Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Tarrou

That's with all the add-ons that will never get realised. He isn't going to win a Ballon D'or, and neither will most players.

No one knew who Haaland was a couple of seasons ago then he played some Champions League games and we all knew who he was. It doesn't take much but these players exist out there. We don't need a complete forward anyway, we just need a goal scorer with Weghorts pressing. There's got to be a striker in South America that got a bag full this season that some mid table Italian team are going to take the plunge on. There's no reason we can't do the same.
sure we can do the same but it's a massive risk and could screw up an entire season

those sort of purchases have the best chance of success if the player has time to bed in, get used to the country, language, his teammates etc.. and isn't expected to start right away (eg City with Alvarez)

we've put ourselves in a weak position and next season we need a ready-made striker, it's as simple as that

Hughes35

If Kane wants the move, he can make it happen. It would involve him actively pushing for Utd though.

This is a signing I'd absolutely love to see.

Martial scored 6 goals this year and Ronaldo scored 1.

If Kane came in, there is a very good chance he'd score 25 goals. That immediately adds another 18 goals to the team, which in my opinion would probably be worth around 15 points and makes us title challengers.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You reckon you get Haaland next summer? Based on what?
This is what the press has been repeating for some time, a clause that would allow him to leave or negotiate (I don't know exactly) from June 2024.
I think the plan was Karim one more season and then look for him, or maybe again the Mbappe story.

cheekybackheel

Haaland and City just had your pants down in front of the world - why would he leave city for Madrid next year?
Because Madrid is still a way bigger team than City, regardless of the win in the CL. They have history.

Most players would pick Madrid over City, just look at Bellingham. City didn't even enter his thoughts. The pulling power of Madrid is huge, again, look at Ronaldo at his peak when playing for us. We couldn't keep hold of him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This is what the press has been repeating for some time, a clause that would allow him to leave or negotiate (I don't know exactly) from June 2024.
I think the plan was Karim one more season and then look for him, or maybe again the Mbappe story.
I am not convinced you'd pay him what City does, and have Madrid signed anyone from City?

I hope you do it :lol: but yeah im skeptical.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If he wants to come to United he’s going to have to fight for it. He’s going to have to kick up a major fuss, really channel that frustration from not being allowed to join City. If he rolls over for Levy again, he is basically done. City have Haaland now, we will sign a striker, Chelsea will sign a striker, Liverpool have Gakpo and Nunez. This is his Sheringham/Berba moment. His last real chance to join a winning club and achieve something domestically.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I am not convinced you'd pay him what City does, and have Madrid signed anyone from City?

I hope you do it :lol: but yeah im skeptical.
Yes, of course, I am skeptical too.
I imagine that in addition to a great project they will offer him a monstrous contract, or commissions everywhere but they will have to replace Benzema with an elite player. Then of course the exit clauses are always a joke (see Mbappe).

BerryBerryShrew

If that Madrid link is accurate then he will definitely go there. Can't see him turning Madrid down, replacing Benzema as their man up front.
47 PL goals behind Shearer.

I'd say that he has no intention of leaving these shores until he achieves that record.

redshaw

Would be a great opportunity to go to Madrid.

I don't see him kicking up as much fuss for us as he did for definite big trophies with Pep's Abu Dhabi.

United would need to offer 160m+ for Levy to even think twice.

Last edited:

BerryBerryShrew

I think he can console himself with some league titles, or a Champions League
If it was a choice where he had to fight his way out of Spurs to go to another PL team I'd agree, but Madrid knocking? Not sure that will matter too much.
I was going to argue but then I remembered that I was adamant that Bellingham would move to a PL club this summer so I'm probably not the best judge of a player's motivations!

The upside of a Madrid move for Kane:
- Pretty much guaranteed some form of silverware
- Makes bank relative to his Spurs wage
- Keeps his Spurs legacy with their fans intact to a greater degree than if he moved to another PL side

The downside of a move to Real:
- Can't break the PL scoring record
- Can't win the PL (this would probably matter a lot more to him than a La Liga)
- Has to uproot his young family to live in a foreign country
- Real fans would be far less inclined to give him a bedding in period at the club than we would be. He would be under savage pressure to hit the ground running there whereas he would get more leeway here as we see up close every week how good he is in our own league.

