Gaming GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas coming out in HD

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I cant wait. I have only played gta5 which I really liked. I still play gta5 online a lot, love that. Its going to be great to play what went before for me.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This is out in a few days and there's no extended gameplay videos about?
You can wait for gameplay videos on day 1, it's a digital release only for now so it's not like you need to preorder to be able to play.

Irwin99

Heard some of the music is gone? Hopefully not the punk stuff or Anthrax's Madhouse? :(

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If this still has the same controls as the OG games I'm going to play GTA:SA for 10 minutes and then drop it.

RUCK4444

Just bring a new fecking GTA game out Rockstar!!

I love these old games, spent years of my life constantly playing them, but when your onto a good thing just keep bringing the new one out.

I know many like RedDead but all those games do is infuriate me that Rockstar aren't just putting their all into the next GTA. The GTA series is just on another level to anything imo and having to wait decades in between each game is infuriating.

rizx

There is leaked gameplay already on YouTube, to me it looks more like a fan made project than an official release :rolleyes:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Some of the characters look ridiculously awful, like Lance Vance, Avery and Candy Suxxx.

I get half-assing pedestrians but put some care into plot characters.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Having seen more Gameplay for this I now don't think I'll enjoy it. Not enough improvements have been made.

macheda14

I love these old games, spent years of my life constantly playing them, but when your onto a good thing just keep bringing the new one out.

I know many like RedDead but all those games do is infuriate me that Rockstar aren't just putting their all into the next GTA. The GTA series is just on another level to anything imo and having to wait decades in between each game is infuriating.
They're 100 percent working on it now. The gap between GTA V and Red dead was 4 years. The capabilities of hardware has increased since Red Dead meaning they can put even more detail into it. I'd stake a claim that GTA VI will be out in 2 years from now.

Shark

@NotShark
They're almost identical to Fortnite visually :lol: much better than the originals for sure but really the right direction for a GTA game? seems like the laziest way out possible of slapping the remastered tag on them.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

They're 100 percent working on it now. The gap between GTA V and Red dead was 4 years. The capabilities of hardware has increased since Red Dead meaning they can put even more detail into it. I'd stake a claim that GTA VI will be out in 2 years from now.
Has there been any formal information from Rockstar that they are working on GTA6? I don't follow these things enough to know.

Just gives me the impression that they aren't focussing on that when they are re-releasing old remastered games. The wait kills me, I only really invest time into GTA or Fifa on consoles nowadays, with the kids I have limited time :D :(

OleBoiii

If it's not possible to buy these classics digitally on modern systems, then I don't see the big issue with this game bundle? There's clearly a demand for it.

If not, then I agree that it's a cash grab to simply do some minor fixes and bundle them all together.

evil_geko

Has there been any formal information from Rockstar that they are working on GTA6? I don't follow these things enough to know.

Just gives me the impression that they aren't focussing on that when they are re-releasing old remastered games. The wait kills me, I only really invest time into GTA or Fifa on consoles nowadays, with the kids I have limited time :D :(
I read that many people were changed during GTA6 development, that in 2019 they scratched all previous work and started from beginning, it is kinda in "development hell" etc. I don't know how true all that is, but many important devs left Rockstar recently.

Bosws87

Think Rockstar are done, great while it lasted but i can't see with the avenues they are going down that we will get a GTA as good again.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
My guess is GTA 6 in 2025-2026 or so. It will be a longer break because they are releasing V next year on next gen and will want to milk it a bit more. I’d say 2023 is unrealistic. They seem to be struggling with development of this too, and they don’t desperately need it while they still make money on GTA 5.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Nah the Red Dead games are miles better than any GTA’s to be honest.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
GTA: San Andreas is my favourite game of all time. I am very excited for the release. I have even taken holidays from work to play it.

The graphics were never going to be amazing as this is only a remaster not a remake, but I still play the original quite often and don't mind the graphics. So to play the game even as a slight improvement is fine by me.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Being big fan of San Andreas, I can't believe they are going to resell this as some remastered game or whatever. Improvement in graphics is absolutely minimal, what's the point?

I reckon they have invested around two days of hard work into this and are making big deal out of it.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Looking forward to it but expecting it to be partly a buggy mess. Feels rushed/half assed to me from what I've seen so far. I do like the cartoony style graphics though, makes it more nostalgic for me.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeah if you like cowboys and indians, if you don’t then it’s lame.
I’d probably say if you like gaming more. Red dead is a slow game but both are masterpieces with amazing worlds and stories that beats anything on GTA but I guess it isn’t for everyone.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Haven't played it yet but will be downloading III if it's free with PS Now and a friend has Game Pass on Xbox for SA.

Watching leaked/recorded footage and it seems they really haven't changed anything beyond textures and reskins of the UI. The sounds, AI, collisions, animations, etc are all exactly the same and they've added zero in terms of props throughout the maps or additional traffic and pedestrians which are things that have been around for years in the modding scene for the originals. I suspect it'll be a shock to a lot of people who are new to the games and it's disappointing as someone who's put countless hours into them since I was a kid. About the laziest remaster I've ever known and clearly a cynical cash grab. Combine that with losing lots of songs in VC and SA, including some of the more well known ones like Billie Jean and Killing in the Name and it's a big negative point.

Haven't seen any footage of anyone trying yet but I presume Claude and Tommy can't swim as per the originals because it looks completely the same in terms of how they move.

Still gonna probably buy it at some point though...

Can't wait for a few years down the line when it comes free on PC on one of the stores so I can mod it then.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dunno, I feel like some characters look a step up from Wii Sports character models. I've read that there are a lot of bugs too. I'll wait to play GTA3 on PSNow.

Dan

Rockstar went against their prior announcement. If you're on PS you got it at midnight. I did.
I preloaded it a couple of days ago on the Xbox but when I try going into each game a message comes up saying “You are too early” and telling me to wait a bit longer. :(