Hannibal Mejbri image 46

Hannibal Mejbri Tunisia flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Keep seeing a lot of people talking about where his next loan should be, I think our midfield is crying out for a midfielder of his ilk or someon elike Iqbal as well.

Not saying he starts or makes many appearances, but out midfield options alongside Casemeiro are:

Fred - COntract ends in the summer, expect he goes
VDB - Not so much he goes....more he's ghost
McTominay - Not sure he is anymore than a squad option
Eriksen - Been good though isnt getting younger and does lack a little energy and defensive attributes to be playing so deep, stll see him as being better as competition for Fernandes role personally

Outside of CF, I still feel to progress out first eleven that a midfielder is a priority and would liek us to sign one, Enzo Fernandez being the dream.....but there are four options for one spot, two should be sold/released end of contract, one I feel is better suited further forward and the other isnt good enough...there should be opportunities I feel for Hannibal in our squad to make appearances.

People maybe expect too much given the fee we paid for someone so young and some of the hype, he is still just a kid with a lot to learn, but I do feel these next few months are a good time to get a look at him within our side from the bench and cup games at certain times before deciding what to do

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I watched the whole of this game. Chong or Deeney were both more deserving of MOTM.

Hannibal’s workrate is amazing. He’s fit as a fiddle and never stops running. He looks like one of the better players I’ve seen in the Championship but still a way off looking like he’s too good for this level.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I watched the whole of this game. Chong or Deeney were both more deserving of MOTM.

Hannibal’s workrate is amazing. He’s fit as a fiddle and never stops running. He looks like one of the better players I’ve seen in the Championship but still a way off looking like he’s too good for this level.
I watched the whole game aswell and have watched most of Birmingham's games this season, and I would agree about Deeney due to him getting the goals but Chong just reminds me of why he never made it at United.

Hannibal is playing in central midfield for a team that statistically has the worst possession stats in the whole league and was tipped for relegation. So it would be naive to expect him to look head and shoulders above the competition.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I watched the whole game aswell and have watched most of Birmingham's games this season, and I would agree about Deeney due to him getting the goals but Chong just reminds me of why he never made it at United.

Hannibal is playing in central midfield for a team that statistically has the worst possession stats in the whole league and was tipped for relegation. So it would be naive to expect him to look head and shoulders above the competition.
Not a great stat for Hannibal that.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not a great stat for Hannibal that.
Or it's a stat that reflects the way the Birmingham manager wants his team to play by bypassing the build up phase and placing heavy emphasis on verticaility by getting the ball into the attacking third with a minimal amount of passes. Which then opens up the possibility of pressing and counter pressing football high up the pitch.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The 19-year-old was booked in the first half, but was lucky to get away with a lunge on Burnley’s Connor Roberts after the interval.
“Yes, possibly that’s why I brought him off, it’s important to keep 11 players on the pitch, it’s part of his development, his role, he needs to calm down a little bit,” Eustace told Birmingham Live.
Subbed off to avoid getting sent off in 3 nil defeat against Burnley.

suheilsworld

Subbed off to avoid getting sent off in 3 nil defeat against Burnley.
That happened in one other game I was watching before the World Cup. He really has a mean streak and does come out every game. He needs to draw the line between healthy aggression and silly kicks/pushes. With Bellingham waiting in the wings, it might be some bench time for him at Birmingham

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That happened in one other game I was watching before the World Cup. He really has a mean streak and does come out every game. He needs to draw the line between healthy aggression and silly kicks/pushes. With Bellingham waiting in the wings, it might be some bench time for him at Birmingham
He's young. Keano was like that at the start of his senior career. You thought he was going to get sent off every match.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's young. Keano was like that at the start of his senior career. You thought he was going to get sent off every match.
Completely agree mate.

