Gun control

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Texas, along with 40 other states, was a shall issue state. For the most part, this doesn't change much it just removes some bureaucracy. It may make it harder for Texans to legally carry outside of their own state, unless others follow suit. It's at that point we would ask what could possibly go wrong (everything).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Texas, along with 40 other states, was a shall issue state. For the most part, this doesn't change much it just removes some bureaucracy. It may make it harder for Texans to legally carry outside of their own state, unless others follow suit. It's at that point we would ask what could possibly go wrong (everything).
It's amazing. You need a license to drive, have a dog, get married, vote (especially in red states), cash a check, etc. But to own a gun? Nope. If the Dems ever get a majority they should just ban ammo. Nothing in the sacred 2A about ammo, just the arms.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
It's amazing. You need a license to drive, have a dog, get married, vote (especially in red states), cash a check, etc. But to own a gun? Nope. If the Dems ever get a majority they should just ban ammo. Nothing in the sacred 2A about ammo, just the arms.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
That’s what I think they get this wrong, anyone carrying a concealed gun should have training and testing to see if they can actually use a handgun and for me a most they should be able to hit a target at specific distance.

DavidDeSchmikes

The man who killed nine people in California this week had 12 firearms, more than 20 cans of petrol, and approximately 22,000 rounds of ammunition at his house, police say.
Samuel Cassidy, an employee at the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) site in San Jose, opened fire at the site on Wednesday.
:eek:

Cloud7

Could be in so many threads.
Exactly what is he trying to allude to here? Vaccines = shootings? That people who are more likely to get vaccinated are also more likely to be shooters?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaw!

Because of course she needed to be armed whilst riding a bike with her child. Of course she needed to shoot an innocent puppy. Of course she ended up shooting her own child.

Murica!

And yet still people advocate for gun rights and carry laws. :rolleyes:

FireballXL5

Why shoot at the puppy at all? What the actual feck was she thinking? Place is fecked.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaw!

Because of course she needed to be armed whilst riding a bike with her child. Of course she needed to shoot an innocent puppy. Of course she ended up shooting her own child.

Murica!

That's mental. The dog wasn't being aggressive and even seemed to be on the owner's property.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That's mental. The dog wasn't being aggressive and even seemed to be on the owner's property.
And the dog owner got a ticket. So stupid. Since it's Texas it is likely he ends up in more trouble than the mom.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
And the dog owner got a ticket. So stupid. Since it's Texas it is likely he ends up in more trouble than the mom.
The only way he can reduce the trouble he's in is by shooting the motorcycle with a shot gun.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaw!

Murica!

Wouldn’t have happened if the dog was armed.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What the feck did I just read?
The more I read through that article the more I was certain that these two kids were white. I'm not trying to turn this into a racist issue but my mind was just going there.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
God knows that's what this country needs. Good dogs with guns.
All dogs are good dogs.

Also, I would trust the judgement of most dogs over that of most humans.

Finally, as a plus the rabbit and squirrel population would plummet, at least until the squirrels realized that only a squirrel with a gun can........

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Wouldn’t have happened if the dog was armed.
Actually, in this case it should have been the 5 year old that was armed since he was the one shot. I am pretty sure that 50% of GOP Texans would have no issues with an armed 5 yo.

Dr. Dwayne

It's good that she's been charged. Hopefully they throw the book at her. It takes a real idiot to think they can control bike with one hand and a gun with the other.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It's good that she's been charged. Hopefully they throw the book at her. It takes a real idiot to think they can control bike with one hand and a gun with the other.
Probably no hands.
There are no laws against open containers in Texas, so she probably had a 40 in each hand

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...shot-with-a-real-gun/ar-AAKCsGF?ocid=msedgntp

Florida man took his son on paintball ‘drive by,’ police said. The boy, 10, ended up shot with a real gun.
After being struck with the bullet, police said, the 10-year-old fell out of the van and was run over as the vehicle continued to move. Williams then scooped the boy back into the van and drove home, where the boy’s mother called 911, according to a police report.

Dr. Dwayne

Probably no hands.
There are no laws against open containers in Texas, so she probably had a 40 in each hand
:lol:

In my younger days I could ride for miles with no hands. Shooting a pistol in any direction other than directly forward would knock you over immediately and even straight forward could cause a loss of control due to the recoil causing a weight imbalance. You could maybe do it with a .22 but I'll let someone else try it. Here's what I think contributed to her horrible accuracy:

1. If she trains, she trains using a two handed weaver type stance and doesn't do a lot of one handed bullseye style shooting, so she has little idea how recoil is going to affect her balance and control.
2. Shooting right handed and controlling the bike with your left hand is a recipe for disaster. Follow up shots are going to be hard to place on a staionary target, let alone a sentient, moving one. Women are crap at cycling too, (sorry ladies, it's mostly the truth, at least when it comes to balance). Even if we reverse the control set up and she shoots left, steering with the right it's still going to be messy.
3. As soon as she fires, it's chaos. The dog will panic, her kid will panic and her lack of control due to her bike now going in some kind of wavy trajectory only makes the subsequent shots more reckless. She probably banged at least one out unintentionally due to the bike being out of control.

All in all a fecking giant mess and she's lucky it wasn't worse. Hopefully the dog owner sues her as well.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol:

In my younger days I could ride for miles with no hands. Shooting a pistol in any direction other than directly forward would knock you over immediately and even straight forward could cause a loss of control due to the recoil causing a weight imbalance. You could maybe do it with a .22 but I'll let someone else try it. Here's what I think contributed to her horrible accuracy:

1. If she trains, she trains using a two handed weaver type stance and doesn't do a lot of one handed bullseye style shooting, so she has little idea how recoil is going to affect her balance and control.
2. Shooting right handed and controlling the bike with your left hand is a recipe for disaster. Follow up shots are going to be hard to place on a staionary target, let alone a sentient, moving one. Women are crap at cycling too, (sorry ladies, it's mostly the truth, at least when it comes to balance). Even if we reverse the control set up and she shoots left, steering with the right it's still going to be messy.
3. As soon as she fires, it's chaos. The dog will panic, her kid will panic and her lack of control due to her bike now going in some kind of wavy trajectory only makes the subsequent shots more reckless. She probably banged at least one out unintentionally due to the bike being out of control.

All in all a fecking giant mess and she's lucky it wasn't worse. Hopefully the dog owner sues her as well.
1. I think we can safely assume that responsible gun ownership, including training, is not in her wheelhouse.
2. Article said it was a small caliber gun, but she still probably lost control which his how it ended up being aimed at the kid.
3. It's America, so they will likely sue him. I am dead serious.