Harry Amass

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not sure how much credit we can really claim when we pinched him in summer :lol:
The credit goes to the scouting team at youth level which was led by David Harrison. And we also had the likes of Jamahl Jarrett and Stephen Ajewole focused on player identification down south. So the credit goes to both the team of scouts and the coaching staff at youth level who have combined together to create a winning machine. Special mention for Adam Lawrence who has done a tremendous job coaching the youth for the last couple of years.

In Rainbows

He’s so good I genuinely think he would also be great in midfield.
I feel like that would be a waste though. You can find midfielders with that skillset. You won't find LBs with that type of press resistance. We want Mainoos all over the pitch theoretically.

leontas

Surely deserved some playing time this season given our dearth of left-back options. Would've been a better option that Amrabat or even AWB on that side.

Bertie Wooster

Very enjoyable, classy player to watch - and he's been absolute quality this season.

Such a shame he wasn't a year older when the first team left back issues occurred, as would be great to see him get first team opportunities at some point. But we've done the right thing not throwing him in at just 17 and instead letting him have such a positive end to the season with two more U18 trophies, while also benefitting from first team squad involvement.

Would be lovely for him to end such a great season by getting to make his debut in either of the last two league games.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Had his right foot in a protective boot yesterday. Would be gutted for the lad if misses the U17s Euros.

Bertie Wooster

Had his right foot in a protective boot yesterday. Would be gutted for the lad if misses the U17s Euros.
Bugger, that's a real shame for him.

Hopefully he'll be available for the Euro's but, if he isn't, especially hope that he's available for pre-season.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Surely deserved some playing time this season given our dearth of left-back options. Would've been a better option that Amrabat or even AWB on that side.
The Fm player in me agrees and Im sure ETH was tempted but the reality is with how badly we were playing it might have really hurt his development to be flung in and caught out by savvy Prem wingers. Esoecially as our lads just refuse to track back. I hope he gets into the U21s next season then we can slowly integrate him the year after

next_number_seven

He can’t do anything else at this level anyway. He’s really class! He’s built like Dan James though. I used to wince when players streamed into him. I fancy him to get some minutes in the cups next season and then probably a loan
We should loan him to Wrexham

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
very skillful left footed player but lack of quick first step. I am not quite convinced he can make it here. I would be happy if it is proven wrong in the future

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We should loan him to Wrexham
Shaw was always a physically strong player and a promising attacker probably worth around 25 million old money at 16. He is going to be a hard act to improve upon but someone reliable and explosive pushing into the team along with him would keep everyone happy. I want it to be Amass! He was immense this year but i would loan certain players to Salford Wrexham Ipswich INEOS etc and anyone else who will mind the lads and provide a platform at a suitable level to establish themselves as early as possible. Chelsea and City are good at this but I think our youth system has also been developing very solid PL and international level players. The standard is high again.

Last edited:

In Rainbows

very skillful left footed player but lack of quick first step. I am not quite convinced he can make it here. I would be happy if it is proven wrong in the future
Yeah, but even if he's still not all that athletic, he should become more athletic than he currently is. Either way, his playstyle to me would be more like a central midfielder in the LB spot. Could be great in a system where the LB steps into the midfield space vacated by others. He would help us dominate possession.

Bondi77

He looks good, sound defensively, good technically.
Erik will like him I think.

top1whoisman

Scout
Nice! Fit enough to be called into the U17s Euros squad. One hell of a squad, but they’ve got one hell of a group too.

BabySinclair

Nice! Fit enough to be called into the U17s Euros squad. One hell of a squad, but they’ve got one hell of a group too.
It doesn't happen often that our youngsters are involved in a youth tournament therefore this is fantastic.

Shea Lacey is injured otherwise he would be surely in the squad too.

And oh yeah this group is really a crazy group considering the nations in the other three groups :wenger:

I'm not allowed yet to create a thread therefore i would be nice if someone could make a thread for the U17 Euros in the "Football Forum" :)

blackgoku

It doesn't happen often that our youngsters are involved in a youth tournament therefore this is fantastic.

And oh yeah this group is really a crazy group considering the nations in the other three groups :wenger:

I'm not allowed yet to create a thread therefore i would be nice if someone could make a thread for the U17 Euros in the "Football Forum" :)
I'd love to see a match thread for each of England games too. This will be the first time I watch a youth Euro finals, even though most of the games will be started at like 1:30 AM in my time zone.

top1whoisman

Scout

I'd love to see a match thread for each of England games too. This will be the first time I watch a youth Euro finals, even though most of the games will be started at like 1:30 AM in my time zone.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/u17s-european-championships.482752/

Doesn't make sense to make separate match threads as the interest won't be that high.

lysglimt

Scout
The Everton-goalie is the one we and Chelsea have been linked to - apparently a HUGE talent

In Rainbows

Shea Lacey being injured is like a rerun of the Angel Gomes Euros injury episode.

Ekeke

Any chance he could eventually move to a more attacking wide role like Bale and Saka did?
Yes. He's talented enough. I would say I have seen some hunger for him to win the ball and defend so he's well suited to left back but he does have enough ability to play further forward with a very good first touch, can beat a player and good passing.

next_number_seven

Looks good enough to make few appearances next season.
Assuming Shaw and Malacia will be back so we can introduce him slowly.

Does anyone know what's he like in terms of pace?

It's difficult to tell. Is he average maybe, neither particularly fast nor slow.

He's excellent technically.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Yes. He's talented enough. I would say I have seen some hunger for him to win the ball and defend so he's well suited to left back but he does have enough ability to play further forward with a very good first touch, can beat a player and good passing.
Don’t you think with his range of passing and ability to beat players, he would be wasted at LB? An attacking player who can do his defensive duties would actually make him even more of a complete player.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Don’t you think with his range of passing and ability to beat players, he would be wasted at LB? An attacking player who can do his defensive duties would actually make him even more of a complete player.
It takes different skill sets/profiles to beat players in different areas of the pitch. Amass is as effective as he is because he is generally coming on to the play, it allows him to see the whole field, take up good positions and play smart passes. Those sort of things can be lessened when moving a player further forward.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Don't see him struggling in the video above unless they omitted those bits? Didn't watch the game...
Yes they have. He was caught a couple of times by the tricky winger, and one horrendous little pass in his own box, which could have looked worse as the player he passed to didn't move towards the ball at all, allowing the Spanish player to get the ball in a very dangerous position, the defender actually defended that well.
Overall Amass was very good, apart from an obvious lack of blistering pace, and one bad error, he doesn't look 100% fit to me.
He is a very promising player, but not yet ready for first team football, but towards the end of next season I can see him, depending on signings, getting a place on the bench, all depends on whether he gets a growth spurt.
Also Jack Fletcher I thought was also very good, reminded me of Carrick in some respects.

Last edited: