Film Halloween around the corner.. What's your fav scary movie.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Can’t wait for the Suspiria remake. Think it’s out next month?

I’ve not actually seen the original.
I think it's November 2nd in the UK and streamable November 10th.

The original is well worth checking out for the visuals and sound which I think overall hurts the films as it's so beautiful that it's hard to find it scary.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
In no order, these are some of my favs;

The Ring
Paranormal Activity
The Conjuring
The Omen
Poltergeist
Case 39
Skeleton Key
The Exorcist
Watched the Exorcist as a kid, messed me up so that's my scariest.

My favourite would probably be Sixth Sense. There's been so many cheesy movies following the same formula since, it's easy to forget how clever a film it is.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The Descent is also a fantastic film. Absolutely love that one.
Good call.

The original IT (but probably more because I was basically a child when I watched it)

An odd one that scared me was a movie called Jeepers Creepers. The first one.

The Ring was scary - but I watched it in the cine - so the sound definitely had an impact of unsettling me.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
The Descent. I remember that being bloody terrifying.

Realise someone has already said it but I hadn't read the full thread.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
As already mentioned I remember The Descent being brilliant! Sets the tone well, very creepy.

Don't think it's been mentioned but Sinister I also found excellent, even though you know what is coming in the lawn mower scene it still puts the shits up you! So many creepy scenes tbh, it's made easier due to the creepy 8mm film they're always playing during it. I'm going to have to watch this again.

Member 39557

Good call.

The original IT (but probably more because I was basically a child when I watched it)

An odd one that scared me was a movie called Jeepers Creepers. The first one.

The Ring was scary - but I watched it in the cine - so the sound definitely had an impact of unsettling me.
That was genuinely quite creepy until the reveal, then the film turned a bit crap.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
And then turned creepy again when you read about the director's past and then realised Coppola backed him in full knowledge of his crimes.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
The Exorcist
Scream
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Shining
The Blair Witch Project

SirAF

Ageist
I’m not really into horror movies but Paranormal Activity scared the fecking bejesus outta me!

spwd

Not my favourite but there’s a decent horror on the horror channel starting at 12.55 uk called Afflicted if anyone wants to check it out.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The Burning (1981) is a nice horror flick from the 80s. Overall though, the horror genre has sooo many shit movies.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I really liked Sinister. Great atmosphere.

Also The Others, What lies beneath, Tale of 2 Sisters, Case 39, The Skeleton Key, The Woman in Black, Shutter Island, Deliver us from Evil, Room 1408, Identity and some others that have already been mentioned.

spwd

Not my favourite but there’s a decent horror on the horror channel starting at 12.55 uk called Afflicted if anyone wants to check it out.
This film is on after dog soldiers on the horror channel at 2.35am if anyone interested.