Gun control

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
My school years were awesome and he's doing great.
How do I take that away from him?

Yet every time he walks out the door I'm terrified.

Love you man love you too dad. When is it the time that I get that call.

Seriously when? Because it could be any day when some cnut finds a gun and shoots up his school

Zlatattack

It's horrible that parents have to feel like that in the USA. Surely there are enough sane people to have gun control?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's horrible that parents have to feel like that in the USA. Surely there are enough sane people to have gun control?
Not enough with the money or balls to go against the most powerful lobby group in America - essentially you are asking them to change the consitution and sadly nobody there is willing to consider that.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not enough with the money or balls to go against the most powerful lobby group in America - essentially you are asking them to change the consitution and sadly nobody there is willing to consider that.
I still can't get my head around how much influence an organization has on the running of a country and determining its policies. It's crazy.

Everybody knows the 2nd Amendment is no longer fit for purpose and is purely used as an excuse to maintain the status quo. The Alabama High School shooting didn't even cause a ripple and the Texas shooting is old news now.

Nothing will ever change over there.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I still can't get my head around how much influence an organization has on the running of a country and determining its policies. It's crazy.
We're rightly cynical when we read in books like The Godfather how a mafia boss 'has senators and judges in his pocket'; now where do we thnk those bosses got that idea from?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We're rightly cynical when we read in books like The Godfather how a mafia boss 'has senators and judges in his pocket'; now where do we thnk those bosses got that idea from?
It's from the scarf and snood industry. Those bastards are brutal.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The snood crew went to the mattresses and got smothered by the duvet gang.

Billy Blaggs

They pray to the alter of violence. The voice of reason is muted.

I'll kill a mother fecker!
That's normal

So after your sister getting almost shot you think the right thing to do is have a shootout.
No don't call the cops because this is murica

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This is how fecked up the NRA is and how brain-washed the dumb Americans are...

Fairfax, Va.— The National Rifle Association released the following statement today regarding Walmart's decision to change its firearms and ammunition policies:

"The strongest defense of freedom has always been our free-market economy. It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America’s fundamental freedoms. The truth is Walmart’s actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans. Our leaders must be willing to approach the problems of crime, violence and mental health with sincerity and honesty."
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20190830/nascar-takes-a-hard-left

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...ropriations-committees-and-heads-to-the-floor

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...these-measures-all-take-effect-on-september-1

They even have a Concealed Carry Fashion Show, ffs. :lol:

Nucks

RT History Department

Everybody knows the 2nd Amendment is no longer fit for purpose and is purely used as an excuse to maintain the status quo. The Alabama High School shooting didn't even cause a ripple and the Texas shooting is old news now.

Nothing will ever change over there.
The thing is, the interpretation of the 2nd amendment has slowly been changed, starting in the 1970's I believe, and culminating in 2008 or 2009. The original framing of the 2nd amendment, made the right to bear arms, part and parcel with participation in a well regulated militia. This is because, virtually every able bodied man, at that time, was legally obligated to be part of the militia. AKA, the entire citizenry was formally part of the militia, and since the militia was the first line of defense against foreign or domestic threat, they had to be armed, hence, the right to bear arms cannot be infringed for the safety of the nation. This was required, because Washington was distrustful of a standing army (the founding fathers in general were), however, they also understood the importance of a real army when it came to fighting a real war. The militia were nothing more than cannon fodder to be thrown at an enemy until such a time that a real army could be raised, trained and armed.

However, over the last 4 or 5 decades, this original interpretation of the 2nd amendment was changed and challenged by the supreme court, culminating in 2008 I believe, where the whole requisite bit about "well regulated" militias has become its own separate thing. All thanks to big money NRA lobbying. I'm just not sure how you can rationalize this change of interpretation, since it's one single fecking clause. There is no period. It's one single sentence ascribing the right to bear arms, with participation in a well regulated militia (some degree of formal training, and the responsibility that goes along with it).

Nucks

RT History Department
Has anyone considered what will happen when there is an active shooter, and two or more "good guys with guns" start shooting at each other after mistaking each other for the shooter?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The thing is, the interpretation of the 2nd amendment has slowly been changed, starting in the 1970's I believe, and culminating in 2008 or 2009. The original framing of the 2nd amendment, made the right to bear arms, part and parcel with participation in a well regulated militia. This is because, virtually every able bodied man, at that time, was legally obligated to be part of the militia. AKA, the entire citizenry was formally part of the militia, and since the militia was the first line of defense against foreign or domestic threat, they had to be armed, hence, the right to bear arms cannot be infringed for the safety of the nation. This was required, because Washington was distrustful of a standing army (the founding fathers in general were), however, they also understood the importance of a real army when it came to fighting a real war. The militia were nothing more than cannon fodder to be thrown at an enemy until such a time that a real army could be raised, trained and armed.

However, over the last 4 or 5 decades, this original interpretation of the 2nd amendment was changed and challenged by the supreme court, culminating in 2008 I believe, where the whole requisite bit about "well regulated" militias has become its own separate thing. All thanks to big money NRA lobbying. I'm just not sure how you can rationalize this change of interpretation, since it's one single fecking clause. There is no period. It's one single sentence ascribing the right to bear arms, with participation in a well regulated militia (some degree of formal training, and the responsibility that goes along with it).
Do they seriously still believe that they could be invaded or go through some full scale civil war?? We don't live in those times anymore. The 2nd Amendment just needs to be scrapped...period! As I've said before so long as they keep that shit over there, let them carry on shooting themselves to pieces.

Billy Blaggs

I don't understand it. They can just send a drone and yet some idiot thinks he can fight them.

Have you seen that movie with the guy sat in a chair with a remote?

Just picks off a guy with the touch of a button

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Has anyone considered what will happen when there is an active shooter, and two or more "good guys with guns" start shooting at each other after mistaking each other for the shooter?
Why even bother thinking that far ahead?

Billy Blaggs

Do they seriously still believe that they could be invaded or go through some full scale civil war?? We don't live in those times anymore. The 2nd Amendment just needs to be scrapped...period! As I've said before so long as they keep that shit over there, let them carry on shooting themselves to pieces.
They don't think that way. They think that owning a machine gun makes you safe

Owning a hand gun is safe

I've seen a shootout. Noone hit anyone but it did go through the house.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They don't think that way. They think that owning a machine gun makes you safe

Owning a hand gun is safe

I've seen a shootout. Noone hit anyone but it did go through the house.
How does owning a gun make you safe? Just curious? If somebody rocks up at your place of work with an AK-47, how does having a gun make you safe? By the time he's probably been taken down, he's most likely taken out 20-30 people. Just sayin'...