Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

OrcaFat

Of course Rice should compete but he has the flexibility to be something else as well, he fits the ball carrying box-to-box role as well as CB cover, the money he will cost can be put against the money we would save not having to fill those postions at the same time

Ideally we would want both Rashford and Garnacho, but realistically if either one isn't playing as often as they think they should then it becomes an issue and I can see that happening in the near future
Rice would be a good buy I think. I’m not sure if he has enough quality at no8 but he would certainly push to get in the XI, which is the sort of player we need.

A good pro should relish competition and improve. Let’s say Garnacho leaves because he’s not getting enough games, would you favour signing someone better than him so that Rashford starts not getting games or someone worse who doesn’t mind sitting on the bench?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Rice would be a good buy I think. I’m not sure if he has enough quality at no8 but he would certainly push to get in the XI, which is the sort of player we need.

A good pro should relish competition and improve. Let’s say Garnacho leaves because he’s not getting enough games, would you favour signing someone better than him so that Rashford starts not getting games or someone worse who doesn’t mind sitting on the bench?
A good pro should but this is the generation of we want it now, 1 club players aren't too common these days

Rashford, as good as he has been is a little too one-dimensional, his speed coupled with space is his best asset, without space he tends to struggle, he's not very good at holding up the ball and linking play that way, unless he can gain those skills he's essentially a LW, we already know he's not effective on the right.

Garnacho is potentially a generational talent, with more experience he will gain all the attributes of Rashford, he's also several years younger, he could probably be as effective on the RW as the LW in which case having both isn't an issue, but if he's seen as a LW then he's vying for the same position, in that scenario I see one of them going

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t see how buying Kane, Mount and Rice this summer is any different than the absolute shite we've been served up for the last 10 years. Obvious transfers with no plan other than they're available and fancy a payday or the manager 'rates' them.

2023*
  • Harry Kane: £70m
  • Declan Rice: £70m
  • Mason Mount: £55m
  • Marouane Fellaini: £27.5m
  • Juan Mata: £37.1m
  • Angel di Maria: £59.7m
  • Ander Herrera: £29m
  • Luke Shaw: £27m
  • Marcos Rojo: £16m
  • Daley Blind: £13.8m
  • Radamel Falcao: Loan
  • Anthony Martial: £36m
  • Memphis Depay: £25m
  • Morgan Schneiderlin: £24m
  • Matteo Darmian: £12.7m
  • Bastian Schweinsteiger: £6.5m
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Free
  • Paul Pogba: £89m
  • Eric Bailly: £30m
  • Henrikh Mkhitaryan: £30m
  • Romelu Lukaku: £75m
  • Nemanja Matic: £40m
  • Victor Lindelof: £31m
  • Alexis Sanchez: Swap
  • Fred: £47m
  • Diogo Dalot: £19m
  • Harry Maguire: £80m
  • Aaron Wan-Bissaka: £50m
  • Dan James: £15m
  • Bruno Fernandes: £47m
  • Hannibal Mejbri: £9m
  • Odion Ighalo: Loan
  • Donny van de Beek: £35m
  • Alex Telles: £13m
  • Amad: £19m
  • Facundo Pellistri: £7m
  • Edinson Cavani: Free
  • Cristiano Ronaldo: £12.8m
  • Jadon Sancho: £73m
  • Raphael Varane: £34m
  • Tyrell Malacia: £13m
  • Lisandro Martinez: £46m
  • Christian Eriksen: Free
  • Casemiro: £60m
  • Antony: £81m

gajender

If we sign Kane, Rice and Mount, we will challenge for the league next year. Mark my words.
Without Upgrading De Gea I simply can't see United putting Up genuine title challenge which survives till final couple of weeks of the season .

davidmichael

If Kane doesn’t push for the move this summer and is happy to stay at Spurs for another year then that’s on him and he’ll get no sympathy from anyone if Spurs end up 8th-10th next season, as someone already said you do have to question his mentality even if his loyalty is admirable.

I know Napoli have said Osimhen will cost €150 million but if United are apparently setting aside £100 million for Kane which I believe is €115 million then you’d think Napoli would take that amount themselves.

If Kane or Osimhen aren’t available then we should go all out for Ferguson at Brighton as he’s as good as every other potential signing outside of Kane and Osimhen but Ferguson would be a long term investment, Ferguson would be much cheaper than Kane which leaves more money for other targets and we could still go for Kane on a free in 2024.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If Kane doesn’t push for the move this summer and is happy to stay at Spurs for another year then that’s on him and he’ll get no sympathy from anyone if Spurs end up 8th-10th next season, as someone already said you do have to question his mentality even if his loyalty is admirable.

I know Napoli have said Osimhen will cost €150 million but if United are apparently setting aside £100 million for Kane which I believe is €115 million then you’d think Napoli would take that amount themselves.

