Hakim Ziyech

edbe

Supports
Ajax
We don't play any kind of football yet and United are a massive club for a player of Ziyech's stature. He isn't Hazard.
Ofcourse United is massive, that's part of the problem. Everyone thinks United is massive, but United lives in the past.

And Hazard ? he's lazy.

2018/2019 Ziyech is way better than 2018/2019 Hazard

NoPace

Ofcourse United is massive, that's part of the problem. Everyone thinks United is massive, but United lives in the past.

And Hazard ? he's lazy.

I like Ziyech and thought we should have signed him last year (posted it in January) but he gives away the ball too much to be better than Hazard, who might have been the best player in the best league in the world this year.

AgentP

Except United has two problems:

1) United doesn't play the football Ziyech likes and is accustomed to (parking the bus and all)
2) United is no longer part of the group of European superpowers
He is 26 and playing for Ajax. It's not like he's a young talent and every top club is after him.

Sanche7

And Hazard ? he's lazy.

I've never understood why people, especially those who support other teams, come to a United forum and throw shite at United
Yeah we are shite right now and we know it, we don't need you to come here and tell us, there are a million threads on this very forum about how shite we are.

But, in the mean time, saying United are done and dusted is jumping the gun. We finished second last year and have the financial strength to upgrade the whole squad in a year or two. Sure we may not be run very well and we have messed up many of our recent transfers, but don't think United are dead and buried, yet.

Le Red

1) United doesn't play the football Ziyech likes and is accustomed to (parking the bus and all)
1) The idea is not to play Mourinho BusBall next season.
2) What? The results have been crap but Manchester United remains one of the major clubs in the world. Some football clubs have stinker periods but that doesn't change their status so easily.

RooneyLegend

We are still Man United, a huge club with lots of money. Plus a club that's looking to get back to the top.
We don't play any kind of football yet and United are a massive club for a player of Ziyech's stature. He isn't Hazard.
This. This disrespect of our club has to end. Only a few players in world football who play for handful of clubs wouldn't want to come here.

dangler

I've never understood why people, especially those who support other teams, come to a United forum and throw shite at United
Y
They probably waited so long for this moment. Let them enjoy it while it lasts, hopefully won't be too long.

Lexxxzi

Yeah we are shite right now and we know it, we don't need you to come here and tell us, there are a million threads on this very forum about how shite we are.
I am actually not supporting any team in the EPL. When I was a kid, until around 13-14, I was a die-hard LFC fan, actually. Now I just don"t care anymore. It feels almost like losing your religion, I guess. The reason I am interested in Utd right now is solely because of Solskjaer. This in turn makes me want success for Utd, but again, it's only as long as Solskjaer stays.

tjb

Di Maria?
Exactly. Let's be honest, if used properly and with better character, di maria is the ideal winger for any team, Creative, can score, works hard, and has flair. A complete threat. I would love ziyech here, the attitude seems to be the only issue here

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He is a right winger and apparently available for 30 million. We should try to sign him, for that price it's a risk worth taking.

AjaxNL

It's not true.

It is actually, all reliable sources in the Netherlands say so. Ziyech developed really well this year, into a proper team player. The running he was doing of the ball is something I never thought I would see from him. His creativity and goal threat have always been there for everyone to see. Would love to see him at United, think he would really improve you guys in the short term (as a stop gap). Only worry is his excessive ball losing, which I am not sure how it would go down at United. It is such an intrinsic part of his play though, not something you can take out.

I like him, he was a proper menace in the CL this year. I hope we base our transfer targets on more than just that though and he gives off a bit of a difficult impression.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That he is available for 30 million? remember reading it in few other reports.
It is actually, all reliable sources in the Netherlands say so. Ziyech developed really well this year, into a proper team player. The running he was doing of the ball is something I never thought I would see from him. His creativity and goal threat have always been there for everyone to see. Would love to see him at United, think he would really improve you guys in the short term (as a stop gap). Only worry is his excessive ball losing, which I am not sure how it would go down at United. It is such an intrinsic part of his play though, not something you can take out.
I don't believe it for 1 second. If a player like Ziyech had a 30m release clause he'd be gone already.