It would be very interesting to see him there though - he's a clever forward like Benzema so you'd imagine he'd link beautifully with Vinicius.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Because Madrid is still a way bigger team than City, regardless of the win in the CL. They have history.

Most players would pick Madrid over City, just look at Bellingham. City didn't even enter his thoughts. The pulling power of Madrid is huge, again, look at Ronaldo at his peak when playing for us. We couldn't keep hold of him.
Yeah they’re a much bigger club, and if city win loads next year too he might want a new challenge. I guess city getting found guilty by the premier league could also change things.

I don’t think it’s a given though. He’s being paid obscenely to break records and play for a club that shits trophies. Sucks to say it but he might spend his entire peak at city.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Plenty of players turn Madrid down
True, but a chance like this to replace Benzema to be their main man up top, chance to win huge trophies and playing in front of an exciting young team. Seems like a huge opportunity I think he would be silly to turn down. Again, assuming the reports are accurate.

I was going to argue but then I remembered that I was adamant that Bellingham would move to a PL club this summer so I'm probably not the best judge of a player's motivations!

The upside of a Madrid move for Kane:
- Pretty much guaranteed some form of silverware
- Makes bank relative to his Spurs wage
- Keeps his Spurs legacy with their fans intact to a greater degree than if he moved to another PL side

The downside of a move to Real:
- Can't break the PL scoring record
- Can't win the PL (this would probably matter a lot more to him than a La Liga)
- Has to uproot his young family to live in a foreign country
- Real fans would be far less inclined to give him a bedding in period at the club than we would be. He would be under savage pressure to hit the ground running there whereas he would get more leeway here as we see up close every week how good he is in our own league.

It would be very interesting to see him there though - he's a clever forward like Benzema so you'd imagine he'd link beautifully with Vinicius.
I think he would be great there for sure. If he wasn't to come here I'd be intrigued to see how well he would do there.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Madrid link will be Levy driving the price up. Other clubs know he’d love to ship Kane outside of his rivals.

Wilt

If Kane pushes hard for Utd think Levy will sell. To turn down £millions and keep a player who wants away makes no sense. Plus the incoming Spurs manager will want to know if there will be Kane transfer money to use.

Mainoldo

I think you're underestimating the pulling power of Madrid. I don't see Haaland spending more than 3-5 years at City. They just don't have the prestige and never will.
Simply put he’s English 29/30. He’s not leaving the Prem to go Madrid when he can just got United.

Winning la Liga means diddly squat to him when he can break Alan Shearer’s record and get trophies at United.

MegadrivePerson

Madrid would be a sensible move for Kane. He'd have a very good chance at winning the league and Champions League next year.

Real could then potentially sell him to City next summer if Haaland wants to go to Madrid.

Siorac

Simply put he’s English 29/30. He’s not leaving the Prem to go Madrid when he can just got United.

Winning la Liga means diddly squat to him when he can break Alan Shearer’s record and get trophies at United.
Were Gareth Bale or Michael Owen less British than Kane?

Giggsy13

He was stupid enough to sign a 6 year deal after they got thoroughly beaten in the champions league final. No surprise then that he’s contemplating staying another year. He can have the PL goal scoring record, but I’m certain he’d trade in 100 goals to have a PL medal or any other trophy for that matter.

Siorac

Real fans would be far less inclined to give him a bedding in period at the club than we would be. He would be under savage pressure to hit the ground running there whereas he would get more leeway here as we see up close every week how good he is in our own league.
Surely we should give him even LESS leeway? One of the main attractions of Kane is supposed to be that he's a safe bet, proven in the Premier League, guaranteed to score goals.

Mainoldo

Were Gareth Bale or Michael Owen less British than Kane?
Owen couldn’t go to Manchester United for obvious reasons. It would have been interesting to see what Bale would have done if SAF had stayed and wanted him.

