Greenwood (Out) - signs for Getafe on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

United stands for and on nothing period. Especially having read the statement or more accurately put the exposé concluding the entire ordeal.
The commercial product is still clearly a thing. Turfing out swathes of academy products who have wasted years at the club not playing enough football and forcing them to do a statement is another example of trying to protect the United brand.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I just can’t see him being back in England within in the next 3-4 years, but I do think if he’s still any good, one day it could happen.
This is the Caf. 4 months ago everyone said Casemiro was a WC player. Today he is past it and needs to be replaced.
Or within 3 matches there are some that want ETH out.
u turns of opinions can turn on a dime here

MUFC OK

This is the Caf. 4 months ago everyone said Casemiro was a WC player. Today he is past it and needs to be replaced.
Or within 3 matches there are some that want ETH out.
u turns of opinions can turn on a dime here
Anyone questioning Casemiro after last season is a joke. Our struggles in midfield are tactical.

ShinjiNinja26

So what price would you think or expect us to get for him? It’s just not realistic to think we’d look to get a fee for him in the current climate.
Anything’s better than nothing. I’m not expecting £80m or any other silly figures that are floating about but at least try and get something for him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't get why he is good enough for Lazio but not good enough for United? Do we refuse him entry to Old Trafford or boycott the game if we draw them in the Champions League? United should have just grown a pair and reinstated the guy.

MUFC OK

I don't get why he is good enough for Lazio but not good enough for United? Do we refuse him entry to Old Trafford or boycott the game if we draw them in the Champions League? United should have just grown a pair and reinstated the guy.
Exactly.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You'll get slaughtered for talking sense on here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He was good enough for United footballing skills wise. Reputation wise, far from good enough.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He was good enough for United footballing skills wise. Reputation wise, far from good enough.
People (not referring to you) can keep their virtue-signalling crap. The world of sport and entertainment is littered with names, most a lot bigger than Greenwood, who have done very questionable things and are still doing alright. Perhaps Greenwood should move to the US and take a run at being the President. He'd probably stand a better chance than putting on a United shirt.

The double standards are just off the charts but that's just social media these days. United should have just stood their ground and let the Rachel Rileys of this world just go feck off and support another club.

It's really going to sting watching Greenwood playing for another club.

red.knight

Anything’s better than nothing. I’m not expecting £80m or any other silly figures that are floating about but at least try and get something for him.
What if Mason refuse to leave? Are United gonna pay him pay-out fees to offload him?

Last edited:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We're getting an extra 10 points for moral reasons end of the season mate, just hang in there
If it was a moral decision I would actually respect it much more. But this decision has been made because no one at the club has the strength to make tough decisions and then stand by them. We should have either reintegrated him when the charges were dropped or paid out his contract or made a decision to sell/loan him when the transfer window opens.
But we did neither of this. We have made a mess of it all and he has lost 6 months of his career because of it.
Anyway best we can do now is let him leave for (almost) free with hopefully a 50 % sell on.

Fahad Jawaid

Without getting into a moral debate, a loan is what we should be doing, because with the level of talent he had, club should be confident by Jan'24, he would be back to his best and by summer there will be several clubs after him and we could potentially get 60 to 80M for him.

Why sell him now for free, when there is a high possibility of potential asset and his value increasing significantly.

As a club we are spineless and afraid to make the right calls at right times. We should have sent Maguire to the stands and he should have been training with reserves for weeks for him to understand there is no way back and eventually sold to Westham.

Similarly 30M for Mctominay was a very good deal and we should have taken it, specially as our manager is hell bent on using Cas, Mount and Bruno and then we have Eriksen as a backup, plus we could have sold him as got Amrabat ages ago, for Mctominay, instead we on the final day we are scrambling to get it done, which was a piss easy deal with both Florentina and Amrabat bending over for us.

