Hannibal Mejbri image 46

Hannibal Mejbri Tunisia flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He will do well in a bit more functioning team. This is great experience for him though.

Bertie Wooster

Very good effort from Hannibal tonight.

He's right up there in my all time list of youth players that I'm desperate to see make it with us and so I'm pleased that his first senior loan is going quite well.

Next seasons choice is a big one - PL loan or stay as a possible part of the first team squad? I guess it's the degree of any potential role in the squad that should decide that. I'd love to see him stay and get decent opportunities. But I wouldn't want the kind of 'wasted' year that the likes of Iqbal and Elanga are having. A PL loan would definitely be preferable to that.

Last edited:

OrcaFat

He’s getting lots of praise. I’ve only seen clips and compilations but this lad looks very good to me.

Tonight Eustace described him as unplayable and being all over the pitch. I like his chances of breaking into our team next year at no8, sharing the minutes with Eriksen.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He has to come in for Fred next season
More like Erikson. High energy, box to box with a great passing range. A young Keano.

Earlier I had assumed that he would need another year on loan. But he seemed to have matured a lot in the last few months but his playing style but also his attitude. Playing with a smile rather than playing angry in the past.

I think he can contribute next season. (But I still think Amad needs to stay out on-loan another season, playing regularly.)

Last edited:

Bondi77

More like Erikson. High energy, box to box with a great passing range. A young Keano.

Earlier I had assumed that he would need another year on loan. But he seemed to have matured a lot in the last few months but his playing style but also his attitude. Playing with a smile rather than playing angry in the past.

I think he can contribute next season. (But I still think Amad needs to stay out on-loan another season, playing regularly.)
We want to keep Erikson as he has plenty to offer while all Fred offers is energy and Hannibal has that in spades and technical ability to boot.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We want to keep Erikson as he has plenty to offer while all Fred offers is energy and Hannibal has that in spades and technical ability to boot.
We won't rid Erikson. He still has a lot to offer. But he tends to fade after an hour into a game. And that won't improve considering that he's on the wrong side of 30.

But that's where it dovetails perfectly for the young energetic Hannibal. He learns both from Erikson and Casemiro and there will be playing time for him, replacing Erikson around the hour mark. And gradually takes over a couple of seasons later.

Bondi77

We won't rid Erikson. He still has a lot to offer. But he tends to fade after an hour into a game. And that won't improve considering that he's on the wrong side of 30.

But that's where it dovetails perfectly for the young energetic Hannibal. He learns both from Erikson and Casemiro and there will be playing time for him, replacing Erikson around the hour mark. And gradually takes over a couple of seasons later.
You have a point and he may prove to be able to fill that role in a season or two but in the short term we can cut Fred adrift and Hannibal can provide that energy that Fred has and add technical ability in the process.

OrcaFat

That's a hell of a bend he puts on it. Incredible improvisation and disguise.
Yes. Brilliant strike but as you’ve said, the disguise was impressive, I would say a critical element of what he did.

I’ve been watching a load of clips of him. Never seen a full Birmingham game of his so well aware the clips are only part of the story but holy shit this boy has the tools. I can see him taking over from Eriksen within 18 months.

Going back to the disguise, he’s using it all the time with his passing and dribbles - he’s clever and quick-witted. I’ve only seen clips so it could be that he is often wasteful and not always any good but it is obvious that he is an exceptional talent and has that extra layer of technique and intelligence that will separate him from the average top level player. With the right development I think he could stand out even at United.

Jezpeza

Got to integrate this guy into the squad next season. Seen him a few times for birmingham and whilst it is championship football he looks so technical and works the ball well in tight spaces. Also gives 110% every time he pulls a shirt on.

Vanrouge

Yes. Brilliant strike but as you’ve said, the disguise was impressive, I would say a critical element of what he did.

I’ve been watching a load of clips of him. Never seen a full Birmingham game of his so well aware the clips are only part of the story but holy shit this boy has the tools. I can see him taking over from Eriksen within 18 months.

Going back to the disguise, he’s using it all the time with his passing and dribbles - he’s clever and quick-witted. I’ve only seen clips so it could be that he is often wasteful and not always any good but it is obvious that he is an exceptional talent and has that extra layer of technique and intelligence that will separate him from the average top level player. With the right development I think he could stand out even at United.
And fans who have paid a lot of attention to the academy have been consistently singing his praises. I agree with your every word, and I'd also add that training with (and therefore learning from) the likes of Casemiro and Eriksen will only add to his impressive potential.

TheReligion

Abusive

He won’t, and should not, replace Eriksen.

Should definitely be part of the midfield options though over Fred/Mctominay

Strelok

Just happened to watch a clip of him on YT. Looks quite good and matured already. Anyone watch him regularly could give an opinion if he's ready for the PL yet?

Bondi77

It seems he is getting less minutes now but he has played a lot of football this season and I wonder if the coach is just giving him a bit of a breather before he starts to start him in games again.

