Television Happy!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I started watching this this week and I am really enjoying it. If you like The Preacher you'll probably like this. It's based on a 4 issue comic by Grant Morrison, and funnily enough is drawn by the same guy that did The Preacher comic.

Nick Sax is an alcoholic ex-cop turned hitman who lives his days with drugs and cynicism. After he is shot and left for dead, he revives while in the care of paramedics and can now see a small, blue, goofy cartoonish winged horse named Happy. Happy is the imaginary friend of a little girl named Hailey, who has been kidnapped by a deranged man dressed as Santa Claus. Happy escapes to seek Nick's help in finding her and reveals that Hailey is Nick's estranged daughter. Nick reluctantly agrees and he and his new "partner" now must work together to save her.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Sad that it's the last ep. today. I really enjoyed how fecked up this is... especially ep.7.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
One of my favourite shows lately. I've been putting off watching it due to that imaginary friend, but feck me it was brilliant. Actually the two episodes when they split up I found myself missing him from the whole show.

The lead in this also is fecking great. One of the best performances I've seen lately. The level of depravity and brutality mixed with humour is spot on.

Already renewed for season 2 :drool:

@pauldyson1uk , @Dirty Schwein - get on this.

Oo0AahCantona

I thought it was great, it hit that perfect spot where it was really dark but didn’t sort of cross the line where it alienates the viewer.

Andersons Dietician

I thought it was great, it hit that perfect spot where it was really dark but didn’t sort of cross the line where it alienates the viewer.
I really enjoyed it also but that bit with it treading the line. What does that say about society now with that
one incident that makes him the way he is. The microwave part
I see it’s been renewed for another season so that’s great as I did really enjoy it.

pauldyson1uk

One of my favourite shows lately. I've been putting off watching it due to that imaginary friend, but feck me it was brilliant. Actually the two episodes when they split up I found myself missing him from the whole show.

The lead in this also is fecking great. One of the best performances I've seen lately. The level of depravity and brutality mixed with humour is spot on.

already on my list :D

Oldyella

Some great one liners in this. The whole Chinatown scene is just brilliant, where they complain about him making offensive jokes while trying to kill him.

Oh, and, "get it out of me" is dark af.

Amir

Half way through it and loving it. So bloody different and weird in a good way. Plus to see Chris Maloney in such a role is a treat after Oz and Law and Order.

Oo0AahCantona

I really enjoyed it also but that bit with it treading the line. What does that say about society now with that
one incident that makes him the way he is. The microwave part
I see it’s been renewed for another season so that’s great as I did really enjoy it.
I’ll be honest I had to google what you were on about, I think I must have got a cup of tea or fell asleep or something during that scene! But feck.

What I mean is like, it was dark, gritty, silly and spectacular in a lot of ways with pretty horrid subject matter, but it didn’t step over that line for me where I lose interest because they go to a place I just don’t want to be when I’m trying to be entertained. Things like real bad sexual abuse and the like are just a nono for me when I’m watching a film or tv show.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

What the hell is it? Horror?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Flew through this last week. Wasn't expecting to be as good as it was. Lots of fun in a dark, twisted way.

Lead actor will always be Keller from Oz to me though.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Really enjoyed it though the style natural elements were pretty meaningless.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I wanted to watch this show, but for some reason I thought it was called Barry (mixing it up with the Bill Hader show) ... so I ended up watching Barry, which is great... now I need to watch Happy.

Damn confusing one word shows.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Umming and ahing over whether to watch this. I was going to then I read that it's a comedy as well and comedies these days aren't really funny to me so it's a bit off-putting. I still think I will give a couple of eps a go tonight after hearing the good reviews.

Lead actor will always be Keller from Oz to me though.
Wow, I had completely forgotten about Oz and Keller. I never finished that series but, from what I did watch, I really enjoyed it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Okay, I enjoyed this. Watched the first two eps the other night and can't wait to get onto the next lot. I was gonna binge it last night but something came up and couldn't so I plan on doing it tonight.

At times they try too hard to be funny but it's not off-putting like I initially thought it'd be. I did laugh a good few times! Also, this would've been a lot shorter if Happy had just gone to get the mother instead of Nick.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
So we can watch season 2, but no season 3? Shame it isn't getting another season, as the first was good fun to watch

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Ah feck you Netflix, was really enjoying this and was wondering what season 3 would hold.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ah feck you Netflix, was really enjoying this and was wondering what season 3 would hold.
It's Syfy's show so they cancelled it. Netflix just has the international streaming rights.

Would be great if Netflix took it over but it seems like a very niche show.

Watched the first two episodes of season 2. It's so fecking good.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
It's Syfy's show so they cancelled it. Netflix just has the international streaming rights.

Would be great if Netflix took it over but it seems like a very niche show.

Watched the first two episodes of season 2. It's so fecking good.
Syfy always ditch their shows quite quickly. I have hope as Happy is popular on Netflix apparently, so maybe they will save it.

Simbo

OK, 1 and a half episodes in and I love it. My kind of madness.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
OK, 1 and a half episodes in and I love it. My kind of madness.
Its totally insane and Chris meloni as sax is epic, every scene he's in is class and tbh the entire cast is great.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Netflix has cancelled a few shows I like recently. I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Netflix has cancelled a few shows I like recently. I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription.
Like someone mentioned I didn't realise it was a syfy show that Netflix distributed it worldwide, here's hoping Netflix save it.

Reddy Rederson

Just finished season two only to be greeted by the news that once again syfy has fecked me over. Not happy!

Come on netflix, just one more season. You can do it!

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Thank you @marukomu for bringing this show to my attention, it's brilliant and Nick Sax is fecking awesome.

Can we start a #HappySeason3 movement ? Kind of like the #glazersout one but actually successful.