Greenwood to wear #11 next season

SER19

Really disappointed by the lack of professionalism.

Predictably people will make it about whether or not people care what others do sexually, when clearly there are many other factors at play here given the pandemic, the first call up to national team and nature of the squad bubble and the fact that these guys are just off the back of weeks of free time to do whatever they want. If people actually cared about greenwood's sex life they'd be speculating about it on any given week this is totally different and embarrassingly unprofessional

Dinghy

He's a moron, it's really that simple. It will probably cost him a place in the Euros.

romufc

Nail on the head. He’ll score next match and no one will care what he does. If the media didn’t find out about this story there wouldn’t even be a consequence
Tbh, what they do in their private lives in respect to women is up to them, they are human and can chose to live their life how they want.

I am more annoyed that he has to quarantine for 2 weeks now.. so he will miss the first game, that is careless.

romufc

He's a moron, it's really that simple. It will probably cost him a place in the Euros.
If that's the case, most footballers will lose their place.

If you think its only Greenwood and Foden who entertain women, then you are quite naive.

Maureen-yo

Tbh, what they do in their private lives in respect to women is up to them, they are human and can chose to live their life how they want.

I am more annoyed that he has to quarantine for 2 weeks now.. so he will miss the first game, that is careless.
No he doesn’t, they are exempt from quarantine as they have handled the outbreak so well.

RUCK4444

Really disappointed by the lack of professionalism.

Predictably people will make it about whether or not people care what others do sexually, when clearly there are many other factors at play here given the pandemic, the first call up to national team and nature of the squad bubble and the fact that these guys are just off the back of weeks of free time to do whatever they want. If people actually cared about greenwood's sex life they'd be speculating about it on any given week this is totally different and embarrassingly unprofessional
Yeah it makes me feel old to, but I agree with this. Especially on his first call up.

Get Fergie to pick him up from the airport, let the godfather lay the law down.

dev1l

Yep, my sentiment exactly. He can shag everyone in Iceland for all I care, just keep putting that ball in the back of the net
Some people need to get a life. Over here they give me the feeling they re in a primary school - reporting every minor silly stuff to the teacher :)

bsCallout

If you think its only Greenwood and Foden who entertain women, then you are quite naive.
It's nothing to do with entertaining women. It is to do with breaking the rules of the country you are in and of your national team on your first call-up.

Very irresponsible. They are away for what 1-2 weeks and they couldn't follow instructions?

romufc

It's nothing to do with entertaining women. It is to do with breaking the rules of the country you are in and of your national team on your first call-up.

Very irresponsible. They are away for what 1-2 weeks and they couldn't follow instructions?
Yes, very irresponsible, not a moron.

Dinghy

It was his first call-up and he managed to break the rules, having been with the group for only a week or so. It shows a total lack of professionalism and respect for authority. He's not at the level where he's indisposable and there are other players that will rightfully get a chance before him the 3-4 next international breaks before the Euros. He basically jeopardized his place in the squad for the Euros for having sex in a hotel room, with his teammate sat watching. He's still young and it might be a bit harsh, but he's a fecking moron.

TheGodsInRed

I know now that he is number 11, he wants to follow in Giggs' footsteps. But this is taking the piss.
I bet Mason's brother is shitting himself hearing this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It was his first call-up and he managed to break the rules, having been with the group for only a week or so. It shows a total lack of professionalism and respect for authority. He's not at the level where he's indisposable and there are other players that will rightfully get a chance before him the 3-4 next international breaks before the Euros. He basically jeopardized his place in the squad for the Euros for having sex in a hotel room, with his teammate sat watching. He's still young and it might be a bit harsh, but he's a fecking moron.
I don't understand how some people cannot grasp the context in which those young players did that. Wanting to hook up is a human thing but there is a moment and a place for it.

Denis79

This is beyond just footballing reasons. The players were in quarantine. They made a mockery of a pandemic that almost cost a million lives.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Not with Premier league squad numbers, Sharpe was 5, Cantona 7 and Gillespie 31, don't think Wallace ever had one
1n 1992/93, Sharpe played #11 at home to Chelsea, Gillespie in the FA Cup on his debut, Wallace in the League Cup and in Europe and Cantona in the last game of the season against Wimbledon when Robbo wore #7.

Premier League squad numbers didn't come into effect until 1993/94...the second season of the Premier League.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is a wind-up, right?

dcrompton

1n 1992/93, Sharpe played #11 at home to Chelsea, Gillespie in the FA Cup on his debut, Wallace in the League Cup and in Europe and Cantona in the last game of the season against Wimbledon when Robbo wore #7.

Premier League squad numbers didn't come into effect until 1993/94...the second season of the Premier League.
Good knowledge! I'm talking about dedicated premier league squad numbers, so I still think 4 owners in 26 seasons for a 1-11 number must be a record

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Greenwood playing 4D chess to get stuck in quarantine costing us an option out wide for the season opener, tipping Woodie's hand in finalising the Sancho deal in time to play