His biggest issue imo at Birmingham is the style of play. They don't look to build play from the back and hence want to get the ball forward into the attacking third by bypassing the midfield. So the keeper and CBs look to hit it long at every opportunity, and unless Eustace changes his approach and looks to control possession by playing through the thirds. I think it might be a good idea if United look to place him at another club in January. A club that looks to play through the thirds and wants to control possession.

At Birmingham he's doing a lot of off the ball work, which is also good for his development. But I think it would be better if he joined a club that looked to control possession, which imo would highlight his strengths.

Idxomer

Doesn't seem like he had a good game at all yesterday, 52% passing accuracy and not like had a lot of key passes.

kidbob

Completely agree mate.

His biggest issue imo at Birmingham is the style of play. They don't look to build play from the back and hence want to get the ball forward into the attacking third by bypassing the midfield. So the keeper and CBs look to hit it long at every opportunity, and unless Eustace changes his approach and looks to control possession by playing through the thirds. I think it might be a good idea if United look to place him at another club in January. A club that looks to play through the thirds and wants to control possession.

At Birmingham he's doing a lot of off the ball work, which is also good for his development. But I think it would be better if he joined a club that looked to control possession, which imo would highlight his strengths.
Interstingly my mate who is a Bermingham fan is raving about him but saying the same thing. He says he never expected the amount of committment to hard work from a loan player and that he has moments of real class on the ball but their style isn't set up to consistently show that. To be honest the one thing, from watching him in youth football, that I'd never doubt of him is his ability on the ball. I think it'd be nice too to get him a different style of club in January. I've high hopes he could come in and do a job as a squad player next year, Diallo too.

I hate being down on our players but him and Diallo in and DVB and Elanga out wouldn't make an ounce of difference to us, I feel, but Mjebri and Diallo have a much higher upside long term.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Interstingly my mate who is a Bermingham fan is raving about him but saying the same thing. He says he never expected the amount of committment to hard work from a loan player and that he has moments of real class on the ball but their style isn't set up to consistently show that. To be honest the one thing, from watching him in youth football, that I'd never doubt of him is his ability on the ball. I think it'd be nice too to get him a different style of club in January. I've high hopes he could come in and do a job as a squad player next year, Diallo too.

I hate being down on our players but him and Diallo in and DVB and Elanga out wouldn't make an ounce of difference to us, I feel, but Mjebri and Diallo have a much higher upside long term.
My heart sinks when I see those two coming on.

I’d much rather see Diallo and Mejbri, but I think the loans are good for them in the long term.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I've watched most of Birmingham's games to keep an eye on Hannibal's development and the football they play is terrible. The keeper John Ruddy kicks it long at every opportunity and their CBs seem to be programmed to loft 30 yard diagonals to the wingbacks who are stationed high up the pitch. Which results in turning the ball over to the oppo far too many times. And it's why Birmingham are statistically the worst team at holding on to possession in the league. And in the previous game against Middlesbrough, Hannibal was deployed as a centre forward, where he was wasted. And according to some Birmingham fans, he was used in that position due to having better pressing and hold up ability compared to Chong, who likes to run in behind.

I don't blame the Birmingham manager, his hands are tied due to the club's financial situation. But if United can rearrange another loan to a team who puts emphasis on building play through the thirds, then I think that would be for the best. Middlesbrough wanted him before he joined Birmingham and with Michael Carrick now being the manager, it would make a lot of sense.

kidbob

I've watched most of Birmingham's games to keep an eye on Hannibal's development and the football they play is terrible. The keeper John Ruddy kicks it long at every opportunity and their CBs seem to be programmed to loft 30 yard diagonals to the wingbacks who are stationed high up the pitch. Which results in turning the ball over to the oppo far too many times. And it's why Birmingham are statistically the worst team at holding on to possession in the league. And in the previous game against Middlesbrough, Hannibal was deployed as a centre forward, where he was wasted. And according to some Birmingham fans, he was used in that position due to having better pressing and hold up ability compared to Chong, who likes to run in behind.

