Hang your heads in shame boys - or the 'no sense of perspective thread'

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Pitiful performance from players that should be grasping every opportunity given to them with both hands.

You all know who I'm talking about.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
The defence were decent, O'Shea and Brown were solid and Lindegaard looks like a decent keeper. But ahead of that all of them were shithouses (Hernandez was decent mind, but no one picked his runs)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The thread title should be aimed at some of the resident spastics from the match day thread.

Hitchcocker

I can't even believe there is a MOTM thread. I can't even think of three players who played well :lol:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
No worries, great United sides from the past also played shit against non leaguers.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
i think our midfield was poor. Gibson was good in parts but where the drive and who can make a tackle? All we do is let teams have the ball and try to tackle/block in the final third. We should be pressing all over the pitch.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The thread title should be aimed at some of the resident spastics from the match day thread.
Apparently, there's no difference between the mains and the newbies.

Sir A1ex

A little overdramatic no ?
Kind of, but I'm pushed to think of a worse win.

And it wasn't just the bit-part players failing to take their chance... at least you can put that down to inexperience and nerves to some degree. The player that made me most angry was Rooney, who was a genuine disgrace. Given the position he currently holds in United fans' affections, he really can't afford to put in 45 minutes like that. Way to undo all the goodwill from last week's goal, Wayne.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Smalling looked quality once again.

Hernandez was good feeding on scraps...Rooney didn't really influence the game much and I can't help but feel dissapointed by our midfield performance against a none league side

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
What a fecking disaster that was. We've qualified for the next round, but I'm left feeling that we have shag all strength in depth. We're not going to win a single trophy this season if we ever need to rely on the likes of Obertan. What a joke of a player. Bebe was awful as well, but he's got a bit more time left to get his act together. It's King and Pogba I feel sorry for.

Garethw

A little overdramatic no ?
This was not aimed at the whole team mate. The defense for instance was excellent (brilliant return for Brown!).

I'd have cut my bollocks off to play for United. It just annoys me when certain players that have fulfilled my ultimate fantasy play with such apathy.

M160RA

I thought the twins (the Da Silvas, not the Carricks) did well. Obertan was okay - had some good moments and some bad ones. Bebe was poor and looked overwhelmed - honestly, why does he deserve to start ahead of some of the younger kids?

Gibson had a good first half, but a poor second half. Rooney started brightly, but was poor as the half wore on. O'Shea did well at centre-half, but then got skinned too easily at least on a couple of occassions when he moved on to the left. Brown was solid, and scored obviously. Hernandez made some good runs, but he should've finished the chance he had in the first half. Carrick was decent in midfield - but I thought he looked a lot better when he was playing alongside Anderson. A Carrick-Gibson midfield works about as well as a Gerrard-Lampard midfield. They don't complement each other well.

SCM

Considering the team we put out it is not surprising we didn't play well a lot of the team haven't had any serious game time for a lot of weeks. Crawley turned up and played well against a lot of players who just weren't up to speed with playing in the first team just yet. We won and are through to the next round which is the important thing.

pauldyson1uk

in all fairness it was a team that has prob not played together and Crawley had nothing to lose.
They played well and we played crap , but we won and thats what matters.
Thats not to say that watching it has not pissed me off , I will admit to posting some shit in the match thread.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This was not aimed at the whole team mate. The defense for instance was excellent (brilliant return for Brown!).

I'd have cut my bollocks off to play for United. It just annoys me when certain players that have fulfilled my ultimate fantasy play with such apathy
Now there you have a point.It's a real shame that some youngsters don't show more enthusiasm and energy.

Sir A1ex

Exactly. Ppl are too spoilt these days.
Yeah yeah, knew there would be a fair bit of this.

Being pissed off with the absolutely pathetic attempt at football we just saw does not make you some kind of part time muppet.

We just got genuinely outplayed for an entire half by Crawley Town. I'll repeat that in case you don't understand. We just got genuinely outplayed for an entire half by Crawley Town.

And that after not really impressing in the first half either.

Leg-End

Only thing that has annoyed me out of that game is that none of our youngster got a sniff.

Garethw

Exactly. Ppl are too spoilt these days. Hang your heads in shame after a win :rolleyes:
I understand where you're coming from but we were playing a non league team ffs!

Every player we had out there today has a multi million pound contract. Is it so wrong to expect them to maybe dominate a home game like this and not make Crawley fecking town look like a top champions league team?

Sir A1ex

Now there you have a point.It's a real shame that some youngsters don't show more enthusiasm and energy.
I actually disagree with that. Obertan, for example, looked up for it, and regularly tried to influence the match. The problem was that he couldn't because he was absolutely dire with the ball at his feet. I actually don't blame him, but he's been here a while now and he just ain't good enough. Shame, as I was one of his greatest advocates in the early days.

