Harry Kane backing into defenders

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
There's a thread on this? :lol:

Didnt know he does this regularly. Could've been a red for me.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Man just pure elbowed someone :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He used to go under people when they were jumping in an attempt to injure them; yet somehow always got the foul in his favour.

Oranges038

He's good at it and gets away with it.

It's actually quite the skill.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

The thread wasn't for that kind of backing in tbf. He had a habit of quite dangerously backing into defenders that are jumping in the air

There was nothing in that earlier. Fair enough had he actually raised his elbows to head height bit he didn't. Defender was stooping.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The thread wasn't for that kind of backing in tbf. He had a habit of quite dangerously backing into defenders that are jumping in the air

There was nothing in that earlier. Fair enough had he actually raised his elbows to head height bit he didn't. Defender was stooping.
Ah I see.

Re the situation just now, the look over the shoulder made it seem very deliberate.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

I forgot there was a thread, but it used to infuriate my dad who broke his collar bone by someone doing this in his playing days.

He always got away with everything in the prem, so good to see a strong ref seeing it for what it is.

Joel Miller

He’s a right dirty player. Not surprised he needed a penalty to get in the scoresheet too since he generally doesn’t do open play goals in big football matches.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
One of the dirtiest players around. He’s done that for years. Feels like he’s trying to injure his opponent.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I am always surprised when I watch him back in and under players that he doesn’t get penalized for it. It really is dangerous and should be a yellow card

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I am always surprised when I watch him back in and under players that he doesn’t get penalized for it. It really is dangerous and should be a yellow card
I'd say backing into players like that is closer to a red, a player being tipped in the air like that has no real control how they will land, if said player falls backwards, its a possible broken neck.

Especially when you see how soft red cards are given these days.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah he's a total bellend for doing this, it's so dangerous. The only serious injury I ever got from playing (massively amateur) football was exactly that type of foul, it's super sneaky and dangerous. Deserves more attention and penalising.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Yeah he's a total bellend for doing this, it's so dangerous. The only serious injury I ever got from playing (massively amateur) football was exactly that type of foul, it's super sneaky and dangerous. Deserves more attention and penalising.
I agree but why has he got away with it for so long

Mike Smalling

They need to start penalizing this heavily. The way he looks back at the defender every single time is such a tell, that he knows exactly what he's doing. It's actually pretty despicable that he is willing to endanger his fellow professionals this often. It's basically like making a knee-high challenge, and he seems to do it every other game.

tomaldinho1

I remember the Athletic did an article on this and called Kane out.

If you are a follower of the Premier League, you might have seen it being referred to as “Harry Kane’s signature move”. There is plenty of evidence, after all, to cite Kane as a repeat offender. He has pulled this trick on several occasions. And, worse, the Tottenham Hotspur striker has shown that if you master the technique, it is possible to make it work for the benefit of your own team.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Most here clearly not even seen the incident.

Probably should still have been a red though.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

They need to start penalizing this heavily. The way he looks back at the defender every single time is such a tell, that he knows exactly what he's doing. It's actually pretty despicable that he is willing to endanger his fellow professionals this often. It's basically like making a knee-high challenge, and he seems to do it every other game.
I agree but why has he got away with it for so long
That's the infuriating part - he knows what he's doing, and it's such a cnut move. He'll never be called out by the English media because... Harry Kane, Captain Lionheart (that will go missing at any big opportunity but whatever), but even oppo coaches or whatever have never really said anything about it I believe.