OrcaFat

It seems he is getting less minutes now but he has played a lot of football this season and I wonder if the coach is just giving him a bit of a breather before he starts to start him in games again.
Yeah I assumed he’s being rested. Maybe he’s showing some weariness in training. Last I heard he was meriting a starting place but his form is sure to be up and down as well.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The harsh reality is we always get carried away about our youngsters. If he was good enough to play for Manchester United next season he’d be one of the first names on Birmingham’s team sheet, week in, week out. Think Mason Mount at Derby. And for a supposedly attack minded player how many goals/assists does he have this season? I can think of one goal. Any assists?

Amad is the one and only loanee who looks like being someone the manager needs to think about next season. And that’s ok. The vast majority of our very best youngsters never establish themselves as first teamers. That’s football.

OrcaFat

He won’t, and should not, replace Eriksen.

Should definitely be part of the midfield options though over Fred/Mctominay
Eriksen is great and we’re missing him badly. However I do think Hannibal is a similar type, broadly, a skilful no8. I think he could sub on for Eriksen in the second half and deputise for him when injured or rested. Possibly next year would be one year too soon for him to take that responsibility.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The harsh reality is we always get carried away about our youngsters. If he was good enough to play for Manchester United next season he’d be one of the first names on Birmingham’s team sheet, week in, week out. Think Mason Mount at Derby. And for a supposedly attack minded player how many goals/assists does he have this season? I can think of one goal. Any assists?

Amad is the one and only loanee who looks like being someone the manager needs to think about next season. And that’s ok. The vast majority of our very best youngsters never establish themselves as first teamers. That’s football.
Well since he got in the team after the start of getting used to the surroundings etc., he started 19 out of 22 league games, which is 86,4%. So I'd say he pretty much is one of the first names on the team sheet, no? The last couple of games he's come on as a sub, but that's more likely for the exact same reason as with Amad. He's scored one and assisted six goals in all comps. Hannibal plays mainly as a CM whereas Amad is either on the right wing or in a free role behind the striker. So naturally he has a good chance to score more than Hannibal.

Sunderland are a better side, scored 10 more goals than Birmingham and are fighting for those promotion playoff spots, Birmingham on the other hand are just about safe from relegation.

Oh and Eriksen who plays in a similar position as Hannibal does at Birmingham, has scored two this season. Mount played almost all his games at Derby as an AM behind the striker. So for exactly the same reason Bruno has much more goal involvements than Eriksen, Mount had more than Hannibal.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well since he got in the team after the start of getting used to the surroundings etc., he started 19 out of 22 league games, which is 86,4%. So I'd say he pretty much is one of the first names on the team sheet, no? The last couple of games he's come on as a sub, but that's more likely for the exact same reason as with Amad. He's scored one and assisted six goals in all comps. Hannibal plays mainly as a CM whereas Amad is either on the right wing or in a free role behind the striker. So naturally he has a good chance to score more than Hannibal. Eriksen who plays in a similar position as Hannibal does at Birmingham, has scored two this season.
Six assists is decent actually.

Still have big doubts about him making it at United next season. Maybe the season after if he goes somewhere on loan and has as big an impact (not necessarily as many goals/assists) as Amad has had at Sunderland.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Six assists is decent actually.

Still have big doubts about him making it at United next season. Maybe the season after if he goes somewhere on loan and has as big an impact (not necessarily as many goals/assists) as Amad has had at Sunderland.
I naturally hope he eventually "makes it" at United but I agree that next season might be too soon, if he ever will that is. Playing in a midfield two in PL is pretty damn demanding and there's still a lot to develop to be able to handle that.

Bondi77

I am not sure if he can be classified typically as one of our yougsters though as we paid about 10mil to secure his services as a teenager so along with Amad I classify them as buys for the club.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

This is true, even Garner was having a much better season in the Championship. The way I see it is if he had no connection with United, I wouldn't look at him and think he's worth signing.

He has a long way to go.

OrcaFat

This is true, even Garner was having a much better season in the Championship. The way I see it is if he had no connection with United, I wouldn't look at him and think he's worth signing.

He has a long way to go.
He does have a long way to go. But he’s not inadequate in the same way as Garner or 99% of willing, good-honest Championship pros. He’s a rough diamond. Not sure yet if he’ll ever reach the required refinement but he is more a “United” type player than most, I think.

macheda14

This is his first season out on loan no? Amad had a pretty poor season on loan last year. Hannibal may perform much better in a team that isn’t pretty shit.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It seems he lost his place to another loanee.
Well that’s a shame. Given how highly rated he is I’d have thought he’d be one of those kids who progress faster. Who is the other loanee?

Glorio

Has he actually lost his place or is he simply struggling with the demands of consistent men's football, similar to Amad at this time of the season?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He started and played 80 minutes on Tuesday, in what was a poor Birmingham performance, so I'd imagine it was more to do with rotation rather than anything from wise,

Glorio

He started and played 80 minutes on Tuesday, in what was a poor Birmingham performance, so I'd imagine it was more to do with rotation rather than anything from wise,
What I thought. After the first few weeks, he generally starts and does well

Bondi77

Young players form goes up and down.....just thought I would beat someone to it.

Idxomer

Well that’s a shame. Given how highly rated he is I’d have thought he’d be one of those kids who progress faster. Who is the other loanee?
Reda Khadra from Brighton. I may have been talking rubbish though because this guy is more of a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.