Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Mickson

Clearly. You seem to ignore anything that doesn't fit into your increasingly shrinking frame of reference.

Go down that road? Again, you mean the road where he played more academy players than any other team in the Premier League?

He's done nothing different to any other big team, and the 'examples' you offered up proves that. We have a young team already. Other sides have more room to implement youth into their side and they still haven't done it. You think there might be a reason for this?

No you didn't. :lol: Your examples are terrible. You're using a 22 year old making his debut as an example ffs, but seem adamant to ignore the existence of Greenwood. The 3 examples you've given have a grand total of 3 combined first team appearances. Diallo scored in a Europa League game last season against AC Milan. That's bigger than anything any other the examples have done .
Jesus, you just don't take in what I'm writing, do you? That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. If Mourinho gave Gomes and McTominay a debut, what the hell has that to do with what Ole is doing RIGHT NOW? I'm saying that City has done more than United in the last two seasons, despite not being cocky about "giving youth a chance". If you put that epithet on you, you better deliver, which he hasn't done in the past two seasons. The only ones he has given a real chance to are Greenwood, and that was three years ago and Williams (two years ago). Hardly impressive for a club that "gives youth a chance". And, as I said, it's not like our youngsters are poor, in which case I would understand it, and it's not like James, Mata and Lingard delivers, also in which case I would understand. It's simply cowardness from his side. He puts on eleven youngsters in a meaningless game against Astana and suddenly people think he gives youth a chance. How many minutes has Laird, Levitt, Galbraith, Mellor, Bernard, Mengi played since? :wenger: not even against Tranmere he has the balls, because he must play James, Lingard, and other deadwood players who he have yet not sold btw. They are just taking up playing time from youngsters, for some mysterious reason no one understand.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He’s been sent off twice in his last two games. I’d be amazed if you can find examples of any other players, young or old, getting sent off as frequently as that.
Add in his other red card and he’s got 3 in his last 16 appearances for the u23s. Could have easily had more for multiple kick outs that went unpunished last season too. But don’t worry, a red card every 5 matches is only normal and shows great enthusiasm.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Add in his other red card and he’s got 3 in his last 16 appearances for the u23s. Could have easily had more for multiple kick outs that went unpunished last season too. But don’t worry, a red card every 5 matches is only normal and shows great enthusiasm.
Which means he’s arguably helped by the less strict refereeing at that level as much as he’s hindered by it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’s been sent off twice in his last two games. I’d be amazed if you can find examples of any other players, young or old, getting sent off as frequently as that.
Did he get sent off playing for Tunisia?. I don't recall him being sent off in any of the 3 games he played for them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
3 whole games without being sent off? Surely not?!
He's been playing at Monaco and now at United since he was 13 and has only received 3 red cards? That's a horrific record for a young teen and he should be sold to Bayern who would have no issue taking this problem off our hands.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Really hope he gets to feature in about 10 games for the first team this year. 5 starts would be perfect. A couple in the league cup. One in the last game of the CL group once we have qualification secure and a couple at the end of the season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's been playing at Monaco and now at United since he was 13 and has only received 3 red cards? That's a horrific record for a young teen and he should be sold to Bayern who would have no issue taking this problem off our hands.
I have no idea what his disciplinary record was at Monaco going back to the age of 13. Do you? I do know that 3 red cards in his last 16 games for us (in a league where referees are generally reluctant to book players) is not good at all. And that’s what I’m discussing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I have no idea what his disciplinary record was at Monaco going back to the age of 13. Do you? I do know that 3 red cards in his last 16 games for us (in a league where referees are generally reluctant to book players) is not good at all. And that’s what I’m discussing.
Yes I do and have listened to countless interviews of Monaco's youth coaches and have watched plenty of their youth games at u17 level. And not once did the Monaco youth coaches say a bad about Mejbri's conduct as a player.

So for you to say he is a repeat offender is quite simply false if the last 6 years are anything to go by.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Must admit, I'm torn between trusting the coaching and academy staff who have years of experience in integrating an envious number of young players over the last few years based on what they see every single day in training with the opinions of posters with names like 'dabeast'.

It's a real quandary.

Nicolarra90

I suspect he's saying he actually hasn't seen Fernandez play as a midfielder before, as opposed to, he doesn't see him as a midfielder.

