Haha Newcastle

JogaBonitoRooney

They got robbed.

They also deserve it so hah!

Watched their Amazon Prime documentary. So cringe, richest club in the world, knocked out in the group stages in CL and don't qualify next year hopefully.

kaku06

Vulgarian
The outpouring of grief and outrage in the media over last night’s penalty decision when the same thing happened to us and nobody uttered a word is just :houllier:

RedUnited86

They'll still qualify unfortunately.

They'll beat Milan easily, and Dortmund should get at least a point at home against PSG.

These wankers are going to be unbearable.

antonyrightfoot

How good is this Livramento kid? I saw him 4-5 times and this boy gonna be one of europes best. Why we keep sign average players for huge fees like mount and antony while Newcastle and Aston Villa are buying top class hungry young footballers?

antonyrightfoot

I don’t get the joy our fans express here, we will probably finish 4 or 5th in the leauge so we need all the english teams to perform well in europe

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How good is this Livramento kid? I saw him 4-5 times and this boy gonna be one of europes best. Why we keep sign average players for huge fees like mount and antony while Newcastle and Aston Villa are buying top class hungry young footballers?
Livramento cost £40m, they hardly swooped up some bargain.

BelfastRed2021

They looked absolutely spent by the 60th minute they could not control a ball or even pass it they had zero possession for 30 minutes no subs made aswell if they have to do the same on saturday play same team with no subs then i think if we can still be in the game by the hour mark we have a chance.

footyfan019

Supports
Arsenal
He was always good, but with poor injury record. He can be top player if he stays fit.

Random Precision

Supports
Newcastle
He was always good, but with poor injury record. He can be top player if he stays fit.
He had an ACL injury while at Southampton that kept him out for months, prior to that he missed 4 games with minor problems, hardly injury prone and a steal at £32 million.

Random Precision

Supports
Newcastle
Wasn't a steal no. He was a risk that a rich club could take.
Rich…….we’re bound by FFP, now if FFP and FMV where challenged and deemed to be anti competitive I might agree with you, however we abide by the rules currently in place.

Now in two to three years as our revenue streams increase exponentially, yes there’s a good chance we’ll be ‘rich’

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Rich…….we’re bound by FFP, now if FFP and FMV where challenged and deemed to be anti competitive I might agree with you, however we abide by the rules currently in place.

Now in two to three years as our revenue streams increase exponentially, yes there’s a good chance we’ll be ‘rich’
You wouldn’t be able to increase those revenue streams so easily if you weren’t rich

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

You're the richest club in the world, along with your other Saudi friend clubs.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Pretty sure some random Saudi corporation will sponsor you.

Cloud7

I don’t get the joy our fans express here, we will probably finish 4 or 5th in the leauge so we need all the english teams to perform well in europe
I can never bring myself to hope another english team does well in europe. I don't care about any benefits to us. Feck them. I always hope they all go out in the group stage.

The Dane

I don’t understand all the hostility towards Newcastle. Yes they have rich owners but it’s not like they have been throwing money around like there is no tomorrow.
We can envy them for having smart and intelligent owners/management who knows how to run a football club and get results, but I don’t think it’s fair to blame them for buying their way to success at this stage.
Personally I don’t care where the owners come from and how they make their money as long as they stick to FFP rules and don’t try to bend them.
Newcastle in my opinion belongs in top 6 in England with the occasional CL appearance that comes with that. City not so much. They are a well driven club I’ll give them that but to me they are just an experiment of how far you can bring any random English club if you inject enough money over a long period of time and pair it with the right people in Management.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
But but but.... I was just told they are not rich
They aren't, but their revenues will naturally grow to help ease the burden of FFP. New sponsorship deals will be fiercely negotiated by a team of top professionals, who will eek every pound out of those notoriously tight Saudi companies.

Real pulling yourself up by your bootstraps.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
But but but.... I was just told they are not rich
The money we have spent is within FFP because of how minimal the squad investment was in the decade prior. It's literally just money that the club could have spent previously but didn't (almost 0 net spend under Ashley).

Considering how much catching up we have had to do, the expenditure is minimal. The fact our income is so low from transfers backs that up, we had a squad with almost no saleable assets in it when the takeover happened.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The money we have spent is within FFP because of how minimal the squad investment was in the decade prior. It's literally just money that the club could have spent previously but didn't (almost 0 net spend under Ashley).

Considering how much catching up we have had to do, the expenditure is minimal. The fact our income is so low from transfers backs that up, we had a squad with almost no saleable assets in it when the takeover happened.
Since when does FFP go back a decade? Isn't it three years in the current iteration?

Moriarty

I don’t understand all the hostility towards Newcastle.
When I was 14, I went up there for the game with a couple of mates from school. On the way to the ground, half a dozen blokes - they were about 30-40 years old - saw our scarves and wanted to fight us. When we picked up the pace, they chucked bottles, pint pots (empty) and some bricks after us. One of my mates got his head split open and I got hit by a bottle. I've hated the Geordie bastards ever since.

The Dane

When I was 14, I went up there for the game with a couple of mates from school. On the way to the ground, half a dozen blokes - they were about 30-40 years old - saw our scarves and wanted to fight us. When we picked up the pace, they chucked bottles, pint pots (empty) and some bricks after us. One of my mates got his head split open and I got hit by a bottle. I've hated the Geordie bastards ever since.
Fair enough. I think I would as well.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Their injury/ban crisis now is pretty damn awful. Seems like half their squad is out.

Burn, Botman, Tonali, Longstaff, Wilson, that is basically half their first team plus Murphy, Anderson, Targett, Barnes, Willock who are first choice covers for some of them.

I guess our ‘historical, unprecedented, worst ever in PL era’ injury crisis is not even the worst this season.