Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

OrcaFat

Technically he looks class but it was the way he moved with the ball that really caught my eye, he glides across the grass with great balance.
I was gobsmacked. I’ve seen bits of him for the U23 and thought he looked good but seeing him in a senior game, he looks like a thoroughbred. He runs with such poise and purpose. He looks a complete natural.

Can’t remember the last time the moment of seeing a player debut had such an effect on me.

Mylock

Loaning can be hit and miss. Agree with the development but look at Pereira, Petrucci , Lingard to name a few (who had an excellent season with west ham)they were all bigged up and didnt make it, hope we wont be disappointed with Mejbri also.
I don't think we should loan Amad, Shortire or Hannibal as it wouldn't benefit them at this stage. These guys need to be in around the 1st team. I've watch them in the u23 and they have real chance of making it. What they need to do is to come into a strong team, its not fair to judge them in a meanless match like today.

Bwuk

I don't think we should loan Amad, Shortire or Hannibal as it wouldn't benefit them at this stage. These guys need to be in around the 1st team. I've watch them in the u23 and they have real chance of making it. What they need to do is to come into a strong team, its not fair to judge them in a meanless match like today.
Shoretire is far too young to loan anyway, he’s just turned 17.

Amad and Hannibal are too good to loan.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What's his strongest position? I mean in u23 ? Thought he is an attacking midfielder ?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Probably the stage of the game he came on at, but thought he looked stronger in the cm role than both Matic and VDB today.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I wonder if even that little cameo might pivot the conversation with Mata.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think this season has highlighted a few things.

Even with a lot of games so close together, our squad is still a bit big. The likes of Mata, Matic, Lingard, Jones, Romero and Grant are too expensive in wage terms and not needed. As many as possible should be moved on, plus Dalot, the two Pereiras, and a few others.

Another is that U-23 football is still not really good enough for developing players. We need to give the likes of Laird, Garner, Hannibal, Shoretire, Elanga, Mengi and Fish more game time or good loans.

Bwuk

What's his strongest position? I mean in u23 ? Thought he is an attacking midfielder ?
Higher up the park. His best games came off the left or as an attacking midfielder. I think we’ll discuss this a lot. He’s the next Pogba.

jesperjaap

I was gobsmacked. I’ve seen bits of him for the U23 and thought he looked good but seeing him in a senior game, he looks like a thoroughbred. He runs with such poise and purpose. He looks a complete natural.

Can’t remember the last time the moment of seeing a player debut had such an effect on me.
Try not to remember or you may think of Angel Gomes

jesperjaap

Higher up the park. His best games came off the left or as an attacking midfielder. I think we’ll discuss this a lot. He’s the next Pogba.
Is that a positional comparison though? Seems very different to me as a player from the highlights and cameo today. Pogba has great technique of course but a lot of his play is athletic too, using the strength of his body shielding the ball and powerful driving runs, dont see Mjebri like that at all...but not seen much of him

jesperjaap

I think this season has highlighted a few things.

Even with a lot of games so close together, our squad is still a bit big. The likes of Mata, Matic, Lingard, Jones, Romero and Grant are too expensive in wage terms and not needed. As many as possible should be moved on, plus Dalot, the two Pereiras, and a few others.

Another is that U-23 football is still not really good enough for developing players. We need to give the likes of Laird, Garner, Hannibal, Shoretire, Elanga, Mengi and Fish more game time or good loans.
Totally agree. It befuddles me when I see a lot of the "who we should sign" type threads having squad signings like Ings and Trippier in. There may be a big step down from starters to subs in some positions, but it is the quality of certain first eleven playes need improving. We have a huge squad, especially when including the youngsters.

Not realistic but when you look at our squad including players on loan and look at four quality signings in positions people mention and possibly a veteran keeper like Heaton....there is up to 13-14 players we could actually sell or release whilst retaining a strong squad of 25, losin experience but personally I feel gaining balance and a better overall pool of 15-20 players for what we need in comparison to what we have. Including Amad I think there are a good 4/5 youngsters could be in our squad next season with 2 or 3 pushing for the bench and minutes on the pitch

Bertie Wooster

I've absolutely loved watching Hannibal with the academy and U23's, and it was really pleasing to see him make his first team debut.

I think he's best suited to either #8 in a three man midfield or the #10 position. But he's so good on ball, and gets around the pitch well wherever he starts, that he's also good from the left side cutting in onto his right foot.

