Gun control

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Speaking of banning stuff. Chav cnuts should be banned from owning an attack dog. Just get an actual penis enlargement if you need it so badly and feck of with you WMD on legs.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I don't think that we Brits should flatter ourselves - Britain would have a real problem with gun violence if the weapons were widely available, IMO.
But that's the point, isn't it?

You don't have access to guns so that stuff doesn't happen. It would be similar everywhere.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Atlantic’s Elaina Plott is reporting that Donald Trump called the National Rifle Association CEO, Wayne LaPierre, this afternoon to tell him that any push for legislation to expand requirements for background checks on gun sales was off the table.
Donald Trump has walked further away from legislation to expand background checks in the wake of a series of mass shootings, telling reporters he was elected by strong supporters of the second amendment; without Trump’s backing, there’s virtually no gun reforms that would pass a divided Congress.
(Guardian)

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Another good documentary from Stacey Dooley about guns. This one is about arms dealers in the US. It's on iPlayer.
More brainwashed Americans of course. These ones are selling to Saudi and the like though.

Carolina Red

Staff
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tony-perkins-mass-shootings_n_5d6cb130e4b011080451591d

Evangelical Leader Claims Teaching Kids Basic Science Causes Mass Shootings
Tony Perkins said children need to be taught about God so they don’t turn into murderers.

Heartwarming.
What could go wrong?
"See, the day of the Lord is coming — a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger. . . . I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty. . . . Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated." (Isaiah 13:9–16 NIV)

SteveJ

Scout
"See, the day of the Lord is coming — a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger. . . . I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty. . . . Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated."
Project Fear.

Cloud7

The religious nature of America is really ridiculous these days. How on earth can one of the most advanced nations in the world be claiming God as their solution to everything?

Carolina Red

Staff
The religious nature of America is really ridiculous these days. How on earth can one of the most advanced nations in the world be claiming God as their solution to everything?
Partly because there’s a lot of places in this country that aren’t that advanced.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Well nobody who believes in God has ever been an evil person or killed anyone so...

Carolina Red

Staff
The rise of religious fundamentalism around the world among all religions is going to be at the cost of many lives.
Yes. And the crazy part is that the fundamentalists on all sides don’t realize how similar they are to one another.

(Lookin at you “I’d love biblical law but would hate Sharia” types)

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Yes. And the crazy part is that the fundamentalists on all sides don’t realize how similar they are to one another.

(Lookin at you “I’d love biblical law but would hate Sharia” types)
Reading the Kashmir thread here also sheds light on what is happening in the sub continent. Its pretty difficult to watch some of the videos that are on youtube. I had a cousin of mine whom I had lost in touch with suddenly contact me saying how he agrees with Trump about wanting to send Muslims back.

What I understand as the core teachings of Christianity is one of love for your fellow human beings.

I would think this is true of the other major religions too.

Perhaps we should thank God that the best of the candidates in the US is an atheist. ;)

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I follow Sarah Palin on Facebook because some of the stuff she posts (and the comments) is absolutely hilarious.

The other day, she posted a link to an article about the shooting in Texas and I ventured into the comments section. The lengths some of these people will go to to defend their right to bear arms and make gun violence about everything but actual guns.

I mean: "Sad but i think these are staged by the left for gun control and soros is a major player" was one of the more popular one's.

SteveJ

Scout
When weapons are stocked alongside can openers and suchlike, is it any wonder if people view guns as 'problem solvers'?