Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Mainoldo

I can see Levy selling to Real, no problem. If Kane doesn't want to go there to replace Benzema, he'd be absolutely mad. It would benefit English national team football massively as well.
Kane doesn’t care about non of that and Beckham moving to Madrid did nothing to the National team.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Kane doesn’t care about non of that and Beckham moving to Madrid did nothing to the National team.
What, joining a successful team? Would have thought that would be his primary motive. He'd become a winner at Madrid, which is the only thing he's lacking. He could then transfer that to the national team.

Telsim

Interesting development, if true. He'd be crazy not to accept. They have a team that's ready to go. Could finally win some silverware.

Mainoldo

What, joining a successful team? Would have thought that would be his primary motive. He'd become a winner at Madrid, which is the only thing he's lacking. He could then transfer that to the national team.
He don’t care about playing in Spain winning anything at Madrid.

Stick to the topic. I’m not saying he wouldn’t play for the best team in World football. What I’m saying is he’d rather stay in England, break Shearer’s record and move to one of England’s big clubs like us.

Transfer what to the National team? It’s not nothing we haven’t seen before.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Perfect out for Levy. If Kane wont sign a new contract, this is the perfect way for Spurs to save face. Selling him to United and watching him win trophies would be professional suicide for Levy.
Yeah my thoughts exactly, especially the “saving face” part which I think will be very important to Levy. We really need to move onto other options now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He don’t care about playing in Spain winning anything at Madrid.

Stick to the topic. I’m not saying he wouldn’t play for the best team in World football. What I’m saying is he’d rather stay in England, break Shearer’s record and move to one of England’s big clubs like us.

Transfer what to the National team? It’s not nothing we haven’t seen before.
I am sure he would prefer it to be in England but the only place that's guaranteed right now is city. I am sticking to the topic? I'm sure he would love to do that, but would say a lot about him if he turned down the opportunity to play and be first choice striker for Real Madrid in pursuit of a personal accolade.

Varun

Staff
Levy would much rather sell to Real obviously but Kane has always come across as someone who'd want the PL record. Wonder if he says No

cyberman

I am sure he would prefer it to be in England but the only place that's guaranteed right now is city. I am sticking to the topic? I'm sure he would love to do that, but would say a lot about him if he turned down the opportunity to play and be first choice striker for Real Madrid in pursuit of a personal accolade.
Why? The worlds best talent are coming to England for a reason. It’s not a cop out, it’s wanting to stay and play in the worlds greatest league.
There’s also the thought that any star joining Madrid now is joining them when the party’s over

Mainoldo

He’s stayed at Spurs for so long I don’t get why people think he had a burning desire to win. Yes I’m sure he wants the trophies etc. But it’s not like he needs to be at the best club he just needs to be somewhere which has a chance.

Spurs are nowhere near that. If Liverpool needed a striker or he could go Arsenal he would be at them clubs. It has nothing to do with guaranteed success. He just needs to be at a top club.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Kane is our first choice ST but if we cannot complete a deal with Levy i think we should turn our focus on Lautaro Martinez he will fit perfectly in our squad and i think ETH can get the best out of him.

He is 20 goals per season striker in Seria A and he is only 4 goals behind Osimhen this season who i think its overhyped regardless of his qualities.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Real remain one of the biggest and most attractive clubs on the planet. They also play in a league that has largely been a two horse race over the last couple of decades and made it to the CL semi-finals just this year.

If Kane has other reasons for opting to stay in England that's one thing but if it's actually just that goal record then his priorities for his own career are pretty fecked. Especially if he opts to stay with Spurs of all teams.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Going from Benzema to Kane is just going from an old striker to a little less older one.

I can’t see Real Madrid going for Kane. It’s time they find a young striker and deal with the consequences.

foolsgold

Everyone talking abut Kane "wanting the PL record" but I've never heard him talk about it, is there any actual source for this ?

He's already Spurs leading scorer, if the option came to go to Madrid and compete for the top trophies why wouldn't he take it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Going from Benzema to Kane is just going from an old striker to a little less older one.

I can’t see Real Madrid going for Kane. It’s time they find a young striker and deal with the consequences.
Kane is 6 years younger than Benzema. I'd say that's more than a 'little less older'

cyberman

Everyone talking abut Kane "wanting the PL record" but I've never heard him talk about it, is there any actual source for this ?

He's already Spurs leading scorer, if the option came to go to Madrid and compete for the top trophies why wouldn't he take it.
"I'm sure you guys will be talking about that," Kane said of Shearer's record. "It's always there in the back of my mind but I just take it game-by-game, season-by-season. "It's definitely there to be broken and I'm feeling good and feeling fit so we'll see what happens. "It's been an amazing journey

flappyjay

Kane is 6 years younger than Benzema. I'd say that's more than a 'little less older'
People in the thread using weak points for Kane staying. The sad reality as a United fan hoping for Kane is Madrid being outside of England makes this a better deal for spurs. Kane's main reason for leaving Spurs is trophies and he is sure to get the big ones at Madrid.

crossy1686

career ending
there aren't any obvious ways to get a good striker solution for a whole lot cheaper than Kane though

who is a solid option for say 50m?
I don't know mate but you would hope that the scouting network, along with Ten Hag have identified other options than Harry Kane, otherwise what's the point? And what happens if Kane doesn't want to leave this summer? We just wait? We will have other targets in mind, I'm sure about that.

