Gun control

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
1. I think we can safely assume that responsible gun ownership, including training, is not in her wheelhouse.
:lol: for sure!

2. Article said it was a small caliber gun, but she still probably lost control which his how it ended up being aimed at the kid.
Seeing as it's Texas small calibre probably means a 9mm or .380

3. It's America, so they will likely sue him. I am dead serious.
I wouldn't be surprised. Your dog made me shoot my kid, pay up. :houllier:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It is every American's God-Given Right to own and operate a 12 pound cannon.

I would take letting people have that over a handgun.
- Good luck concealed carrying that shit
- I could crawl away while you loaded it
- half of the dumbshit GOPers would blow themselves up with the black powder charges.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaw!

Because of course she needed to be armed whilst riding a bike with her child. Of course she needed to shoot an innocent puppy. Of course she ended up shooting her own child.

Murica!

And yet still people advocate for gun rights and carry laws. :rolleyes:
Good. Hope the kid is removed from her care.

Honestly I wouldn’t care that much if the kid had perished due to his bullet wound. These people need to suffer, perhaps killing your child is a start of that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What the feck did I just read?
Yep. It’s the underfunded, over taxed state institutions that were to blame for this, not the proliferation of high power weapons.

Sheriff sounds like a typical, mentally deficient Republican version of such which are also unfortunately proliferated through Florida.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Honestly I wouldn’t care that much if the kid had perished due to his bullet wound. These people need to suffer, perhaps killing your child is a start of that.

That's a horrible thing to say really. The kids don't deserve that. And we have seen it before that kids die in these situations and the parents still won't change their stance. Some of the Sandy Hook parents are a prime example of that.

The Firestarter

"I am going to roll this down like GTA"

Amazingly, not unlike the actual game, the girl is still alive despite getting shot multiple times.

Dr. Dwayne

"
Nah, we've seen countless times that if your irresponsibility with firearms leads to your kid dying the police don't lay charges, usually saying "well, they've suffered enough". At least in this case she might face some real consequences. The best thing to hope for is that the kid hates her for a good long while.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
"
Nah, we've seen countless times that if your irresponsibility with firearms leads to your kid dying the police don't lay charges, usually saying "well, they've suffered enough". At least in this case she might face some real consequences. The best thing to hope for is that the kid hates her for a good long while.
Hopefully no longer lasting injuries. I think the wound was in the abdomen and there's lot's of important bits in there, an not a lot of empty space, especially in a 5 yo.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That's a horrible thing to say really. The kids don't deserve that. And we have seen it before that kids die in these situations and the parents still won't change their stance. Some of the Sandy Hook parents are a prime example of that.
Sandy Hook parents didn’t actively contribute to the demise of their children apart from taking them to school that morning. Sandy Hook parents didn’t make an idiotic, spur of the moment decision that to the detriment of their children.

The only comparative element between that group & this idiot is that they are all parents.

nimic

something nice
Scout
In the opening to his ruling, Judge Benitez wrote: "Like the Swiss Army knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle."

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
In the opening to his ruling, Judge Benitez wrote: "Like the Swiss Army knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle."
I mean who hasn't used their AR-15 to open a bottle of wine and slice some cheese and sausage while picnicking?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...was-unhappy-cost-n1269871?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

A 21-year-old woman is accused of shooting a Texas nail salon owner because she wasn't happy with the price of her manicure-pedicure, officials said.
Vara and her 20-year-old sister each got a manicure and pedicure at Katy Nails in Houston on May 29, but started arguing with the owner because they were "unhappy with the price of the services," said a statement from the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Vara left her sister arguing in the store, but then returned, at which point the male owner tried to push her out of the store, the statement said. At that point, Vara shot the owner with a handgun, and she and her sister fled the salon.
The owner, a 42-year-old Asian man, was airlifted to Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center in critical but stable condition, according to the statement from the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Vara had left her phone in the salon when she fled, the statement said.

Vara's sister was arrested for evading, but not charged in connection with the nail salon shooting, according to the sheriff's office. Jail records showed Monday that she was no longer in custody.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
FOUR mass shootings in 6 hours leaving FIVE dead and THIRTY-NINE injured.

Police in Austin, Cleveland, Chicago and Savannah investigating a spate of mass shootings that erupted over a six-hour streak that began around 9 p.m. on Friday and spilled over into Saturday morning.

Feck the USA and feck their guns.

ShinjiNinja26

Something has to give at some point when it comes to gun control. I mean surely these mass shooting can’t continue on a regular basis like this and nothing changes.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Greatest country on earth? That place is a shithole...to coin one of Trump's very own phrases. Oh the irony.

Tyrion

Something has to give at some point when it comes to gun control. I mean surely these mass shooting can’t continue on a regular basis like this and nothing changes.
Honestly? It absolutely can. As far as I know, murders have gone up the last couple of years and most of the deadliest mass shootings are relatively recent. The American Right is too busy trying to overturn elections to bother with caring about guns.

The problem is that a large potion of Americans views this as an acceptable price for their gun rights.

DavidDeSchmikes

FOUR mass shootings in 6 hours leaving FIVE dead and THIRTY-NINE injured.

Police in Austin, Cleveland, Chicago and Savannah investigating a spate of mass shootings that erupted over a six-hour streak that began around 9 p.m. on Friday and spilled over into Saturday morning.

Feck the USA and feck their guns.
any arrests?

Worrying there has been no updates from that Miami Dade shooting a week or so ago

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...r-after-alleged-road-rage-incident/ar-AAKZO26

A 9-year-old boy is in critical condition after accidentally being shot in the chest by his father at the end of an alleged road rage incident they were engaged in.
The incident occurred at approximately 11 p.m. on Friday, June 11, in Houston’s Fifth Ward in the eastern part of the city when the father, who was driving the vehicle with the 9-year-old boy inside at the time, reportedly believed he was being followed by another car and pulled out a gun, according to ABC News’ Houston station KTRK.

The two were able to make it home without incident but the gun accidentally discharged while the man tried to holster the weapon and his son was shot in the chest.
Houston police say the father is not expected to face any criminal charges since they believe it was purely an accident, according to KTRK.

Dr. Dwayne

No no no Dwazza. The only way this could have been prevented would be if the 9 yo was also armed.
I'm still trying to figure out how he shot his kid in the chest while trying to re-holster his pistol to be honest.

At this point, I'm not buying the explanation.