It does make some sense as I don't think he has the required pace of a top level full back
Exactly... Didn't feel like arguing

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Jesus, you just don't take in what I'm writing, do you? That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. If Mourinho gave Gomes and McTominay a debut, what the hell has that to do with what Ole is doing RIGHT NOW? I'm saying that City has done more than United in the last two seasons, despite not being cocky about "giving youth a chance". If you put that epithet on you, you better deliver, which he hasn't done in the past two seasons. The only ones he has given a real chance to are Greenwood, and that was three years ago and Williams (two years ago). Hardly impressive for a club that "gives youth a chance". And, as I said, it's not like our youngsters are poor, in which case I would understand it, and it's not like James, Mata and Lingard delivers, also in which case I would understand. It's simply cowardness from his side. He puts on eleven youngsters in a meaningless game against Astana and suddenly people think he gives youth a chance. How many minutes has Laird, Levitt, Galbraith, Mellor, Bernard, Mengi played since? :wenger: not even against Tranmere he has the balls, because he must play James, Lingard, and other deadwood players who he have yet not sold btw. They are just taking up playing time from youngsters, for some mysterious reason no one understand.
I do, unfortunately, which is referenced in the first paragraph of my response. Any valid points raised to you immediately move outside your frame of reference. You, off your own back, made a reference to ignoring AWB because of his age and first team reference, then immediately include a 22 year old with more first team appearances than AWB had when we signed him, as an example of giving youth a chance.

Case in point. So now it's about giving players DEBUTS? And we're drawing new conclusions from the first two games of the season? Your examples of City doing more in a friendly, and giving one 19 year old 1 game, all in an aging team with significant experience, somehow vindicates your view? In 2018/19 (three seasons ago) Greenwood played 3 games in the PL. In 2019/20, Greenwood played 31 games in the Premier League. So no, no other team has come remotely close to doing that in the last couples of seasons. The context you're using for us and for everyone else is completely different. If other clubs were doing anything like you suggest they are doing, then they'd had more academy players in their squad and they'd have a younger squad than what we are currently seeing. Whatever perceived notion you have of their successes and our failures doesn't actually play out in reality. We have a YOUNG team. We just spent shit loads on YOUNG players, and will work towards them being READY. And when they are READY they will be integrated into the side. Throwing these players in now won't only not work, it would likely harm their development. Players development at different rates and they should be introduced if and when they're ready.

I can't believe I even have to say this, but Mejbri clearly isn't ready to play a significant role in a team expecting to challenge for the title. Nor is Diallo, or Elenga. You've given Laird as an example earlier and he's just gone on loan to a Championship team. We couldn't get a PL to guarantee him minutes but he should be involved? Last year Levitt couldn't even break into the Charlton side but again, should be getting a chance. Chong has just joined Birmingham on loan. If any of these players were ready to be a part of our side, then why aren't they being picked up by teams at a higher level.

Showing promise and being ready are two completely different things. You seem to be vastly overrating our youth players CURRENT ability. It's not cowardice, it's just not idiocy. And this reflected in what our rivals are doing.

NecssryEvil

It’s not natural. It’s a problem he needs to sort out.

This is a much better way to react to having the shit kicked out of you as a teenager.

I get what you are saying and he will need to learn to control his temper or teams will target him even more to get him riled up.

The difference to me in that video of Grealish is that at least the ref was handing out yellows left and right. When I have seen Hannibal lose it is when he gets the shit kicked out of him and the ref just ignores it over and over. If Hannibal was drawing the yellows on the opposition that the refs absolutely should be giving out I don't think he would go on tilt like yesterday.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Fortitude

Regarding a potential loan? If he isn't gonna get significant game time under Solskjaer, then a well thought out loan under a manager who adopts a proactive approach to the game would be good for him IMO.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is a bit of a FM type question-

But do you think clubs ever contact and offer other clubs the opportunity to loan their players?

Or do the club have to contact United to show their interest?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I get what you are saying and he will need to learn to control his temper or teams will target him even more to get him riled up.

The difference to me in that video of Grealish is that at least the ref was handing out yellows left and right. When I have seen Hannibal lose it is when he gets the shit kicked out of him and the ref just ignores it over and over. If Hannibal was drawing the yellows on the opposition that the refs absolutely should be giving out I don't think he would go on tilt like yesterday.
Agreed. A lot of the fouls have proper weight behind them too. it's 3,4,5 times by the same players and the ref does nothing.

He'd literally get more protection in the premier league, how does that make sense? It's like the rest of the football pyramid hasn't evolved and still allows players to be kicked out of matches.