M160RA

Only thing that has annoyed me out of that game is that none of our youngster got a sniff.
I think part of it was down to Fabio's injury. Also, I think Fergie was hoping Rooney's introduction would help us get a two-goal cushion to allow him to give one of the youngsters a chance.

Alex

i think our midfield was poor. Gibson was good in parts but where the drive and who can make a tackle? All we do is let teams have the ball and try to tackle/block in the final third. We should be pressing all over the pitch.
I completely agree, I think that our best central midfield lineup would be Scholes, Anderson, and Carrick, I think that sometimes when Scholes or Anderson dont play there is no impetus to go forward. I can t believe some of the players just find it acceptable to soak up pressure against inferior opposition we should have took teh game to then and in the first half we did but only got one goal, in the second we were absolutely pitiful

MUFC07

No worries, great United sides from the past also played shit against non leaguers.
Hear here, we even had bad displays with Ronaldo and Rooney on the pitch vs lower teams and everybody was saying "oh, god, we're doomed, we're not good enough, let's die" and we were winning the double 2 years after.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I'd have cut my bollocks off to play for United. It just annoys me when certain players that have fulfilled my ultimate fantasy play with such apathy.
Apathy. Don't talk crap, it was fraustration because they were playing against a team who, like you, would have cut their bollocks off for the opertunity to play at old Trafford and were playing out of their skin, chasing everything and cutting all space out. Sometimes it just isn't possible to play Football against teams like this. That's part of Football.

Like I said in the match thread:

Going to be a bunch of muppets crying that we didn't win 6-0, but that's just not football. The history of the FA Cup shows that. They came here, worked very hard to stop us from playing and with a team made up of players that rarely get to play together, it's not really surprising.

If we'd have played Giggs and Nani on the wings, with Berbatov and Rooney up front I'd have expected to win by 5 or 6 but we had two reserve wingers, Hernandez on his own up front and Gibson in with Carrick and Anderson who I thought were comfortable.

Our defense was rarely troubled and only in the dieing few minutes when they threw the kitchen sink at us did I feel they might get a goal.

A Cup win, while resting alot of players that needed resting and Rooney kept his fitness up with a 30 minute run out.

Job done.
"Hang your head in shame"

feck me some of our fans piss me off with their spoilt expectant attitude.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I actually disagree with that. Obertan, for example, looked up for it, and regularly tried to influence the match. The problem was that he couldn't because he was absolutely dire with the ball at his feet. I actually don't blame him, but he's been here a while now and he just ain't good enough. Shame, as I was one of his greatest advocates in the early days.
I was not necessarily singling out Obertan tbh

Leg-End

I think part of it was down to Fabio's injury. Also, I think Fergie was hoping Rooney's introduction would help us get a two-goal cushion to allow him to give one of the youngsters a chance.
Yeah I'm not saying they should have been on, just they never stood a chance of actually getting on.

kps88

If we had played a Premier League team today I'm sure we would have fared better. These sort of games are always tricky and performances like this can happen, as we've seen against Exeter, Burton and Huddersfield at Arsenal.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
Yeah yeah, knew there would be a fair bit of this.

Being pissed off with the absolutely pathetic attempt at football we just saw does not make you some kind of part time muppet.

We just got genuinely outplayed for an entire half by Crawley Town. I'll repeat that in case you don't understand. We just got genuinely outplayed for an entire half by Crawley Town.

And that after not really impressing in the first half either.
Mid-week game v. marseille coming up. Fergie wasn't gonna put his best team obv. I don't think we got outplayed tbh. Back four looked fairly comfortable and Oshea and Brown were dealing with crosses pretty comfortably. Yeh, the midfield went to shit when Anderson went off. I don't expect much from Bebe and wasn't surprised with his performance. I did however expect more from obertan and he did make a few good runs but crossing as usual was pretty bad from him. You kind of figured we weren't gonna run riot with the team out there today (well I did anyways).

I wasn't expecting a sublime performance going into it. Thought we'd win more comfortably but win is win, just move on to marseille now.

manusteve

Smalling the only positive from a dismal display,

Hernandez disappointed me big time he didnt put in a shift, he didnt put pressure on their defence at all.
What is a one striker meant to do when he is depending on the absolute horrible performances by Messrs Obertan and Bebe?

What do you mean by pressure? Do you mean create chances? Or do you mean running around like a headless chicken?

I am astonished you cite Hernandez's average display compared with the pathetic performances by the wingers.

That was a crap display of football from us. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Not naming names but as an attacking force we were below Premier League standard. The fact that we were hanging on at the end showed how ineffective we had been and the encouragement we kept giving to the Crawley players. With the possession and space we created, this game should have been killed off with room to spare. I was so disappointed for some of our younger players on the bench. They deserved an opportunity to do better than what was already on the pitch but at that stage we had to play safe with our subs.