Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Doracle

No we didn't fail.

The outlay needed on Kane was far too obscene.

Levy was never selling Kane to a Premier League for the same amount as Bayern just paid. I don't know why some pretend otherwise.
Doesn’t matter. We persuade Kane then either Levy sells to us now or we get him for free next summer. Again, I’m not sure why this is difficult.

croadyman

No we didn't fail.

Levy was never selling Kane to a Premier League for the same amount as Bayern just paid. I don't know why some pretend otherwise.
Well now we will never know unfortunately

Mercurial

No one was going to pay him £25m a year to stay in England. Now he gets the money and easy trophies.
I guess it's comfy and lucrative for him there and he can rotate a bit. Apart from UCL trophy, I think only Germans care for the domestic bundesliga trophies, I fail to see the allure of something that was won unchallenged.

Eddy_JukeZ

Doesn’t matter. We persuade Kane then either Levy sells to us now or we get him for free next summer. Again, I’m not sure why this is difficult.
Of course it matters. Levy can literally choose not to sell him.

And Kane's reported wages were obscene. The package was astronomical. We were never spending that amount.

RedDevilRoshi

No we didn't fail.

This has been abundantly clear from the get-go. Madness why folk were thinking otherwise.

croadyman

Please don't post anymore what if scenarios or will spend the rest of this window beating myself up for not waiting it out

JagUTD

Levy is completely irrelevant in this saga. I don’t know why people aren’t getting this. The person we needed to persuade is Kane. We’ve failed.
How exactly is Levy irrelevant in all this? Whether we spoke to Kane or not is unknown to us but even if we spoke to him and got encouragement, we still had to deal with Levy.

Short of Kane kicking up a fuss, which is highly unlikely from him, what else can you do.

Do you genuinely believe arguably the best player in the Premier League would have no interest from any club within the League? The single biggest obstacle is Levy which makes him the most relevant person in this saga.

Rolaholic

People won't look at his Bayern tenure as a success unless they win the CL but that's a strong possibility now in my eyes.

They have arguably the best squad in Europe now on paper, only City can compare.

I expect a European golden boot and Ballon D'or shouts in his future

Red the Bear

Something less generic
People won't look at his Bayern tenure as a success unless they win the CL but that's a strong possibility now.

They have arguably the best squad in Europe now on paper, only City can compare
City's still better.
Comfortably.

JagUTD

Is there anyone, anywhere in the world, who gives a solitary feck what Paul Merson thinks about anything?

I bet even his mum rolls her eyes and switches off when he starts talking.
The voice in his head is probably screaming "no you bellend, nooooooo" everytime he opens his mouth or puts pen to paper.

croadyman

Not sure about this. Let's review it at Christmas and at the end of the season when it all pans out . I think our signings are very exciting.
I will probably feel differently come Monday but right now I am absolutely wallowing we didn't activate Kim RC and waited it out for Kane like Bayern did. Two signings I was absolutely desperate for us to make alas it's not to be.

Redcy

Levy is completely irrelevant in this saga. I don’t know why people aren’t getting this. The person we needed to persuade is Kane. We’ve failed.
Levy is the only person who matters, Kane has no say on whose bids get accepted. Kane only matters if you can somehow convince him to kick up a fuss to leave Spurs and he was never doing that. He has shown no backbone or desire to push for a transfer. Its been clear since when City bid for him that Kane will never push to leave the club, so therefore the only person who can decide where Kane might go is Levy.

RedDevilRoshi

Yep that is the brutal truth of this situation and unfortunately there is no hiding from it
We would have all loved to have signed Kane but how many times does it need to be reiterated that Levy was never going to let his most prized asset join us.

Levy was never going to sell Kane to us for the same amount Bayern have paid for him

Blackwidow

People won't look at his Bayern tenure as a success unless they win the CL but that's a strong possibility now in my eyes.

They have arguably the best squad in Europe now on paper, only City can compare.

I expect a European golden boot and Ballon D'or shouts in his future
Being 30 does not mean that there is no room for development anymore. A new system, different players etc. will be a learning curve, too.

And I think actually that people will see it positive that he got out of his comfort zone at Tottenham - unlike all the other English professionals.

RVN1991

Weaker league. 1 horse race. Should have stirred some shit and found a way to stay in EPL.
The Premier League hasn't been a 1 horse race for most of the past decade? Going to Bayern is in no way a weaker move than if he had joined City a few seasons ago and I don't remember very many people having an issue when it looked like it was happening.

croadyman

We would have all loved to have signed Kane but how many times does it need to be reiterated that Levy was never going to let his most prized asset join us.

Levy was never going to sell Kane to us for the same amount Bayern have paid for him
Unfortunately neither of us can prove either way

CM

Shame. Would've been fun to see Bayern getting pied off

Redlyn

He doesn’t have to stay at Spurs - Levy can’t ‘only sell to Bayern’, I wish this daft narrative would stop.
Who said he can only go to Bayern. The fact is that I don't see all these other better bidders? The only good move for him is to see out his contract so that he can join...united because the world starts and ends there? Calling it a bad move is ridiculous.

croadyman

Shame. Would've been fun to see Bayern getting pied off
Think we would have sat tight and not walked in June had we not got other issues in the starting XI. Sadly for us the timing of his availability was when we needed too much

JagUTD

Many including myself will say us
Bayerns hardly a bad move but if he goes on and wins 3 or 4 Bundesligas plus domestic cups but no Champions League, it will all feel a little bit meh.

Wouldn't be surprised though if he and Bayern do win it while hes there.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s a great move to a giant club with guaranteed trophies. He has 3-4 years to win them and has made the right choice.

It will hurt as spurs fans but this manager would have had to adapt his system round him. It’s better to get a fresh start and start recruiting players that will be perfect fits for the system, which the manager has already said Richarlison is.

Spurs simply couldn’t have afforded to write off a £100 million asset.

Richarlison is going to shock some people this season. He is a baller.

Chief123

Is there anyone, anywhere in the world, who gives a solitary feck what Paul Merson thinks about anything?

I bet even his mum rolls her eyes and switches off when he starts talking.
He’s thick as pig shit.

He thinks we’d win the title if we just got Kane. That doesn’t even make logical sense. Of course it would improve us but it doesn’t mean we would win the title.

Even with Kane, City still have a better goal scorer in that position. So his argument would only stand if the other 10 Utd players were better than City’s other 10, which they ain’t. So not sure what his logic is.