Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Have to say that he's got the best role model to look up to in world football at this club, Snr Bruno Fernandes himself!.. They have a similar frame type, obviously noting Bruno has filled out alot more with his age..

Really looking forward to seeing this lad becoming a first team starter whenever he can

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd say his best role is as a playmaking #8 longterm, the way he was used at Monaco in a 4-3-3. He has a lot of strings to his bow which has seen him deployed in various roles in advanced areas at United which has given him freedom to play. But with his skillset, i'd like to see him deployed alittle deeper due to his potential to dictate play.

But for now, it's fine to play him on the left or at #10 to gain experience at first team level.
You've probably hit the nail on the head there. I think he'll almost certainly end up in midfield in the long term. I wonder where he'll get his first minutes for the first team, if I were a betting man I'd wager we'll play him on the left.

rotherham_red

I think he's going to be our long-term Pogba replacement, especially if the latter signs his new contract. I'd say within 2 years, we're going to start to see him being phased out, and Mejbri in. And before that period, we'll see Mejbri come in and out of the team periodically and play in a range of positions to build up his first team experience and tactical appreciation.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Brilliant talent, although it does frustrate me a little bit that he seems to be allowed to play anywhere but the centre of midfield.

Of course, I trust the development strategy in place, but I do see that as his most suited role personally and would like him to get to play there a bit.

Devil81

Has he been injured?

I've often wondered why other kids have got a chance ahead of him considering he's so well thought of.

macheda14

Has he been injured?

I've often wondered why other kids have got a chance ahead of him considering he's so well thought of.
A month or two ago there were strong talks that he would feature in a game or two when some other kids did but he was injured.

Devil may care

Hopefully he gets a start on Sunday, and if they are a bit concerned about his temperament it would make sense to get him in the senior squad for Bruno, Cavani and Maguire to mentor him, it's worked really well with Cavani and Mason.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Hopefully he gets a start on Sunday, and if they are a bit concerned about his temperament it would make sense to get him in the senior squad for Bruno, Cavani and Maguire to mentor him, it's worked really well with Cavani and Mason.
What was wrong with Mason's temperament?

Mickson

Has he been injured?

He was when Shoretire got his chance. Also, he's not in the Europa League squad, which of course hindered his chances.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You've probably hit the nail on the head there. I think he'll almost certainly end up in midfield in the long term. I wonder where he'll get his first minutes for the first team, if I were a betting man I'd wager we'll play him on the left.
Agreed mate. Either on the left or as the #10.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not sure if it’s been mentioned here but one of the journalists mentioned that he has declared for Tunisia and he also refused French u19 call up in March.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure if it’s been mentioned here but one of the journalists mentioned that he has declared for Tunisia and he also refused French u19 call up in March.
Oh wow I missed that. Have we ever had a Tunisian player before?

Drz

Well deserved, hopefully he's given his debut this weekend.
Same, at least 30mins, but I hope it's not a too experimental team that starts so he can just focus on his football.
Also just glad to take him out of the firing line of the lousy tackles he suffers in the reserves because of poor refereeing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Dom Booth has wriiten a piece on the player (link below), where he says that Neil Wood and Solskjaer have had countless discussions about the player and the decision has been made about keeping him in around the fringes of the first team, along with games at u23 level for next season.

The article also touches upon the player's temper, and how Neil Wood spoke to him for 25 minutes in the tunnel at the end of the 3-1, loss to Derby, regarding the player waving a imaginary card in the referee's face. It's also said the player is now worried he's developing a reputation which could affect his chances at first team level. Neil Wood is also said to have defended his character and it's said that he (Wood) has planned his team/tactics around the young player for the last 18 months.

Very interesting. Especially that bit about his temperament. There should be no question that he makes it here, he's clearly talented enough and he's the most expensive player we've bought that age. Training full time with the first team will hopefully straighten out rough edges, if he's too hotheaded, but we could do with one or two top class professionals in there too, if this cultural reboot is to continue.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Very interesting. Especially that bit about his temperament. There should be no question that he makes it here, he's clearly talented enough and he's the most expensive player we've bought that age. Training full time with the first team will hopefully straighten out rough edges, if he's too hotheaded, but we could do with one or two top class professionals in there too, if this cultural reboot is to continue.
His temperament, I'm sure will be channelled into a positive because his fiery character could be a real plus for us.

