Green and Gold till the club is Sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I still have my green and gold kit from 93 (think it was 93?) but it will either be size Y or LB, any idea where I can get one that will fit?!

Red_Jamie

Says "Red" Jamie.

Pro-Glazer scum is what you are mate! And I will continue to say so until you become "Green_and_Gold_Jamie"! ;)
:D

In fairness having read more of what Fred's stance is I didn't even mean that. His head's in the right place.

It's just don't see how fans taking a pessimistic approach is going to help. I can't help but feel that some people are already defeated.

I think after seeing what happened on Saturday a lot of us have realised that we could be on to the start of something big here!

Boothy

Ahh wait for other people to do it and then you might start to do it yourself? That's the spirit! :p

Why not do both? You don't need to stop wearing your red and white one..
Aye, I'm gonna go find my bank card and get one of these I think, good to see RC picking up movement about Glazer :D

Red_Jamie

Bloody hell... I did that... £90 - And it's second hand!

Are they this much in that shop on Oldham Street? I may pop up there at lunch time...
I was looking for one of these for my dads birthday a couple of years ago and couldn't find one for less than £80!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Bloody hell... I did that... £90 - And it's second hand!

Are they this much in that shop on Oldham Street? I may pop up there at lunch time...
If you do go to the shop will you shoot me a PM with how much they're going for fella?

Boothy

I lost my Munich scarf in Rome.. The phrase salt in the wounds came to mind!
Mine still has the little tag on it saying it was given to supporters etc. and it's been to every match for 2 seasons now, my old man wore his just for the one game and his tag managed to fall off. I lost my house keys in Rome, good job my brother had some too :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It would have been nice if people had adopted any form of attitude five years ago...
:D

All been and gone now.

I'm just content that something is happening on a widespread scale against the cnuts.

Grande

I heard it was originally an idea put forward by the People's Front of Judea.
Splitters.

From the Green & Gold to Rossobianchi

and back. Brilliant idea.

Best case scenario: The message gets across.
Worst case scenario: The history of this 132 years old club is invigorated.

Glazer Out T-shirts with Green and Gold scarves is also a very good combination.

Grande

But theres a good % of the muppets inside OT these days most probably dont even realise United were called Newton Heath, let alone played in green and gold...

You can only make an image if hte people who are looking at it understand what that image is meant to represent.. THe Glazers sure as hell wont, and nor will alot of fans..

Its like modern art.... Art critics can see what a piece is meant to represent, and the thought behind it. To the rest of us its just a pile of shit thrown together...

Thats what I fear.. 90% of the people wont understand what it means, and the significance of it.
If that is what you fear, I should hope it would not be a paralyzing fear at that.

Matchgoers without a clue of club history is a part of the problem in itself. This certainly warrants Green & Gold Awareness Action!

You can certainly make an image by breaking with people's expectations. Patches of Green & Gold regularly amid the red, white and black? To the enlightened, an image of the cause. To the not yet enlightened among fans, the press and the Glazers (should they ever watch): An image of puzzlement, eliciting questionmarks, curiosity.

And that curiosity is what might prime their awareness for the message when it comes in a clearer form. (Like Glazer Out!-t-shirts, which should be combined with this effort, absolutely!)

topper

Clown
Ralph, though I admire the sentiment, I just dont buy into this..

What will it achieve ?

Will 90% of fans, and more importantly the Glazers, understand what the significance of them is..

Its like that FA cup protest where fans were asked to dress in Black. There were thousands turning up in the retro black United tops or black hoodies, and you wouldnt notice any difference between that game and a normal United game..

I personally think fans should be offered a GLAZER OUT T shirt. They simply cannot enforce the removal of every fan who wears one. The fans can all wear a top over them, and once inside the ground then they can reveal them.

The stewards simply cannot enforce the removal of every Anti Glazer T shirt. It would be physically impossible to do.
great idea Fred over to you MUST

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Watch a suddenly next season our away kit is green and yellow again and the Glazers pass it off as a cunning plan from the start.
Exactly my point earlier..

If suddenly everyone turns up in Green and Gold, then the Glazers will simply flood the megastore with green and gold kits and everone will believe its the new trend and the meaning is lost.

What then ? Oh well black didnt work, greene and gold didnt work.. I know, lets all dress in red as a silent protest.. It will signify a red card to the Glazers...

Why have a hidden meaning.. Just come straight out and say it..

GLAZER feck OFF....

ralphie88

If suddenly everyone turns up in Green and Gold, then the Glazers will simply flood the megastore with green and gold kits and everone will believe its the new trend and the meaning is lost.
Not once it becomes known to the media that green and gold is the colour of the anti-Glazer movement.

Anyway, the kit for next season will already be well into production.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And if they did release it as the new away kit a simple switch to Wembley 1968 blue would do the trick.

Sir A1ex

Yeah there is. Google 'Old Man United shirts". There's also a shop on Oldham Street.
If you do go to the shop will you shoot me a PM with how much they're going for fella?
Couldn't find anywhere on Oldham Street - there are a couple of big old second hand clothes shops (Mr Ryan's and something else), that have a load of tatty old generic footy tops going for 2 or 3 quid, but none of them had any proper United tops or other authentic kits.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Not once it becomes known to the media that green and gold is the colour of the anti-Glazer movement.

Anyway, the kit for next season will already be well into production.
Ralph, we all know that when it comes to the Glazers v Protestors, the media do no favours for United fans at all.

In 2005 the papers all laughed at United fans and their so called futile protests. There was little or no coverage of what was really going on. It wasnt till FC UNITED was formed that the press really started to take notice, and by that time it was too late.

I simply dont see the Daily Mirror running an article on United fans all turning up in green and gold and portraying that as any form of meaningful protest.

What is the average supporter going to think when they see in the papers United fans are all protesting by turning up looking like Parrots.. They are hardly going to sit there and believe it to be credible...

The only credible protest that will be seen by millions and believed to be one thats worthwhile, is one where the message is simple, forthright and blunt...

Which will gain more attention ? United fans all turn up wearing snot coloured scarves, or United fans all ejected for wearing T shirts telling their owner to feck right off...

The media wont pay attention to what they will deem futile protests. THey havent paid any attention to the LUHG stickers. So I doubh they will take fans wearing a different colour scarf as being something worthwhile reporting on.

You stick a few hundred baying fans outside OT, give them some banners, and get footage of fans being ejected from OT for wearing anti Glazer T shirts, and believe me, the press will have a field day...

Sir A1ex

Exactly my point earlier..

No Fred, that's just paranoid.

Apart from anything else, I honestly don't think the Glazers have got nearly enough of a clue (or care) about what is going on amongst the fans to come up with such a plan. Which doesn't bode well for the campaign haveing much of an impact, admittedly, but I'm prepared to give it a go.

Sir A1ex

Btw - an idea from a mate which some may be able to use... Brazil shirts! Just about fits in with the colour, and show your support for our samba trio (and the forgotten one - where the hell is he these days anyway, didn't he get sent back from Portugal?)!

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
I'm not really convinced about what effects the chants and banners in the ground will have anyway - haven't the Scousers been trying that tactic over the last year or so, to no avail (except the angry fellatio email)
The problem is until recently they have been as divided as us. SOS has very little support among the match going fans.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Couldn't find anywhere on Oldham Street - there are a couple of big old second hand clothes shops (Mr Ryan's and something else), that have a load of tatty old generic footy tops going for 2 or 3 quid, but none of them had any proper United tops or other authentic kits.
That's a bugger, can't see myself shelling out £100 for the ones online!

Cheers mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.