Now for Greenwood we will sell him for free, and see him moving to top Italian or PSG for 60 to 80M and then we would be here going crazy and saying how we could have used this money with our FFP issues. We always delay and never make wise decisions and eventually sell players for pittance or free, instead of taking early decisions, we are clearly the worst run top club, shambles from top to bottom.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
People (not referring to you) can keep their virtue-signalling crap. The world of sport and entertainment is littered with names, most a lot bigger than Greenwood, who have done very questionable things and are still doing alright. Perhaps Greenwood should move to the US and take a run at being the President. He'd probably stand a better chance than putting on a United shirt.

The double standards are just off the charts but that's just social media these days. United should have just stood their ground and let the Rachel Rileys of this world just go feck off and support another club.

Better take your medicine then

Glorio

Ideally a permanent move, even if it's a low fee, with decent add-ons and high percentage sell on clause.
Rather a loan, he smashes it, teams "forget" (we don't), and we sell him for a big price

Redlyn

Today is the last day. Is he actually going anywhere???

Baxquux

Better take your medicine then
Aren't you supposed to be a senior admin? Half the posts I've seen you produce are not only horribly partisan on one side of a discussion rather than facilitating discussion, but actively insulting other posters...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Either that or you’ll have to gouge your eyes out to stop you crying like
Aren't you supposed to be a senior admin? Half the posts I've seen you produce are not only horribly partisan on one side of a discussion rather than facilitating discussion, but actively insulting other posters...
That's all they do on here. They take sides and penalise posters who don't align with their agendas.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
It is a certainty that he will move for a big fee in a couple seasons. By next summer his incident would be irrelevant for anyone outside England.
It’s far from a certainty.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
His name is Red Ped ffs. It was a joke

Plastic Evra

Besiktas and Olympiakos being on the list of clubs that scratched the door and asked "are you using that still ?" reassures me there's some constant in that constantly evolving world.

Hammondo

You are a weak person if you have to look to others to decide your morals, you sound like you are just trying to get away with whatever you can.

obesouro

Our reputation is muck though. We've just signed Ronaldo two seasons ago.

In what world was his signing acceptable after reading his questionnaire for his lawyers?

To the question: “Did Ms. C ever raise her voice, scream or yell?”, the footballer replied: “She said no and stop several times

Pscholes18

I tried phoning my good pal Steve McClaren there (he deals with all United transfers at the moment) and he said "maybe, I'm trying to sleep" and fell asleep on the phone so we will see.

The top comment here though
You should be Murtoughs right hand man.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Why would a club with a fine reputation like Lazio go for Greenwood?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Probably not, seeing as one is required to be a natural-born citizen and at least 35 years old to be eligible for the office of US President.

I do agree with your point about double standards though. Just a few days ago the club was seriously considering bringing in [Irrelevant point], a convicted killer. Didn't see nearly as much outrage when those links came up.

Roane

I think we can all agree, maybe?, that this hasn't been handled right.

The club have bowed to pressure from likes of Riley when it seemed they were willing to keep him.

My opinion they should have made an example of him as a young man who fecked up big time but the "United family" owed to him and women out there to not "make it someone else's problem" but use it to "do some good" for those involved in similar relationships and that as a last resort/second chance it was up to MG to take on board the help and support to become a better person and help raise the profile of DV.

I know this view maybe uncomfortable to some folk and fair enough. All I know is that having worked on regeneration and social exclusion etc some of the best "staff" we had in various projects came from backgrounds they were trying to now help in. An example would be ex gang members working with kids to stop becoming gang members.

Alternatively just get rid and not wait for pressure from likes of Rachel Riley who are not exactly bastions of moral virtue.

Hoof the ball

Human nature is highly hypocritical, even on here. No names, but a number of the same people who are against Mason in a red shirt again are some of the same people who watched and discussed multiple Mayweather fights after multiple domestic assults and battery spanning a decade.

How's a MF'er gonna tell folks to get off the Greenwood train and then watch Mayweather vs. Canelo, Maidana and Pac Man? Sheeeeeeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.