He's a really exciting talent who is great on the ball and clearly backs himself to both score and create goals. However that confidence / swagger on the ball clearly makes him a target for the opposition. If he can improve his temperament when dealing with the deliberately rough treatment he receives, then he really has the confidence and technical ability to make it at a club the size of United.

macheda14

I've absolutely loved watching Hannibal with the academy and U23's, and it was really pleasing to see him make his first team debut.

I think he's best suited to either #8 in a three man midfield or the #10 position. But he's so good on ball, and gets around the pitch well wherever he starts, that he's also good from the left side cutting in onto his right foot.

He's a really exciting talent who is great on the ball and clearly backs himself to both score and create goals. However that confidence / swagger on the ball clearly makes him a target for the opposition. If he can improve his temperament when dealing with the deliberately rough treatment he receives, then he really has the confidence and technical ability to make it at a club the size of United.
He won’t have to improve his temperament as much as we’d think because he won’t be getting that treatment in the prem. Yes teams will rough him up a bit, but nowhere near to the extent that he’s been hacked in the u23s

DSG

Is it just me, or did he look the best out of Amad, Elanga and Shoretire? By a wide margin, I’d say.

Needs to improve strength by the looks of it.

it would be fantastic if we could generate another star from the academy after Rashford and Mason. We don’t really need young attacking talent, it’s the midfield that hasn’t produced an academy talent in ages...

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Is it just me, or did he look the best out of Amad, Elanga and Shoretire? By a wide margin, I’d say.

it would be fantastic if we could generate another star from the academy after Rashford and Mason. We don’t really need young attacking talent, it’s the midfield that hasn’t produced an academy talent in ages...
½ of McFred disagrees.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Bruno has an edge to him but 7 yellows in 57 games and no reds is pretty good, and his professional winning attitude is infectious. Agreed on Mata but I'd only want that if he went onto the coaching staff.
That is a pretty good return for Bruno, but I have noticed occasions where he does get a bit vocal, and a little remonstrative, and if we have a referee who likes to be the centre of attention, he is likely to give Bruno a yellow. But what he attempts to do with the ball, Hannibal could probably learn from.

Alemar

I don't think we should loan Amad, Shortire or Hannibal as it wouldn't benefit them at this stage.
I don’t see Shoretire around the first team next season, he is too raw (yet). Maybe just a few appearances here and there, so if there is chance for good loan maybe it’s worth it. And don’t forget we also have Pellistri (who may be well ahead of Shoretire now after his loan).

Amad and Hannibal, on the contrary, may definitely be very useful off the bench players for the senior team already.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You’re right. But his ceiling at Man Utd is squad player. He’s Darren Fletcher 2.0. Not a star.
Fletcher was more than just a squad player, and far better than what McTominay offers us right now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Perfect guy to be the depth for Bruno for a while and eventual starting replacement. Hopefully Garner keeps progressing too, can get a future midfield with plenty of technique, creativity and passing range with them as 2 of the 3.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Really liked what I saw from the little he played. Seems to have really quick feet based on that little moment when he shuffled it left and right among a couple of players

AkaAkuma

Just based on the above video he has abit of Ronaldinho in him, his frame, running style and tenacity.

Also, looking forward to seeing him go 'hair down' mode. I think he was told to tie it back. Hair down will be when he's arrived. :)

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

I wouldn't go that far. I think Amad was excellent but maybe faded a little as the game progressed - which is understandable. Hannibal looked quality though - has a bit of a Rui Costa style about him I thought. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

mav_9me

Perfect guy to be the depth for Bruno for a while and eventual starting replacement. Hopefully Garner keeps progressing too, can get a future midfield with plenty of technique, creativity and passing range with them as 2 of the 3.
I think he has enough work rate, inclination to do defensive work that he can be an 8 like Kroos.

rotherham_red

Most didn't even knew Rashford before LVG had to play him. Lingard was never hyped, neither was Henderson. Pogba potentially, but he left. Latest player is Greenwood, before him maybe Gomes.
That just isn't true re Rashford. He was on my radar at the age of 13 when Ravel Morrison's agent specifically name checked him as someone to watch. Likewise, Sky had his name down as someone to make a breakthrough in 2016. He was very much well known. He even got on the bench v Watford months before he made his debut too.