No wonder players barely dribble or hold the ball under pressure anymore, just pass it off 5 yards square and it's job done.

youmeletsfly

Must admit, I'm torn between trusting the coaching and academy staff who have years of experience in integrating an envious number of young players over the last few years based on what they see every single day in training with the opinions of posters with names like 'dabeast'.

It's a real quandary.
Well he wouldn't be called "dabeast" if he wouldn't be all-knowing.

I like this Mejbri mfecker a lot, but let's be honest, he's skinnier than the average sized dick and would get bullied in the EPL.

youmeletsfly

Do you think Dan James is bulkier and stronger?
James is a bit bulkier and has a much lower center of gravity. Plus he plays in a different position where speed is more important. In the areas where Mejbri would operate, balance is everything.

I really hope he'll bulk up a bit for next year. I think he's going to push the 1st teamers hard, that's how good he is.

Mickson

James is a bit bulkier and has a much lower center of gravity. Plus he plays in a different position where speed is more important. In the areas where Mejbri would operate, balance is everything.

I really hope he'll bulk up a bit for next year. I think he's going to push the 1st teamers hard, that's how good he is.
I don't agree with that. James seems to fall over in every duel. Hannibal is strong and has a great balance (James has no balance whatsoever). FYI Hannibal has played in the Pogba position, so he can function on the wing too.

youmeletsfly

I don't agree with that. James seems to fall over in every duel. Hannibal is strong and has a great balance (James has no balance whatsoever). FYI Hannibal has played in the Pogba position, so he can function on the wing too.
One's playing in the EPL, the other in the U23's..

dabeast

It's a real quandary.
Well he wouldn't be called "dabeast" if he wouldn't be all-knowing.

I like this Mejbri mfecker a lot, but let's be honest, he's skinnier than the average sized dick and would get bullied in the EPL.
Hmm, let's see: I would implicitly trust "Eckers99" with the most important of tasks. Like Batman. And, of course, anyone called "youmeletsfly" could be Robin.

Anustart89

Looked fecking class in that. Hope he gets some minutes and isn’t someone else we criminally under use.
Opening game of 24/25, the caf lets out a collective ‘feck’s sake’ when Matic starts the game and does just as poorly as everyone predicts while Hannibal remains an unused sub.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Opening game of 24/25, the caf lets out a collective ‘feck’s sake’ when Matic starts the game and does just as poorly as everyone predicts while Hannibal remains an unused sub.
:lol: he’ll be long gone by then, starting week in week out for a Dortmund or a Leipzig.

Mickson

Then people claiming Ole gives youth a chance when Hannibal gets five minutes against LASK in the last 16 after a 7-0 win in the first leg.

Anustart89

Then people claiming Ole gives youth a chance when Hannibal gets five minutes against LASK in the last 16 after a 7-0 win in the first leg.
Ole gives youth a chance because he bought Haaland who was 21 and had confidence in him despite his young age!

My only Eric

Ole to the press : I give youth lots of chances. It's in the Dna of the club.. (add some bla bla bla about the garfer).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So this thread has turned into quite the grim circle jerk…
Everyone’s excited about one of our hottest young prospects who happens to have the same sort of temper Rooney had. What’s boiling your piss so much about that?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He gave it away in a really sloppy fashion four or five times last night.

He's really talented but if he does get a shot at the first XI soon a few should get ready for him losing possession quite a bit.
Lost the ball 19 times yesterday against a league one side where we were dominated for large parts in midfielder and the usual watch a highlight reel and say he’s ready to be playing PL football and slate the manager. You can’t make it up. That’s also the second time in his last two competitive games that he’s been sent off after being wound up. Yes, he’ll learn as he matures but until he does he isn’t ready for a senior loan let alone playing for us. How’d you think he’d cope with that in the championship? He’ll be targeted and sent off every sodding week. There are certain posters on here who pontificate and act like they know better than the club yet were they in charge we’d have an average age of 19 and be playing in the fecking championship.

And for the record I think he has the potential to be a top player but the idea he’s ready for PL football playing in a pivot for a side challenging for the league is so fecking deluded it’s untrue. Yet apparently the only thing stopping this is “progressive coaching”. I mean do these “football oracles” hear themselves.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm surprised he didn't lose the ball more often considering Lincoln were dominating every single one of our players apart from Mejbri which isn't a surprise considering Lincoln were quicker and stronger and kept winning the ball back comfortably.