Gun control

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Personally, I think that is brainwashing and child abuse. Tots are slayers or something like that.
It is. How the feck they've managed to convince half the country that drag queens are worse for kids than giving them actual fecking guns is incomprehensible.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I came to post this, I really hate this new "wrong place, get shot" trend.
Thing is, it'll have happened many times for years but only now is getting reported for some reason.

All three things - knocking on wrong door, getting in wrong driveway and turning around, accidentally entering wrong car - are things that many, many people would have done but thinking of getting shot wouldn't have even entered our minds - partly because we don't have to worry about guns. Proliferation of guns, coupled with right wing trash creating and amplifying people's fears make for a nasty combo. We have lots of the latter but hardly any of the former.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You can’t even get in trouble and ask a stranger for help. You would be worried he or she will just shoot you. What a country.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

NoLogo

You know, if all human beings were mentally balanced and nice people, I don't think I'd mind anyone having guns. The problem is, if you look at these guys at these NRA events, you already know they are massive a-holes, just itching for someone to come onto their property so they can use their guns.

I also have a problem with people who think they need guns to protect themselves from their government. Essentially, that means they don't agree with the unwritten social contract that we all have to play by the rules if we want a stable society, which makes them immediately untrustworthy in my book.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You know, if all human beings were mentally balanced and nice people, I don't think I'd mind anyone having guns. The problem is, if you look at these guys at these NRA events, you already know they are massive a-holes, just itching for someone to come onto their property so they can use their guns.

I also have a problem with people who think they need guns to protect themselves from their government. Essentially, that means they don't agree with the unwritten social contract that we all have to play by the rules if we want a stable society, which makes them immediately untrustworthy in my book.
0 of them truely believe that it protects them from the government. Is the 2nd amendment excuse to be able to keep playing with their deadly toys

RedDevilQuebecois

This is why winning state legislations matters. Win those, vote new laws, and then the move towards a nationwide ban will become easier.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Other countries dont have freedom

Freedom freedom freedom

fecking morons throwing words to not get into the argument

"The Lord", "freedom", "second ammendment"

"They dont have what we have". Yes, we dont have guns. The rest is stupid non sense to no enter in the discussion. Tell southern italians or spaniards if they are not religious or they dont have freedom.

And if they cant fix it why you need to be voted

feck this moron an feck the ones that vote him. Stupid prople

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
This is why winning state legislations matters. Win those, vote new laws, and then the move towards a nationwide ban will become easier.

Unfortunately this is why owning the courts also matters:

If I was to guess I'd hazard that the Washington legislation will meet a similar fate. Fed into the judicial meatgrinder, stayed, appealed to the Supreme Court and ultimately adjudged unconstitutional.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Might have posted this before, but worth seeing again…

Why is it all we see of the majority of US politicians or even citizens, is idiots like MTG, Bobo, Cruz or the lunatic lady saying she thought Gw Bush was responsible for JFK's assassination?

This is the type of person we should be seeing more of. Clearly intelligent, extremely articulate and obviously passionate and patriotic, but not insanely so.

It's infuriating people like this don't get heard more over idiots like Trump and co.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They’re always banging this freedom drum. Freedom to do what? I don’t see what freedoms US citizens have that most other western countries don’t other than the ability to senselessly murder people with guns. :houllier:
Never forget we are exceptional. That matters.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Will always despise this fecker for prolonging a woman in a vegetative, irreversible state’s life, but am glad he does see the light…

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
No, they used to be around 30k but seem to have increased in the last few years.
Oh wow.

So 130k in 3 years, 250k deaths of opioids in 3 years = 380k deaths in 3years. 1% of US population. And only going up both of them