Greenwood (Out) - signs for Getafe on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I see no issues. Lots of companies donate large sums to charities, even without acting like cnuts beforehand.
The club through the MU Foundation, United for UNICEF and Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation does great work with charities already. I'm sure that work will continue regardless of what opportunistic no-names on the internet who are demanding transfer fees go to charity have to say.

hobbers

This doesn’t even make sense. That was an internal re-intergration model/plan - that labelled which institutions and journos would be receptive or against his return/where they would land. How does that translate to United has to donate? What the feck
The club hurt their feelings because some journalist leaked a PR strategy.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Apparently we've already received around 10 offers. Whether these offers are loans or permanent transfers remain to be seen.
Oooh thanks.

This is promising.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Ronaldo was their marquee signing
Ronaldo is very different, he’s arguably the biggest name in football alongside Messi, tiers and tiers above MG.

He also didn’t go there fresh from that audio and pics. He was able to play for United whereas MG can’t

Is this a joke?
No but if it made you laugh that’s OK

Out of interest what’s the deal with the Saudi league? I am guessing that as they are all state backed clubs, they would never get into a bidding war with each other. So it will be one Saudi club making a lowish offer rather than 2 or 3 competing for him?
I think the PIF own 4 of the teams.

CM

No but if it made you laugh that’s OK
Without wanting to be rude, you're crazy if you think there's any kind of moral compass associated with that league, or if they even superficially care about PR. They're the antithesis of that.

windycityfan

Did no one at the club contemplate this possibility (that he’d not be kept) and therefore this process needed to happen much earlier, like before the transfer window opened? At this juncture, United has very little leverage in maximizing the outcome on whatever the transaction may be.

The lack of vision at this club is mind boggling.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Did no one at the club contemplate this possibility (that he’d not be kept) and therefore this process needed to happen much earlier, like before the transfer window opened? At this juncture, United has very little leverage in maximizing the outcome on whatever the transaction may be.

The lack of vision at this club is mind boggling.
There has been an internal investigation which ended at the end of July. After that there was a delay due to the women’s World Cup as they wanted to discuss how they felt if he was to return. Public outrage accelerated it to this outcome.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Hope the club has been in contact with the charities and will donate decent sums to them regardless of the transfer fee. Least they could do after labeling said charities hostile.
The club did a standard stakeholder analysis and comms plan to numerous potential outcomes using the standard terms for that documentation. It was then leaked to a journalist who reported without context implying they were somehow using the term “hostile” in a derogatory fashion and people are now unable to look past headlines and understand nuance.

klsv

This doesn’t even make sense. That was an internal re-intergration model/plan - that labelled which institutions and journos would be receptive or against his return/where they would land. How does that translate to United has to donate? What the feck
Seems this lot disagrees with it being a minor detail and internal affair

They are women and obviously don't care about our assets and profits and finances, though, so you might be right.

Woziak

This just proves he is done here. The only question is how and when it ends, but it’s over.
They’ll loan him 12 months to Roma or an Italian side, then sell to highest bidder. Greenwood, will finally realise he can not play in the UK, irrespective of what he wishes and will look for the most Anglo friendly club, Mourinho knows him, likes him, needs a striker, will probably have no loan fee as we are shocking but they may pick up his wages for 12 months. Can’t even see a loan with obligation to buy, Even In Italy people will turn up and boo him, Saudi is his only hope where he’ll be treated like a God if he starts scoring irrespective of what he has or has not done, the Audio and pictures will be barred over there as they have strict anti western laws with regard to the internet.

Best case for united after Arnold’s shot show is loan, to a familiar face get sone form then sell abroad next year.

if he goes to Saudi, United should ask for £40m which they will not get but that’s what they should ask for ?

BerryBerryShrew

I think we should just tag on an extra £50 to everyone's season ticket fee for a morality surcharge, and use that to donate to any relevant charities.
Or instead, do what the likes of Argos do and ask if you want to donate an additional £X to relevant charities when making a purchase (of tickets or merchandise from an official club source). My guess is that all of the people who want to see the transfer fee donated will meekly click the "No thanks" box and continue smelling their own farts.

klsv

You bow to the mob and this is what happens. Self righteous bullshit at its peak, but I’m certain those who wanted Greenwood gone would have no problem with this.
I wanted him gone and I don't mind donating the possible fee and it seems I'm an idiot for it. If i would have an issue with it, I'd be a hypocrite AND an idiot. The only right way was to want Greenwood to stay.

Giggsy13

The club did a standard stakeholder analysis and comms plan to numerous potential outcomes using the standard terms for that documentation. It was then leaked to a journalist who reported without context implying they were somehow using the term “hostile” in a derogatory fashion and people are now unable to look past headlines and understand nuance.
Rarely anyone is a capable of thinking beyond a headline these days.

windycityfan

There has been an internal investigation which ended at the end of July. After that there was a delay due to the women’s World Cup as they wanted to discuss how they felt if he was to return. Public outrage accelerated it to this outcome.
I understand. But the internal investigation had to conclude well before then- starting after charges being dropped and well before the window winding down.

In any case, best outcome for the club would be to loan him out, and then sell. Hopefully his footballing value is still as high as his potential once was.

Giggsy13

We should dump him into somewhere like the greek second division and leave him there to rot as far as I'm concerned.
While I’m certain that would give you some pleasure, as it would represent some sort of significant achievement, it won’t happen, because he’s a young footballer with amazing potential who will do well elsewhere.

Giggsy13

The club through the MU Foundation, United for UNICEF and Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation does great work with charities already. I'm sure that work will continue regardless of what opportunistic no-names on the internet who are demanding transfer fees go to charity have to say.
Top post.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I understand. But the internal investigation had to conclude well before then- starting after charges being dropped and well before the window winding down.

In any case, best outcome for the club would be to loan him out, and then sell. Hopefully his footballing value is still as high as his potential once was.
The internal investigation had to be comprehensive and thorough. It was a HR issue and has nothing to do with the football side of things.

the_cliff

We're already in a sticky situation with FFP, what would happen if we have to pay off his contract in terms of ffp ?

Glorio

Loan him out, hope he absolutely smashes it, then sell him for a big fee next season

TsuWave

Seems this lot disagrees with it being a minor detail and internal affair

They are women and obviously don't care about our assets and profits and finances, though, so you might be right.
What does that have to do with United? It was an internal model/plan leaked by journalists - they were categorised as “hostile” because they weren’t likely to be receptive to the player returning - not that they are hostile in general - again, how does that translate to United owes them/should donate the money from his sale?

The club already does charity work - and has acquiesced to public pressure and folded a potential £100m asset.

Does United also owe money to the journalists and press platforms that landed on the “hostile” side of the model?

Status
Not open for further replies.