If Kane or Osimhen aren’t available then we should go all out for Ferguson at Brighton as he’s as good as every other potential signing outside of Kane and Osimhen but Ferguson would be a long term investment, Ferguson would be much cheaper than Kane which leaves more money for other targets and we could still go for Kane on a free in 2024.
Never gonna happen, the Napoli chairman is famously Levy x 1000

Mercurial

I don’t see how buying Kane, Mount and Rice this summer is any different than the absolute shite we've been served up for the last 10 years. Obvious transfers with no plan other than they're available and fancy a payday or the manager 'rates' them.

2023*
We wasted so many £ on total duds

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Because it wouldn’t be. Apart from Kane, that’s two high profile, expensive, high salary signings who don’t actually stylistically fit properly.

IF such a window ends in that manner, I can only assume the scouting network we have are being overlooked for the ‘manager rating them’ as you say - which we’ve seen countless times post-SAF.

lex talionis

If we sign Kane, Rice and Mount, we will challenge for the league next year. Mark my words.
Spot on.

Posters who scoff at this may not be fully aware of the meaning of the word “challenge”. As in “challenge for the title”.

What most of us want is a lock on the title but there in no realistic path to that whatsoever. All we can do is bring in the best players possible and then hope fortune goes our way.

December_16

Spot on.

Posters who scoff at this may not be fully aware of the meaning of the word “challenge”. As in “challenge for the title”.

What most of us want is a lock on the title but there in no realistic path to that whatsoever. All we can do is bring in the best players possible and then hope fortune goes our way.
Exactly, thank you. We haven’t challenged at all for the league since SAF retired. With improvements to the starting XI and the squad, we can. If we’re there or thereabout next April, then the rest is down to squad depth, mentality and luck. I really do believe the likes of Kane, Rice and Mount provide that extra factor for us to at least challenge.

ForeverRed1

2023*
Neither kane or rice are going for 70mil. Try 100mil each. If we add those three we suddenly are much stronger. Rice is PL proven and solid. Kane is certified world class goal scorer. Mount was Chelsea’s player of the season over 21/22, even during CL winning season. If ETH can get that back out of him he is a very good player. Those three players along instantly improve us

OrcaFat

I don’t think we’d be all that far away but the balance of the team will still be in question in terms of being able to regularly field a team that has both enough defensive solidity and enough creativity / attacking penetration.

A top class RB would help with that but the midfield options are still a bit uninspiring.

OrcaFat

A good pro should but this is the generation of we want it now, 1 club players aren't too common these days

Rashford, as good as he has been is a little too one-dimensional, his speed coupled with space is his best asset, without space he tends to struggle, he's not very good at holding up the ball and linking play that way, unless he can gain those skills he's essentially a LW, we already know he's not effective on the right.

Garnacho is potentially a generational talent, with more experience he will gain all the attributes of Rashford, he's also several years younger, he could probably be as effective on the RW as the LW in which case having both isn't an issue, but if he's seen as a LW then he's vying for the same position, in that scenario I see one of them going
Well, you could be right but any player who’d rather leave than fight for his place is probably best off out of here.

The main difference between us and City is that they have more good players than us. Pep doesn’t worry about players whingeing about game time, he gets rid of them crybabies. He actively wants players in the team to fear losing their place to guys on the bench. That’s what we need here.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Well, you could be right but any player who’d rather leave than fight for his place is probably best off out of here.

The main difference between us and City is that they have more good players than us. Pep doesn’t worry about players whingeing about game time, he gets rid of them crybabies. He actively wants players in the team to fear losing their place to guys on the bench. That’s what we need here.
Ultimately yes you are correct but it's not happening anytime soon IMO

FattyFooty

2023*
I dont see anyone close to what Kane is now.

This is not the same. Kane would be more like a RVP signing.

December_16

I don’t think we’d be all that far away but the balance of the team will still be in question in terms of being able to regularly field a team that has both enough defensive solidity and enough creativity / attacking penetration.

A top class RB would help with that but the midfield options are still a bit uninspiring.
If we ain’t that far away, then we have a chance. In order to have that chance, we need strength in depth (provided by quality backup players, not just squad fillers). I also dont think we need a midfield of Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta or Casemiro/Modric/Kroos level of quality to win the league. We need consistency and quality backup is my view.

Hammondo

2023*
That is true, but how is it any better? How is it changing our bad transfer strategy?

Wing Attack Plan R

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

2023*
I'm stunned that after all we've been hearing about a new, modern structure being put in place, our transfer strategy is still just handing over a wad of cash to the manager and telling him "sign players you like". Surely this time it'll finally work!

cyberman

2023*
To be fair how are Kane and Rice not long term targets? What’s obvious about Mount? Seemed like a shock to everyone here when he was linked

Wing Attack Plan R

2023*
2017 it all went tits up and we stopped trying to even make sense with transfers. 2015 I had such high hopes for those transfers!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He'll go abroad then if he is to leave. Madrid, Bayern or Barcelona. Could do us a favour really.
Kane wants that PL record he isn’t going abroad.

Why are you so against signing Kane? Out of interest? £100M outlay on a 30yr old who could win you a UCL or a PL or two

Woodzy

Something like that. Sounds like he's trying to put pressure on the hierarchy to make a decision one way or another about a certain player's future.
I think he's simply suggesting another one of our attackers will need to start chipping in with the goals personally.