I don't blame the Birmingham manager, his hands are tied due to the club's financial situation. But if United can rearrange another loan to a team who puts emphasis on building play through the thirds, then I think that would be for the best. Middlesbrough wanted him before he joined Birmingham and with Michael Carrick now being the manager, it would make a lot of sense.
Basically word for word what my mate says. I'm glad he is putting in the hard work needed for a team like that, shows super attitude but yeah a loan to someone like Middlesbrough would be golden for him. I'm hoping ETH is impressed with his work rate at the very least because he has really shown he can be trusted to put himself about and burst his bollocks for the team, which should be the least expected for any first team player for me. Just needs the platform to show what hes really good at with the ball at his feet. Honestly think he has all the attributes, and attitude, to make it here if these next couple of years are handled correctly.

kidbob

My heart sinks when I see those two coming on.

I’d much rather see Diallo and Mejbri, but I think the loans are good for them in the long term.
Ah yeah I wouldn't recall them now, apart from possibly a change of laon club for Hannibal. More talking about next season, especially as I can see us making some money from the sale of DVB and, especially Elanga (Sweden international and I think he'd be very good for midtable or lower teams).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He'll probably need another loan next season at a more 'progressive' club. He'll still only be 21 by Sep 2024 with [hopefully] two full seasons of professional football under his belt.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Ah yeah I wouldn't recall them now, apart from possibly a change of laon club for Hannibal. More talking about next season, especially as I can see us making some money from the sale of DVB and, especially Elanga (Sweden international and I think he'd be very good for midtable or lower teams).
I’d agree with all of that. Hopefully Mejbri and Diallo will be integrated next season, with Beek and Elanga moved on.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I would love to see Hannibal in a better footballing team. I also think that he will replace VDB in the summer as I believe VDB would be sold, but Elanga, I would imagine, will go on loan.

SoCross

Any update on this fella? See he played 70 odd minutes in the last game.

Alemar

Good assist in the dying seconds today, helped the team get a draw

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Last edited:

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Some of the takes about Eustace being a long ball manager are just bizarre! :lol: :houllier:

He couldn't be further from that. Makes me wonder if people do actually watch the games they claim too.

Hannibal has been decent and one of the hardest workers in the Birmingham side, just a shame that they seem to have hit a patch of bad form recently.

jeepers

Coping with the kicks? "That is what I learned! Now if someone kicks me I have to kick them back!" He is joking. "No, I have to stay in the game and show my quality first. If someone kicks you it is no problem. You have to forget and keep going," he says with a smile.
I love this bit. He has always shown his work ethic and quality on the ball. Seems like he’s found some maturity as well. He’ll be a great addition to the squad; hopefully he finds consistency and keeps improving and shows his worth to EtH in pre-season. I hope he replaces McT and Donny, and we possibly look to bring in a young, talented DM to eventually take over from Casemiro.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I always had an issue with him to be honest.

Don't see much in him.

He is not a technical monster, or have an incredible IQ.

He is not fast, doesn't have a particular good shot.

He's a fighter, he runs a lot and have aggression, but on the other side he loves him a lot, so I am not really confident in his capacities and what he holds for the future.

I prefer a player like Iqbal who is technically more delicious than him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I always had an issue with him to be honest.

Don't see much in him.

He is not a technical monster, or have an incredible IQ.

He is not fast, doesn't have a particular good shot.

He's a fighter, he runs a lot and have aggression, but on the other side he loves him a lot, so I am not really confident in his capacities and what he holds for the future.

I prefer a player like Iqbal who is technically more delicious than him.
Hannibal’s miles better than Iqbal, it’s not even close.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

criticalanalysis

Sounds like his development is going well.

I've always envisioning him as being a combative and technical 8 in the best way possible.

KKidAA

Just scored a lovely goal, caught the keeper out with a free kick from distance.

Mingus

The keeper's positioning was a little too brave but the free kick had to be perfectly placed and executed with disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.