Gaming GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas coming out in HD

Bosws87

Quick question; is it Rockstar that are to blame for this or Take Two? Seems strange not to blame the big mega corp but think the company that poured all their resources into RDR2 are at fault.

Best case scenario; Rockstar North asked Take Two if they could have all hands on deck for GTA6, to make this super massive open world game, and T2 had two requirements. The first is, obviously, online so they can make shitloads of cash, and the other was a cheap and nasty cash grab preying on nostalgia like everyone else is doing. Rockstar said yes because, at the end of the day, their roots come from a city filled with junkies and people who can't say "pie" properly.
To be fair the game wasn't developed by Rockstar (well the remaster) it was a different developer Grove Street Games i believe.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
To be fair the game wasn't developed by Rockstar (well the remaster) it was a different developer Grove Street Games i believe.
Yeah exactly what I mean. I'm pretty sure that T2 are in charge no matter how big Rockstar's name is.

Balljy

Quick question; is it Rockstar that are to blame for this or Take Two? Seems strange not to blame the big mega corp but think the company that poured all their resources into RDR2 are at fault.

Best case scenario; Rockstar North asked Take Two if they could have all hands on deck for GTA6, to make this super massive open world game, and T2 had two requirements. The first is, obviously, online so they can make shitloads of cash, and the other was a cheap and nasty cash grab preying on nostalgia like everyone else is doing. Rockstar said yes because, at the end of the day, their roots come from a city filled with junkies and people who can't say "pie" properly, so they probably didn't expect it to be this bad.
The remaster was obviously a cash grab but made worse by stopping the originals from being sold with mods widely available.

When you look at the writing / producing credits for Rockstar, it's filled by Dan Howser who left a couple of years ago - I'm guessing there's a reason for him leaving the company he joint founded above being able to eat lots of fried mars bars with the money he's made - I wouldn't be surprised if GTA6 is mainly online with T2 overseeing things.

Abraxas

Was pretty shocked at San Andreas on Game Pass. It wouldn't tempt you to buy the full package, let's put it that way. Some awkward jerkiness with the character movements, minimal effort with the remaster - just not a very polished job. Still worth playing purely for a look at a good game but not impressively done by any means.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It looks like all they did was improve the environment a bit and minimal effort in the characters, the shoulders are ridiculous, faces worse and to fix the game crashing I had to turn it to performance in the settings after crashing around 5 times at that point point

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The remaster was obviously a cash grab but made worse by stopping the originals from being sold with mods widely available.

When you look at the writing / producing credits for Rockstar, it's filled by Dan Howser who left a couple of years ago - I'm guessing there's a reason for him leaving the company he joint founded above being able to eat lots of fried mars bars with the money he's made - I wouldn't be surprised if GTA6 is mainly online with T2 overseeing things.
feck that shit. I’ll play Red Dead in ten years time and it’ll still be a masterpiece.

I don’t particularly like Rockstar. I don’t particularly like any studio but Rockstar created something that I absolutely love. Just walking through the marshes on 4K ultra settings is absolutely spectacular.
I love my games but you’ll not convince me there is a more breathtaking game out there.

predator

Youth NITK
Completely forgot about this! I've quickly bought it and it's now downloading. So I then head to YouTube to see some footage of it and apparently it's a disaster :lol:

Also anyone in the UK, how on earth can I get hold of a PS5? No where is selling them apart from people on ebay for like 700 quid.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Completely forgot about this! I've quickly bought it and it's now downloading. So I then head to YouTube to see some footage of it and apparently it's a disaster :lol:

Also anyone in the UK, how on earth can I get hold of a PS5? No where is selling them apart from people on ebay for like 700 quid.
Twitter throw in Ps5 stock UK in guessing that's how I got mine in Ireland

AaronRedDevil

Interesting. I found RDR2 such a slog that i didn't even think of replaying it for years. Tried it again recently and got to the start of chapter 2 and thought this is shite and deleted it :lol:
Games a masterpiece. Finish it!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'm also struggling with it and I've got nothing else than sport games to play. It's just not a fun game even though it looks stunning.
That’s where I got to, stunning game and so ridiculously detailed, masterpiece is a fair comment.

But Christ I just didn’t seem to enjoy it? Not even sure why, just didn’t get the urge to put it in the console and play.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm also struggling with it and I've got nothing else than sport games to play. It's just not a fun game even though it looks stunning.
That’s where I got to, stunning game and so ridiculously detailed, masterpiece is a fair comment.

But Christ I just didn’t seem to enjoy it? Not even sure why, just didn’t get the urge to put it in the console and play.
I finished it but it got really tedious and boring towards the end as virtually all of the missions leading up to the end were mostly about shooting 20-30 people. It got super frustrating.

Meller

Yep pretty much. Everytime I played it I thought that I really should enjoy this because it should be fun. Love westerns, it looks great, extremely detailed... But it was a slog to even start the game nevermind play it. Don't think I'll ever finish it.

The Firestarter

I finished it but it got really tedious and boring towards the end as virtually all of the missions leading up to the end were mostly about shooting 20-30 people. It got super frustrating.
The hyper realism of actions is what contributes to this effect. Its just slow moving. Also, the fundamental Rockstar open world game template has not changed at all. Look at the map, go to the icon, kill some people. When you play several gtas with this it eventually gets tedious .

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's not a fun game at all. Rockstar aren't known for their great gameplay, to be fair They create fantastic worlds to explore, but the exploration, particularly in RDR 2, is an absolute chore. IMO, of course.

GTA games mitigate this somewhat by the fact that you can just drive around, which you obviously don't get with RDR.

Spoony

The People's President
It's not a fun game at all. Rockstar aren't known for their great gameplay, to be fair They create fantastic worlds to explore, but the exploration, particularly in RDR 2, is an absolute chore. IMO, of course.

GTA games mitigate this somewhat by the fact that you can just drive around, which you obviously don't get with RDR.

Driving around with the radio stations playing music is brilliant. The missions weren't always great but the game ticked a lot of boxes regardless. feck knows why Rockstar are sleepiness thesedays.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Driving around with the radio stations playing music is brilliant. The missions weren't always great but the game ticked a lot of boxes regardless. feck knows why Rockstar are sleepiness thesedays.
Yeah, great fun. That's what I mean, they had the cars and the music to traverse these incredible worlds. I spent most of my teenage years playing these games, over and over again. I never got that out of RDR 2. For as incredible as the world is, traversing it is such a chore. And yeah, their mission structure has been out of date for years; they're really not breaking the mould there. But they do obviously excel in other areas.

And I just think in terms of them sleeping, they have GTA 5 online. Why do anything else? The game is still absolutely massive. That's why they never released any single-player DLC. I mean, why would you. They're raking in money here and millions of people are still buying and playing it.

Bosws87

RDR2 is one of the most overrated games of all time, absolutely stunning but boring as hell to play.

The shooting mechanic requires zero skill just instant lock on to everyone, Travel was incredibly painful.

Glad to see the GTA Definitive edition is getting slated in reviews and getting the scores it deserves, need to make an example of companies releasing this trash.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah, great fun. That's what I mean, they had the cars and the music to traverse these incredible worlds. I spent most of my teenage years playing these games, over and over again. I never got that out of RDR 2. For as incredible as the world is, traversing it is such a chore. And yeah, their mission structure has been out of date for years; they're really not breaking the mould there. But they do obviously excel in other areas.

And I just think in terms of them sleeping, they have GTA 5 online. Why do anything else? The game is still absolutely massive. That's why they never released any single-player DLC. I mean, why would you. They're raking in money here and millions of people are still buying and playing it.

I've not got an Xbox X or PS5 but I'd definitely buy one for a new GTA. AAA games are drop dead gorgeous, I'm sure most GTA fans would love to explore GTA cities with the latest graphics. But yeah no matter how great RDR2 is, it just won't ever feel like GTA. I can't be the only one who likes car jacking and beating up old ladies with a baseball bat?!

The Firestarter

I've not got an Xbox X or PS5 but I'd definitely buy one for a new GTA. AAA games are drop dead gorgeous, I'm sure most GTA fans would love to explore GTA cities with the latest graphics. But yeah no matter how great RDR2 is, it just won't ever feel like GTA. I can't be the only one who likes car jacking and beating up old ladies with a baseball bat?!
Everyone likes car jacking but beating up grannies is not in my alley. Entitled hipsters though, different story.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Rockstar could put out an official statement saying; "Lol we're not fixing this. Feck off." and GTA6 would still get 8 million pre-orders on its announcement.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Feel like it’s a massive in joke about Cyberpunk and all it’s faults and failures.