I also agree that he has all the tools to make it at the club and some. His ability to dictate play from deeper, along with his mercurial ability on the ball allows him to be a threat in multiple defensive and attacking zones. He's quite simply the biggest talent at the club currently IMO in the 23s and below.

In Rainbows

His temperament, I'm sure will be channelled into a positive because his fiery character could be a real plus for us.

I also agree that he has all the tools to make it at the club and some. His ability to dictate play from deeper, along with his mercurial ability on the ball allows him to be a threat in multiple defensive and attacking zones. He's quite simply the biggest talent at the club currently IMO in the 23s and below.
Yeah, United should try everything to mold him into a Modric type role.

mav_9me

I'm not really worried about his temperament. I like that he is fiery.

Drainy

I think he'll be really popular when he's promoted to the first team because he's fiery and extremely skillful, but in terms of becoming a top professional footballer he's got a lot to work on.

People already know about his temperament, but my biggest concern about him are:

- His tracking of runners in midfield
- General workrate and application
- Too many touches before releasing the ball
- Static standing posture while receiving the ball meaning he needs to do a skill to progress the ball / leaving him open to the foul (a bit Martial-esque in that regard).

In short, he needs to learn and apply the defensive side of the game and how to play on the half turn and release the ball quicker, in my opinion.

Otherwise he will be in the Pogba style limbo of not being clever enough in tight spaces for the 10 role, not being safe enough for a deeper role, and not being quite quick enough for a wider role long term at the highest levels.

Smores

Fantastic stuff really looking forward to him being integrated next year. If Donny stays he's going to find a strong competitor for his minutes as the season progresses.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Not sure I would have Bruno as a mentor, he does get a bit excited during some games, but I would add Mata to the mentor role. Possibly one reason why Ole wants to keep him around the squad, he would be an excellent role model for the younger players, he has skill, awareness and temperament.

Devil may care

Not sure I would have Bruno as a mentor, he does get a bit excited during some games, but I would add Mata to the mentor role. Possibly one reason why Ole wants to keep him around the squad, he would be an excellent role model for the younger players, he has skill, awareness and temperament.
Bruno has an edge to him but 7 yellows in 57 games and no reds is pretty good, and his professional winning attitude is infectious. Agreed on Mata but I'd only want that if he went onto the coaching staff.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Think he could be our answer to Jack Grealish.
He's got very similar play style, we could easily save 80 mil here. Just hope he stays injury free. Otherwise I am pretty convinced he will make it, he's a great mix of determination and skill, like any Unite player should be. In a couple of years we might have so many academy players starting for us I am so excited about it. It can partly compensate for some trophy less years.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
By the end of next season my bet is he will out jump Donny in the pecking order.

In Rainbows

I think he'll be really popular when he's promoted to the first team because he's fiery and extremely skillful, but in terms of becoming a top professional footballer he's got a lot to work on.

People already know about his temperament, but my biggest concern about him are:

- His tracking of runners in midfield
- General workrate and application
- Too many touches before releasing the ball
- Static standing posture while receiving the ball meaning he needs to do a skill to progress the ball / leaving him open to the foul (a bit Martial-esque in that regard).

In short, he needs to learn and apply the defensive side of the game and how to play on the half turn and release the ball quicker, in my opinion.

Otherwise he will be in the Pogba style limbo of not being clever enough in tight spaces for the 10 role, not being safe enough for a deeper role, and not being quite quick enough for a wider role long term at the highest levels.
I don't think he needs those touches. He does it because he can do it at that level. Whenever 1 touch is needed, he just does 1 touch. And it's really good. He doesn't need to do a skill to progress the ball. He does it because he thinks going past a player will open up the passing options. He has more time on the ball because of his ability and fast thinking. He always looks in complete control to me.

I do agree that he needs to work on tracking runners. His general workrate is really good though. That's one of his positives compared to say Januzaj. He just needs to work on becoming more efficient in how he utilizes that workrate.

In Rainbows

Is he as good as people are saying?
I recall people had high hopes for Gomes and it turned out to be a false dawn with him.
Depends on what you expect. Gomes was an attacker (viewed by the coaching staff) so he had to have an output of goals or assists or general incisive passes to create the attack. Or he had to dribble past players in the final third area. Mejbri can dribble, but he's less of an attacker compared to Gomes and more of a midfielder. So he has the ability to split the defense with a pass, but until you see these kids in those situations (faster paced match so less space and time to do the business) it's impossible to know how they'll take to that level.