem is you will never find a solution that pleases everyone. Someone somewhere is always going to be upset, no matter what you do.

At some point MUST is going to have to stop sitting on the fence and call for all out war. If they dont then they just get portrayed as being spineless which was one of the accusations labelled at them in 2005.

Yes I have in the past advocated illegal activities, and that is something MUST cannot do, but they are going to have to be more militant than simply saying LOOK I AM WEARING GREEN.. I DONT LIKE GLAZER....

At some point they have to come up with a real plan, one that will get noticed, and delaying a kick off by 20 minutes isnt illegal and would put exactly the right message across.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
I don't think our Fred will be happy with any of our suggestions unless it involves maximum havoc, a riot and an eventual arrest.
I'd be happy with anything thats visible, and the entire world can see.

When those twats turn on their TV I want them to know there are 75000 people baying for their blood...

Red_Jamie

The problem you have, is MUST simply wont do it , for fear of upsetting someone...

The problem is you will never find a solution that pleases everyone. Someone somewhere is always going to be upset, no matter what you do.

At some point MUST is going to have to stop sitting on the fence and call for all our war. If they dont then they just get portrayed as being spineless.

Yes I have in the past advocated illegal activities, and that is something MUST cannot do, but they are going to have to be more militant than simply saying LOOK I AM WEARING GREEN.. I DONT LIKE GLAZER....

At some point they have to come up with a real plan, one that will get noticed, and delaying a kick off by 20 minutes isnt illegal and would put exactly the right message across.
It's important you realise that this isn't meant to prevent people taking stronger action (i.e boycotting or whatever) but is meant to supplement the other things like turning up late for games. It ALL HELPS when trying to raise awareness.

This won't distract people from the bigger picture.

Sir A1ex

Why not get a load of sheets of A4 paper with LUHG on them or just Glazer out and hand them out near the ground. I think everyone holding those up as the teams were coming out say would be a lot more visual? Could be a bit harder to arrange something like that though I'd imagine.
Using one of their precious mosaics against them would be class. I still think that in theory it shouldn't be impossible to organise your own mosaic, but I must admit the logistics seem daunting!

Of course, the advantage over a banner (other than size) is that the Stewards can't throw everybody out, or any single person for holding up a blank piece of paper - it's a bit like bit-torrents!

Better still, but even more impossible, is for everybody to turn up wearing entirey one colour, and make a match-long mosaic. To be fair, France seemed to try this against Ireland, and it took me most of the match to work out it said BLEUS, so maybe that's a non-starter.

Boothy

South Stand with an L

Stretty with an U

North with an H

Scoreboard with an G

It wont happen, but it could be good

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I didn't attend the meeting and only read the slightly spasticated notes that were posted about (Sack SAF apparently...), but what's the next step up? Presuming we even slightly get his attention with either feck OFF GLZAER shirts or an LUHG mosaic, what's the next thing to do after he looks up from counting his money in America and sees a bit of anger at the ground?

ralphie88

Sunday 4pm kick off.

That would obviously create a huge fuss. However, organising it and getting fans to not go in for kick off is the problem. We've tried this kind of thing before and it's been a spectacular failure.

Deary me Fred, that's rubbish and you should know it. MUST might not put forward such an idea, but the reason would be nothing to do with "upsetting someone". It would be because the idea was infeasible.

The Glazer wont care one bit if you turn up with a green scarf.
If it's all in the press that the colours of the anti Glazers protest are gold and green, and a good proportion of the stadium turn up wearing those colours it would be very embarassing for the owners.

Club official - "Here's your exec box for the match Sir, and I hope you'll buy a bond off us soon!"
Fat Cat - "Why is everyone wearing green and gold"
Club official - "Er...."

Stan Jefferson

i think the point fred is missing is all the arguing etc and the fact that a lot of our less passionate fans arent really on board with the whole glazer out thing just yet means were not really ready to do something truly meaningful today or tomorrow. hell, we cant even agree between ourselves. but the scarves will go some way to help unify us and spread the message, they are not meant to be the only thing we do, just as a starter so at some point, when things get going and ideas turn into plans, we might stand a chance of not only agreeing with each other but gaining the support of the wider community of fans.

ralphie88

Anyway, this thread was to pass on the message about the green and gold to matchgoers.