All these factors matter but of course we can just ignore this and act like we have tones of English players going crazy to play abroad.

It’s actually quite refreshing and new to see so many of our youngsters going to countries like Germany. But it’s not common so don’t pretend it is.

Wilt

All this Madrid talk is just bollocks. Bookies rate Kane to Madrid @16/1

BerryBerryShrew

Surely we should give him even LESS leeway? One of the main attractions of Kane is supposed to be that he's a safe bet, proven in the Premier League, guaranteed to score goals.
Replacing Wout Weghorst? If he never scores for us we'd have a massive improvement in our attacking purely through his movement and playmaking ability. Replacing a class act like Benzema is a lot more difficult and Madrid fans are a fickle bunch.

Also, United fans know Kane is a class operator because we see him (or at least have frequent exposure to his exploits) every week whereas Real fans probably aren't as impressed by him because they haven't followed his career as closely as we have.

Infra-red

My guess is he'll stay at Spurs and move next summer on a free to whoever offers him the best chance of big trophies before he retires.

Siorac

Owen couldn’t go to Manchester United for obvious reasons. It would have been interesting to see what Bale would have done if SAF had stayed and wanted him.

All these factors matter but of course we can just ignore this and act like we have tones of English players going crazy to play abroad.

It’s actually quite refreshing and new to see so many of our youngsters going to countries like Germany. But it’s not common so don’t pretend it is.
I'm just saying the whole 'he's English so he doesn't give a feck about Madrid' is a weird idea. Real Madrid signed English players in the past, they are, by all accounts, about to sign one of most highly rated English midfielders of this generation so clearly top English players aren't averse to going there and why would they be?

The chance to break Shearer's record is a better argument. But if that's his priority, he's in a comfortable position: he doesn't even have to go anywhere to do that.

Wilt

Let's see what they will say if Benzema leaves.
Doesn’t matter what Madrid says ….if Kane wants to stay in the prem there’s nowt they can do about it.

Bookies tend not to give money away, Kane to Madrid is 16/1 for good reason.

Siorac

Replacing Wout Weghorst? If he never scores for us we'd have a massive improvement in our attacking purely through his movement and playmaking ability. Replacing a class act like Benzema is a lot more difficult and Madrid fans are a fickle bunch.

Also, United fans know Kane is a class operator because we see him (or at least have frequent exposure to his exploits) every week whereas Real fans probably aren't as impressed by him because they haven't followed his career as closely as we have.
But following him closely just gives us all the more reason to expect more of the same immediately. If we sign him for 100m, we shouldn't just expect him to be better than Wout Weghorst. A training cone might be able to accomplish that. He should be under savage pressure to deliver right away at United, much like Van Persie did back then. No patience, no adjustment period, no settling in for a season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My guess is he'll stay at Spurs and move next summer on a free to whoever offers him the best chance of big trophies before he retires.
Problem is that this year he has many options (clubs which need no9). Those options will not available next year.
Next year.....it will be only Real i guess.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He won’t go Madrid.

1) He wants to break the PL record.
2) Madrid want Haaland next year

Rolaholic

Could see both sides agreeing to a short term kind of deal of 1-2 years.

Kane gets to challenge for the biggest trophies while getting a chance to go back to the Prem at 31/32 to try to go on and break Shearers record.

Real also get to target Mbappe/Haaland when it's more feasible then

Lecland07

Doesn’t matter what Madrid says ….if Kane wants to stay in the prem there’s nowt they can do about it.

Bookies tend not to give money away, Kane to Madrid is 16/1 for good reason.
You will see that getting a major slash if Benzema actually is confirmed to leave. Betting odds don't really mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. Even if they lose money there, they will just gain it elsewhere.

Wilt

You will see that getting a major slash if Benzema actually is confirmed to leave. Betting odds don't really mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. Even if they lose money there, they will just gain it elsewhere.
Then bet on it.

Doesn’t matter if Benzema stays or not ….don’t see Kane wanting to leave the prem.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Then pay the wages... look at the effect Casemiro and Varane have had.
So you're suggesting United should do what City have been alleged to have done - ie: cheat?