Martial hasn't exactly worked out but we'd never heard of him when he joined, they'll be similar out there right now.

matsdf

You get 12/1 on him joining Real (only 1/1 on United), so if you really believe Kane would move out of the PL I suggest you take a punt.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why? The worlds best talent are coming to England for a reason. It’s not a cop out, it’s wanting to stay and play in the worlds greatest league.
There’s also the thought that any star joining Madrid now is joining them when the party’s over
Yeah, money. Let's not pretend otherwise.
I doubt that very much.
He’s stayed at Spurs for so long I don’t get why people think he had a burning desire to win. Yes I’m sure he wants the trophies etc. But it’s not like he needs to be at the best club he just needs to be somewhere which has a chance.

Spurs are nowhere near that. If Liverpool needed a striker or he could go Arsenal he would be at them clubs. It has nothing to do with guaranteed success. He just needs to be at a top club.
I fecking hope a player we're supposed to be interested has a burning desire to win.

If he's just bothered about the record, then stay at spurs, get your pay day on a free and good luck to him. That made sense when an option like Real was on the table, but it should change things in my mind.

Strange point seeing as a big premise of the argument for us to get him is he has 4+ years at the top level.

Suv666

I mean if Madrid is in for him can’t see us getting him. He would be challenging for CL every year and he won’t be joining a rival. Win- win situation for Spurs and Kane.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I mean if Madrid is in for him can’t see us getting him. He would be challenging for CL every year and he won’t be joining a rival. Win- win situation for Spurs and Kane.
Kane is hell bent on being the leading EPL goal scorer.

Tarrou

I don't know mate but you would hope that the scouting network, along with Ten Hag have identified other options than Harry Kane, otherwise what's the point? And what happens if Kane doesn't want to leave this summer? We just wait? We will have other targets in mind, I'm sure about that.

Martial hasn't exactly worked out but we'd never heard of him when he joined, they'll be similar out there right now.
Martial cost 40m and that was like 8 years ago so even if there is a Martial out there he's costing us not far off Kane money

I am sure there are others we're looking at.. I just don't see an obvious route to saving a whole lot of money without taking a big risk on having another striker-less season like this one

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I would love Kane in Madrid, a superb striker.
Age is not such a big problem. Look at Benzema winning the ballon d'or at 35, Lewa top scorer in la liga at 34.
Three years would be ideal, with Vini and Rodrygo, with Endrick gradually coming into the team.
We could sell him for a decent price at 32/33 and back in England we would get the record.
The problem is that it clashes head on with the idea of going for Haaland in 2024, although on the other hand if Benzema leaves they have to look for a top level alternative, which could be Rodrygo as a striker and look for a right winger.

crossy1686

career ending
Martial cost 40m and that was like 8 years ago so even if there is a Martial out there he's costing us not far off Kane money

I am sure there are others we're looking at.. I just don't see an obvious route to saving a whole lot of money without taking a big risk on having another striker-less season like this one
That's with all the add-ons that will never get realised. He isn't going to win a Ballon D'or, and neither will most players.

No one knew who Haaland was a couple of seasons ago then he played some Champions League games and we all knew who he was. It doesn't take much but these players exist out there. We don't need a complete forward anyway, we just need a goal scorer with Weghorts pressing. There's got to be a striker in South America that got a bag full this season that some mid table Italian team are going to take the plunge on. There's no reason we can't do the same.

Don't Kill Bill

People in the thread using weak points for Kane staying. The sad reality as a United fan hoping for Kane is Madrid being outside of England makes this a better deal for spurs. Kane's main reason for leaving Spurs is trophies and he is sure to get the big ones at Madrid.
They are a huge draw in world football but,

They are buying Bellingham for 100 million Euros. Can they afford Kane as well in the same window?

cyberman

I doubt that very much.

I fecking hope a player we're supposed to be interested has a burning desire to win.

If he's just bothered about the record, then stay at spurs, get your pay day on a free and good luck to him. That made sense when an option like Real was on the table, but it should change things in my mind.

Strange point seeing as a big premise of the argument for us to get him is he has 4+ years at the top level.
Top stars get money wherever they go. Spain had all the stars when they paid top dollar and now they’re gravitating to England when our league has the money. That’s the reality of football

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think Kane would chose us over Madrid to be honest. Think he’d rather win trophies in England than the copa del rey. He’s never won a trophy in England so why would he bail before doing so? Also I think Madrid will go all out for mbappe and have him as their number 1 striker. Kane will increase our chances of winning bigger trophies and he knows we’re ready to challenge for the big ones. We’ve already won 1 trophy this season without a proper striker and we’re in the final of another. Other than city in the prem I’d say we’re the 2nd team that’s most likely to win things. If he chooses to stay in the prem then it’s only us he’s joining. City don’t need a ST and he won’t join any London team so that just leaves us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I doubt that very much.

It’s more to do with Vinicius, Rodrygo, Valverdes, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Eder Militao and even Bellingham’s ages than Kane’s.

They have experienced players - I don’t think they exactly need a 30 year old striker. It’s time they build around their younger squad players than build an old team right now.

On the other hand - we have players who are in their prime and are experienced like Casemiro, Varane, Bruno, Eriksen, Shaw, Lindelof and De Gea who have yet to really win anything of significance with us - so going for another experienced player to let us get over that line makes sense to me rather than Real Madrid replacing a 36 year old striker with a 30 year old one whilst they have to check up on the futures of experienced players like Kroos and Modric as well.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Age is not such a big problem. Look at Benzema winning the ballon d'or at 35, Lewa top scorer in la liga at 34.
Three years would be ideal, with Vini and Rodrygo, with Endrick gradually coming into the team.
We could sell him for a decent price at 32/33 and back in England we would get the record.
The problem is that it clashes head on with the idea of going for Haaland in 2024, although on the other hand if Benzema leaves they have to look for a top level alternative, which could be Rodrygo as a striker and look for a right winger.
You reckon you get Haaland next summer? Based on what?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Haaland and City just had your pants down in front of the world - why would he leave city for Madrid next year?