There are plenty of other threads to mither about MUST or whatever, whether you're pro or anti Glazer.

Ta.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
South Stand with an L

Stretty with an U

North with an H

Scoreboard with an G

It wont happen, but it could be good
Those kind of things require cooperation from the club in order to leave mural cards on people's seats. Can't see them giving the go ahead for that one, as good as it would be!

Devils Advocate

just an idea, and not sure of the logistics, but wanted to see what people thought -

from the posts on here it seems getting hold of the newton heath style shirt might be difficult/very expensive. obviously some people will already have a version but for those who don't -

what would the chances be that MUST/IMUSA get a run of say 5'000 - 10'000 green and yellow halved shirts and sold them independently of the club.

as i said, i'm not sure of the logistics, but if you could do a run of 5'000 for 25k and sold them at £10 a pop then that'd bring in 50k. that'd give the supporters clubs a profit to fund further schemes and help people get an affordable shirt as a symbol of protest.

it might be the case that pre-ordering would have to be done if the money to pay for them was an issue and a set number had to be sold but it'd be worth considering i think.

i think the green/gold is a very achievable first step and i reckon it'd be an idea to almost start from scratch with how the issue can be dealt with. there's no way that the supporters clubs can hope to oust the glazers in the short term by carrying out uncoordinated protests.

however, if you start proceedings by getting a substantial number of matchgoing fans wearing green and gold then you can then plan the next step and provide a decent foundation for further efforts.

anyway, just a thought.

Sir A1ex

Those kind of things require cooperation from the club in order to leave mural cards on people's seats. Can't see them giving the go ahead for that one, as good as it would be!
Indeed.

The only options are to get in early and go and put them out, but you'd need aloads of you, and the stewards would notice and scupper the whole thing.

Or in theory, to pass them down each row once the stadium is full, but that would be fraught with cock-ups too.

If there was enough support and effort, you could organise in advance - publish a website where you check you seat number and it tells you what colour to wear / bring. But that's a pipe dream!

ralphie88

Very true unfortunately.

We need ideas that (a) the majority of the support will go along with, and (b) that are easily organised.

Stan Jefferson

Anyway, this thread was to pass on the message about the green and gold to matchgoers.

There are plenty of other threads to mither about MUST or whatever, whether you're pro or anti Glazer.

Ta.
yeah, cheers, ordered my scarf

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
To be honest I think education is key, in terms of letting the average fan know exactly what is detrimental about the Glazers ownership, the debt, etc. Then we might see some proper support across the fan base for the anti Glazer movement.

As opposed to it being seen as a fringe movement, which is how it is perceived at the moment (not unjustly either).

The issue really is delivering this knowledge to the average fan in a way that would make them listen, as opposed to a flyer they're just going to dump in a few steps.

Devils Advocate

alternatively, if the idea i mooted above wasnt possible and people wanted to wear gold and green halved shirts but couldnt find ones that were affordable, it wouldnt be a bad idea for people to buy a green shirt and (probably easier than a gold) a yellow shirt, cut them inh half, stitch them up the middle and hey presto one very cheap looking, but wearable shirt.

the fact it would be unauthentic and amateur would be fairly fitting as well as it's wearing your club colours whilst not in anyway funding the activities of the club.

The White Pele

I think this is a great idea. Yes the Glazers probably won't give a shit but at this stage it's more about unifying the fans and adding numbers to the cause. I'm sure most fans are against the Glazer ownership but feel there's nothing they can personally do and are maybe unaware of any MUST plans.

The green and gold should provoke curiosity and then awareness will grow and hopefully some publicity to boot. Once numbers grow then the next forms of protest will be more effective

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Not once it becomes known to the media that green and gold is the colour of the anti-Glazer movement.

Anyway, the kit for next season will already be well into production.
I can confirm this, nothing to do with green and gold and lots of bloody ugly merchandise to boot.

I must say, I'm excited to see the green and gold on the tele. THey didnt show the LUHG flag but there is no way they could hide this.

Status
Not open for further replies.