Guido Rodriguez | linked with an actual DM shock! Did ETH lie? Is murtough caving in to fan sentiment? Tune in for next installment | Percentile watch

reddevilz007

'Monitoring the situation'. That's more like the Man Utd we know. We'll be monitoring the situation until he goes to another club. :rolleyes:
Should rename this club Monitorer United

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
'Asked to be kept updated on the situation.'
'Contemplating an offer'.
'Preparing a bid.'
'Expected to agree terms.'

These are the things I'm used to hearing when it comes to United and transfers. :lol:

:drool:
To be honest, this usually comes from the bluffers who are desperately trying to be the first to break something or stay relevant.

GreatDane

'Preparing a bid.'

These are the things I'm used to hearing when it comes to United and transfers. :lol:

We're like the shy guy at the party who's afraid of asking the girls for a dance.

Hughie77

Haven't read anything concrete yet about this guy if my memory is OK wasnt he linked to the dippers few seasons ago. Maybe he's worth a look

OpenIntrovert

To be honest, this usually comes from the bluffers who are desperately trying to be the first to break something or stay relevant.
Yup. Like ETH and Ole have said previously, we are linked with an amazing amount of players every transfer window. The press need to write articles otherwise they will be out of business, so its not surprising they went into overdrive after the opening day defeat.

Acole9

Outstanding
'Preparing a bid.'

You forgot we're relaxed about the situation ;).

izec

The usual suspects did not pick it up so far. Lets see how the Rabiot negotiations are progressing.

Superunknown

'Preparing a bid.'

:lol:

We're contemplating an offer is a great one. We'll be doing exactly that as another big team comes in and gets him for a medical. They're organising their deals by WhatsApp and we're using carrier pigeon.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Just because you or I dont know doesn't mean scattergun approach. In fact us not knowing gives me more hope that he has been scouted by us.
Yeah but you’re forgetting one crucial element, our scouts have been non existent or shite for many years now

mav_9me

Yeah but you’re forgetting one crucial element, our scouts have been non existent or shite for many years now
Oh yeah but I was just replying to a post saying this link was a sign of our scattergun approach.

SATA

I think I would genuinely prefer United to sign this guy than Rabiot and i have not even seen him play a single minute at all. Something about the latter just absolutely turns me off

mikeyt

This was always going to be BS given he's a DM and we don't do DM's!

daba

Do you really think palinha would avoid the transfer window meltdown
Not entirely. But if we had signed him a month ago I would feel a lot more comfortable about our midfield situation.

We also probably wouldn’t have been bullied by Brighton quite so bad with him in the midfield over McT, which ultimately has lead to this current meltdown since the weekend.

Theo88

It’s really funny how a club of this calibre is starting the season yet it seems like we are still after 1 CDM 1CM 1RW and 1CF.

i guess we’re looking to improve this year so having the team ready to go from day 1 isn’t a key priority. Makes some sense but still so late.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shame this looks like total bollocks.
We should have known that Man Utd would never sign a defensive midfielder. Why would we need an equivalent to Rodri or Fabinho? We have no intention of challenging for the title anyway.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
It’s official guys.

We are the designated stalkers of the football world. Monitoring every contract situation out there without any actions.
Clubs should actually get some sort of restraining order.

We can’t help but monitor.

flappyjay

I would have preferred him and sms. An actual dm and some 8's give us versatility in midfield. We could play a double pivot or a 4 3 3 with an actual dm as the single pivot.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think people need to accept EtH doesn’t want a DM as such for his system. Least not one limited on the ball

AaronRedDevil

I think people need to accept EtH doesn’t want a DM as such for his system. Least not one limited on the ball
His system won't work in the PL. He needs to realise that. You need a dm in this league. Even Madrid and barca has a dm. Otherwise we'll still get exposed as always

TheReligion

Abusive
His system won't work in the PL. He needs to realise that. You need a dm in this league. Even Madrid and barca has a dm. Otherwise we'll still get exposed as always
Disagree. You don’t need a pure DM anyway. Or the tough tackling type people seem to yearn for. You need a player who is positionally aware, disciplined, press resistant and can move the ball.

Buying a one dimensional destroyer type would be another stop gap and not for the profile.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This summer has been so constant for people just bumping bullshit links out of hope. feck off.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
This is 100% a made up link. United do not have any interest in this player.

By all means carry on thinking they do.