Gaming GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas coming out in HD

rizx

Interesting. I found RDR2 such a slog that i didn't even think of replaying it for years. Tried it again recently and got to the start of chapter 2 and thought this is shite and deleted it :lol:
I know this might be frustrating but that's exactly how it's supposed to be. The beginning of the game sure is slow and boring, but it is supposed to be like that - an idyllic life of some cowboys in the camp. Don't want to spoil any part of the story (because it's a masterpiece - tops any other game released) but trust me, the pace of the game changes drastically in various chapters and sort of adjusts itself to the story

OleBoiii

Pffff, I was actually looking forward to this. I would gladly have payed that price for a good remaster, but it looks fecking terrible.

hobbers

Is this true? If Vice City lost that it really will kill some of the nostalga feel. Thats really bad.
Yes. There's no Japanese Boy, Video Killed the Radio Star or Billie Jean. Pretty much the most iconic trio in my book.

Though Rockstar did such a half arsed job they didn't even properly remove the songs from the game, so they might still come through the radio at odd moments. But you won't be able to skip to them.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Despite my objections, the Missus got this for her PS5 and is playing 3. My god the performance is utterly ridiculous, I can't believe how bad it runs, it hovers <30fps and still has massive drops when you move the camera :lol:

But hey, you can't expect them to have actually got it performing on these new machines (despite actually emulating and enhancing the originals with post processing would be far better) because it's 3 games for that price you know!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Pffff, I was actually looking forward to this. I would gladly have payed that price for a good remaster, but it looks fecking terrible.
Same. I was only really interested in Vice City and would have paid to play a good remaster of that but looking at some of the play tests …

I hope very few people fall for this crap and Rockstar learn a lesson, although I doubt either will happen.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Is this true? If Vice City lost that it really will kill some of the nostalga feel. Thats really bad.
I read somewhere that there were licensing issues which meant some of the music would be missing. Whether that’s 3, VC, SA or all 3 I don’t know. For VC it would be a big blow, the music in that game elevated it loads.

AaronRedDevil

Yes. There's no Japanese Boy, Video Killed the Radio Star or Billie Jean. Pretty much the most iconic trio in my book.

Though Rockstar did such a half arsed job they didn't even properly remove the songs from the game, so they might still come through the radio at odd moments. But you won't be able to skip to them.
No video killed the radio star!? Nah f that. That's the one damn song thats iconic that I remember. Ffs Rockstar.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Do most games that you play have resize/colour options? I've only seen it in a few - I think God of Bore does and some of the newer Ubisoft games.
I completely gave up on the last Fire Emblem on the Switch because trying to read the text was giving me headaches.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Do most games that you play have resize/colour options? I've only seen it in a few - I think God of Bore does and some of the newer Ubisoft games.

Edit - Ironically I'm captioning some videos for work right now.
Yeah I think most the games I've played recently have allowed me to resize stuff, even a lot of the HUD have had a lot of options too for sizes and locations.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ah but you're mostly on PC, right?
PS5 most recently, can't remember which games had settings though, TLOU 2, Miles Morales, AC Valhalla I think all did, Horizon Zero Dawn too.

Tried ghost recon breakpoint recently and think that had a load of options.

I always thought my eyes were just getting shit, so was over the moon when I found options. Realised it's just Devs being dickheads.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
PS5 most recently, can't remember which games had settings though, TLOU 2, Miles Morales, AC Valhalla I think all did, Horizon Zero Dawn too.

Tried ghost recon breakpoint recently and think that had a load of options.

I always thought my eyes were just getting shit, so was over the moon when I found options. Realised it's just Devs being dickheads.
Ah alright. Sony does a pretty good at it yeah. I remember seeing something about Spider-man having more accessibility options.

I think maybe I just play too many Japanese games and they really do suck at it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons