Gun control

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
One out of every 20 people in the US could own an AR-15 & close to 70% of its sales has occurred since 2012.

So fecked up.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
One out of every 20 people in the US could own an AR-15 & close to 70% of its sales has occurred since 2012.

So fecked up.
I am past this line of thinking. It makes it seem as though we have no agency in this. I may not be able to get rid of guns, but I can remove them from my immediate life and have done so over the last few years. Friends who have handguns and non-hunting rifles/shotguns? No longer people I willingly associate with. Family who own handguns and non-hunting rifles/shotguns? Holiday only family members now. feck it. They probably think I am an asshole, but I don't care. Their willingness to support an industry that thrives on the death of children says way more about them.

Sara125

Everyone needs to read this gifted article...

IIRC this is what the Uvalde shooter used and the children had to be identified by parents recognising what they were wearing etc. as their bodies were completely unrecognisable

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
When she writes "allow children to open carry AR-15s", does it mean kids in Missouri (I think Mo is Missouri, so many M states it's confusing) already have the right to have normal guns and open carry them?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
IIRC this is what the Uvalde shooter used and the children had to be identified by parents recognising what they were wearing etc. as their bodies were completely unrecognisable

The vast majority of mass shootings, especially School shootings, involve an AR-15. It's the weapon of choice for mass murderers. But it's ok, it's not the guns fault.

Forts and prayahs!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
When she writes "allow children to open carry AR-15s", does it mean kids in Missouri (I think Mo is Missouri, so many M states it's confusing) already have the right to have normal guns and open carry them?
Yep, Missouri.

Not sure on your question, it very well could be the first time adolescents of any age are able to open carry any type of gun.

I know I would be unsettled as shit if I was in a Tropical Smoothie & a middle schooler walked in with a long gun strapped to their back.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wow, accidentally clicked on the thread mark bar - what an absolute nutter that cat was. Wonder how he took Alex Jones getting nailed for over a bill in damages?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Cat' a national treasure. In his final pregame media appearance, he devotes 9 minutes to the hypocrisy of gun control & the Republicans who are aiding & abetting the carnage...

Dr. StrangeHate

How can you feel safe in the US of A, when every loser can throw a tantrum and kill dozens?
Most of the people I know in states live in cities in Virginia, New York, California and Texas. They say they don't even consider it an issue for the most part and feel perfectly safe.
Is it mostly an issue in republican States or non well to do areas? I know Texas is a republican state but they live near Texas instrument headquarters which I heard is mostly progressive.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hmm, I'm skeptical as holstering and unholstering a loaded, hot pistol is a common way for people to shoot themselves in the leg. It's always user error.

That said, the quickest and easiest fix is to stop allowing inadequately trained people to carry pistols and ensure those that need to (i.e. law enforcement) receive loads of training on holstering and unholstering a loaded pistol (such as training with blanks).

Dr. Dwayne

Yeah, despite there not being a traditional safety switch due to the type of pistol it is, there's a lot in place in the 320 to avoid the kind of discharge being talked about. The trigger has to be manipulated. The problem is that when you're using a holster, or stuffing a loaded gun into your pocket like Mr. Abrams, it's easy to snag that trigger on something enough to make it go bang and people dont like to believe it's on them.

https://sigmedialibrary.widen.net/s...uer_5_steps_required_to_fire_a_p320.mp4-1080p

The one guy who shot three rounds and reholstered the pistol could be a hangfire situation. It's easy to unintentionally double tap when firing, usually when you're too relaxed.

That lady cop, though. You're carrying a huge duffle bag that's clearly rubbing up against your holster and you want me to believe that the gun just went off. Ok. Like I said, unintentional discharge in a holster situation is likely user error.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah, despite there not being a traditional safety switch due to the type of pistol it is, there's a lot in place in the 320 to avoid the kind of discharge being talked about. The trigger has to be manipulated. The problem is that when you're using a holster, or stuffing a loaded gun into your pocket like Mr. Abrams, it's easy to snag that trigger on something enough to make it go bang and people dont like to believe it's on them.

https://sigmedialibrary.widen.net/s...uer_5_steps_required_to_fire_a_p320.mp4-1080p

The one guy who shot three rounds and reholstered the pistol could be a hangfire situation. It's easy to unintentionally double tap when firing, usually when you're too relaxed.

That lady cop, though. You're carrying a huge duffle bag that's clearly rubbing up against your holster and you want me to believe that the gun just went off. Ok. Like I said, unintentional discharge in a holster situation is likely user error.
Knew I could count on you to get to the bottom of it!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There’s gotta be some sorta base level means testing done before one becomes a parent…

Dr. Dwayne

There’s gotta be some sorta base level means testing done before one becomes a parent…

Time and again down there. A gun is no good to you lying around unattended. If you're worried about defending your home and family the only acceptable approach is a shoulder holster that you wear every waking moment.

Maybe he will argue it was a Sig P320.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Time and again down there. A gun is no good to you lying around unattended. If you're worried about defending your home and family the only acceptable approach is a shoulder holster that you wear every waking moment.

Maybe he will argue it was a Sig P320.
:lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://kansascitydefender.com/just...ustice-white-man-shoots-black-boy-ralph-yarl/

“This Is A Hate Crime”: Kansas City Black Family Demanding Justice After A White Man Shoots Black Boy, Ralph Yarl, In The Head Twice For Ringing Doorbell Of The Wrong Home, White Man Released By Police Hours Later

Community members are demanding justice after a white man in Kansas City shot a black boy, Ralph Yarl, twice for ringing the doorbell of the wrong home.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
https://kansascitydefender.com/just...ustice-white-man-shoots-black-boy-ralph-yarl/

“This Is A Hate Crime”: Kansas City Black Family Demanding Justice After A White Man Shoots Black Boy, Ralph Yarl, In The Head Twice For Ringing Doorbell Of The Wrong Home, White Man Released By Police Hours Later

Community members are demanding justice after a white man in Kansas City shot a black boy, Ralph Yarl, twice for ringing the doorbell of the wrong home.
Don't know if this adds anything.