Adam-Utd

That they will be sold for x millions.
Right, so probably meaningless then. They can agree to start sale talks but I doubt they legally have to accept that amount if they don't desire.

I doubt Ajax would be that stupid to use such a slam dunk clause.

roonster09

Scout
Right, so probably meaningless then. They can agree to start sale talks but I doubt they legally have to accept that amount if they don't desire.

They also agreed to let De Ligt for x million, to the club of his choice. Not every club operates in the same way. Players gave 1 more season to the club, so club agreed to sell them for reasonable price.

We are not talking about Levy - Modric type situation, it's Ajax. It's reported by various sites about this agreement.

Member 93275

It's why players go to Ajax, and for instance not go to PSG. With his first contract, Ziyech was thinking about a move in Europe, so the deal was play 2 years for Ajax and then Ajax won't be difficult. So last year he was supposed to go to Roma, only for Roma to pull out of the deal. Then Ziyech signed an extension, better wages and another agreement Ajax won't be difficult, with the 30m amount mentioned.

Without such deals, he wouldn't have played for Ajax, or he would have let his contract run out. It works for both parties.

Adam-Utd

They also agreed to let De Ligt for x million, to the club of his choice. Not every club operates in the same way. Players gave 1 more season to the club, so club agreed to sell them for reasonable price.

We are not talking about Levy - Modric type situation, it's Ajax. It's reported by various sites about this agreement.
Agreed to let him go for 75m, hardly a compromise.

roonster09

Scout
Agreed to let him go for 75m, hardly a compromise.
I don't know what more to say, you are free to believe whatever you want to. I believe what I read in multiple papers and telegraaf.

Adam-Utd

It's why players go to Ajax, and for instance not go to PSG. With his first contract, Ziyech was thinking about a move in Europe, so the deal was play 2 years for Ajax and then Ajax won't be difficult. So last year he was supposed to go to Roma, only for Roma to pull out of the deal. Then Ziyech signed an extension, better wages and another agreement Ajax won't be difficult, with the 30m amount mentioned.

Without such deals, he wouldn't have played for Ajax, or he would have let his contract run out. It works for both parties.
I don't know what more to say, you are free to believe whatever you want to. I believe what I read in multiple papers and telegraaf.
Fair enough, I just think with rapid player inflation they'd easily get double that amount. I think they'd be very reluctant to now let him go for that cheap, but we shall see.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I was a bit wrong on Ziyech. Never expected him to be a key player for a CL semi-finalist at all.

Danimancer

I was a bit wrong on Ziyech. Never expected him to be a key player for a CL semi-finalist at all.
dont think you were the only one - much has been said about him losing the ball and too little about his abilities - at least before the latter stages of the CL stages. But in truth, I rather have someone with that workrate and ability to do something unpredictable, than someone safe and boring. I know that this isn't what most would like in today's "Modern" football though

dcullivanio

Whether he goes for €30 or more I think he’d be a punt worth taking for United. He’s dangerous and has developed massively. IF he did end up going for the fee suggested when linked to Sevilla and we don’t go for him then I think it’s a missed chance

Maccus21

This guy has the balls to rip it up for us. I have heard he is a hothead - but maybe that's what we need right now

flappyjay

I thinks it's the way Ajax do their business. Think about how we are being quoted more for Maguire whilst it looks like De Ligt will be going for less than 70m

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
We already have too many players who lose the ball. Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and Lukaku are all very frustrating players. I don't think we need another player that does this.

Also, I remember watching RVP during the title winning season and i can count on one hand, in one whole year, how many times he lost the ball. He was incredible and that is the type of standard we need leading the line.

Enigma_87

You know who
I can't believe we aren't all over this guy. Guess it's because he isn't British.