Haha Newcastle

whitbyviking

Feels like I can't win here, tough crowd.

Keep taking the piss, you know the truth deep inside even if EtH sometimes gets results with ugly football, was the same last season. ;)
Take that as a strong nibble.

Callum Wilson has really embarrassed himself there too :lol:

InfiniteBoredom

We used to be happy if we got 40, can't complain about 60s two seasons after the takeover.
And there’s nothing wrong with that, but trying to use xPts as some sort of inevitable benchmark for your standing is weird following the same reasoning, especially when the methodology itself isn’t foolproof. You can’t pan a team for winning ugly then in the same breath wave away the fact that you can’t buy a win away (and just get plonked twice as well) because you have good xPts or whatever.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
I'm sorry for my earlier post. I've always tried to be respective as I know that I'm a guest here but it's not always easy when you come to read the thread after tough loss(es) and see nothing but piss-taking for couple of pages. I have many good friends in real life who are Man Utd fans so I'm very used to being the target of laughs for the past decades but still react when I see stuff that I think is just plain bullshit like some of the stuff I often read here about Howe.

I know expected points isn't perfect but it's often a good indicator of how your team is doing. NUFC had no business finishing 5th during that one Pardew season around 2012 and we really should've gone down when we were dead last in expected points in 2019-20. The following Bruce season was another where we overachieved and those poor performances finally became a reality when we were basically a certainty to go down in 2021-22 without the takeover. We've been doing really well in expected points last season and this season which means I don't really care about humiliating losses like the last two matches especially with all the injuries.

It's been a rocky start to this season but I've still been mostly happy with the performances and there's been some memorable wins already. Right now the squad is gassed but we should get players back soon and hopefully the results and performances away from SJP improve. High intensity and high pressing still works at home but we haven't had the energy to do that twice a week with the same eleven.

Peace and good luck with EtH.

Last edited:

LInkash

In a thread called Haha Newcastle, I don't know what you were expecting

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
Well then I'm sorry for laughing back at you. ;)

And from what I've seen this thread has been used for general NUFC discussion.

Fridge chutney

I'm sorry for my earlier post. I've always tried to be respective as I know that I'm a guest here but it's not always easy when you come to read the thread after tough loss(es) and see nothing but piss-taking for couple of pages. I have many good friends in real life who are Man Utd fans so I'm very used to being the target of laughs for the past decades but still react when I see stuff that I think is just plain bullshit like some of the stuff I often read here about Howe.

I know expected points isn't perfect but it's often a good indicator of how your team is doing. NUFC had no business finishing 5th during that one Pardew season around 2012 and we really should've gone down when we were dead last in expected points in 2019-20. The following Bruce season was another where we overachieved and those poor performances finally became a reality when we were basically a certainty to go down in 2021-22 without the takeover. We've been doing really well in expected points last season and this season which means I don't really care about humiliating losses like the last two matches especially with all the injuries.

It's been a rocky start to this season but I've still been mostly happy with the performances and there's been some memorable wins already. Right now the squad is gassed but we should get players back soon and hopefully the results and performances away from SJP improve. High intensity and high pressing still works at home but we haven't had the energy to do that twice a week with the same eleven.

Peace and good luck with EtH.
To be fair, at least you are on here after a couple big hidings, and not just posting to gloat when you win. Fair play.

ti vu

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2023

Fourth in expected points, it's a club on the up. Would be way more concerned if we were outplayed in almost every match and had a negative goal difference while in the top 4 hunt.
Not pulling your legs or anything, but underperforming expected points is interpreted as negative such as bottling a game such as against Liverpool when you had a goal lead and man advantage.

I don't know how valuable is xPTS stats, but it's not simple as team would eventually arrive where xPTS suggests because bottling teams would always bottle; and jammy teams like Liverpool would jammy their way to victory against the odds.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't support Newcastle but what do you mean with murderous regime?
I am uncertain, if you want to WUM of if we are headed in the direction of whataboutism, but what exactly was unclear about my statement? Saudi is a murderous regime and they own Newcastle.

eire-red

Newcastle are the ultimate shitehouse and wind-up merchants with the likes of Joelinton and Bruno G so it's pretty hilarious to see Wilson going on about respect and ways to win.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
They look knackered as hell. Injuries and a lot of matches starting to show i guess, and it is strange that it did not show before.
Howe has just been naming basically the same starting eleven, game after game, hasn't he? Didn't even use subs against PSG.

It's no wonder they're all fecked. Wouldn’t be surprised if they picked up more injuries if it goes on much longer, either.

SER19

Wilson moaning about Spurs and Everton goalkeepers :lol: love to see it, after 2 seasons of Pope thinking he's a tough guy - worst time waster PL has ever seen and guys like Burn are absolute muppets too. Schar holding his head every 10 minutes. Rotten team and no surprise theyre bad losers too

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No they are not winning that one, but they are qualifying for the expectedChampions league spot as it stands.
According to the link he posted, Chelsea might squeeze into the xCLspots. We’re 5th in xP.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
No they are not winning that one, but they are qualifying for the expectedChampions league spot as it stands.
Let me correct myself-

They won the "we are above man utd via expected points" trophy?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Delighted for them. Hateful club

bosskeano

looks like they are out of europe now as well which sucks...was hoping they'd be stuck playing thur/sun in the spring