Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The hilarity of some posts. To insinuate buying Kane is doing damage :lol:

Mcking

Please no. I know he’s not ancient but I really want us to go for a younger player so we can actually hopefully have continuity. I’m fine with it if we get new owners and they are happy to replace him in 2 years or so. Otherwise no.
Would you give up Casemiro for another DM just because of age?

JB7

Imagine turning your nose up at this. Some of you are fecking mental.

Mcking

Imagine turning your nose up at this. Some of you are fecking mental.
A chance to sign one of the Premier League's best ever strikers who is still pretty much at the top of his game.

Some of those talking about age, planning and the future probably think they sound cool and intelligent. It's amusing.

croadyman

Sesko is joining Leipzig this summer, and has a lot of developing to do. We get Kane this summer, and we can go for Sesko in 3-4 years anyway. Ten Hag is a manager who is good enough to win. It makes no sense to get a development project at a key position like CF when we have Casemiro and Varane and Bruno all a "win now" age. We are in a win now window, and we need the striker who can live up to that.
I can totally understand your point and get the impression that signing Kane very much divides the fanbase. There is one side who like you thinks we need to bring him in to provide a proven striker to sit nicely down to the spine to Rapha & Casa. Then there is the other side who feel he has lost a step in the last couple of seasons and we should be looking at someone more long term such as Osimhen/Sesko/Vlahovic.

I really can't decide which side I am on this one because there are merits to any of these signings, quite frankly I am surprised that Osimhen is so far ahead of Kane in the poll considering just how many goals he's scored in Premier League.

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Would you give up Casemiro for another DM just because of age?
We’ll need cover/replacement within 2 seasons probably. Once players get to 32 it can become unpredictable. Some dip quickly and some carry on at a high level, hard to say.

croadyman

Kane & Sesko would he my guess if we get bought out
Surely there is no way we are buying both in a million years not when we need a top CM as well. I could only see it happening if we got sold to a rich middle east state where money is no object it's just materialistic.

Last edited:

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Makes too much sense for both Harry and United.

We have Anthony Martial and Wout Weghorst at the moment and people are suggesting this would hurt United :lol:

Casemiro, Varane, Bruno and Eriksen are not getting any younger. The time to win is now.

Orion.

We have Anthony Martial and Wout Weghorst at the moment and people are suggesting this would hurt United :lol:

Casemiro, Varane, Bruno and Eriksen are not getting any younger. The time to win is now.
Exactly - it’s a perfect move for both.

The striker pool is currently pathetic - the only ones of an elite standard are 28+. Haaland and Nunez are horrific footballers, and Mbappe isn’t a traditional striker.

Kane with less obligation to be both the goalscorer and playmaker in a team with a positive trajectory will have an Indian summer in his career.

saivet

Its bonkers. The other options mentioned are Sesko who has 5 goal in 16 games...in Austria.

Then there is Osimen who is having his first world class season and already cost Napoli £65m and I'm sure they will want to make a nice profit.

EtH

It’s mad. People suggesting we blood a young striker with all the experience and class we have in the side now. Or spend twice the price on Osimhen who could totally bomb in the PL.

It’s Harry Kane, FFS. Don’t overthink it.

Okey

If Harry Kane is gettable next season, within reason, you sign him. There can't possibly be a question about it. Unless you have absolutely no idea who Harry Kane is. He instantly makes us contenders in whatever competition we're in. That simple really.

croadyman

It’s mad. People suggesting we blood a young striker with all the experience and class we have in the side now. Or spend twice the price on Osimhen who could totally bomb in the PL.

It’s Harry Kane, FFS. Don’t overthink it.
Yeah like I just said in above post why is he only just over 31% in the poll but Osimhen is over 68%

croadyman

If Harry Kane is gettable next season, within reason, you sign him. There can't possibly be a question about it. Unless you have absolutely no idea who Harry Kane is. He instantly makes us contenders in whatever competition we're in. That simple really.
What do you feel is reasonable price for him with only a year left on contract

prateik

If we get new owners who are prepared to spend, this is a no brainer.. the only downside would be the price / age. If we have money to burn, then sure.. fantastic striker.

croadyman

If we get new owners who are prepared to spend, this is a no brainer.. the only downside would be the price / age. If we have money to burn, then sure.. fantastic striker.
Yeah hopefully that happens and we can sort out our top ST and top CM issues in first XI, we can then look at some shrewd free signings such as N'dicka, Rabiot (yes I know) and Tielemans to give us some squad depth

BlueHaze

Kane will be 30 by next season start I believe and that really is not much for a striker.

If we could sign him only a fool would say no.

Bojan Djordjic

Yeah surely even Osimhen's biggest supporters on the CAF can't fail to acknowledge these numbers
Depends on the price tag. You're not acknowledging that he's also aging and has played huge minutes across multiple seasons and has played a significant portion of his career for Poch and Conte who both run their players into the ground. If the price is right, Kane could be a great deal but it's not like its a slam dunk with no risk involved at the higher prices especially if we're taken over by a regular consortium of businessmen who don't have limitless pools of Saudi blood money burning holes in their pockets.

Finally, it's worth noting that up until this season Kane's strike partner would also have been portrayed as a slam dunk signing last year and now there's plenty of question marks.

croadyman

Depends on the price tag. You're not acknowledging that he's also aging and has played huge minutes across multiple seasons and has played a significant portion of his career for Poch and Conte who both run their players into the ground. If the price is right, Kane could be a great deal but it's not like its a slam dunk with no risk involved at the higher prices especially if we're taken over by a regular consortium of businessmen who don't have limitless pools of Saudi blood money burning holes in their pockets.

Finally, it's worth noting that up until this season Kane's strike partner would also have been portrayed as a slam dunk signing last year and now there's plenty of question marks.
What would you consider the right price for him

Bojan Djordjic

What I would consider reasonable and to minimise the risk involved would not be a runner for Daniel Levy. There's no way I'd be paying 80mn or some of the prices speculated on here for a 30 year old with a year left on his contract when we have financial trouble and no certainty as to who our new owners are or their financial fire power.

Rolaholic

There's extremes when it comes to players with a year left on their contract.

You'll have someone like Hazard who was still at the peak of his powers when he left Chelsea so they somehow got north of 100m for him (160m in total apparently). Then you'll have someone like a Mané who was sold for a cut price fee of 40m at the same age as Kane would be.

Something in between (60-80m) would be justifiable for Kane but I suspect and fear that his profile in the league and importance to his team beyond his on pitch contributions could skyrocket his value to them and their asking price to north of 100m even with a year left. I genuinely believe that they'd demand a league record fee for him.

I also believe he'd go for quite a bit less if he was sold abroad. The sting of selling him to a domestic rival though will factor greatly in whatever compensation they'd ask from a club like United in my opinion.

croadyman

What I would consider reasonable and to minimise the risk involved would not be a runner for Daniel Levy. There's no way I'd be paying 80mn or some of the prices speculated on here for a 30 year old with a year left on his contract when we have financial trouble and no certainty as to who our new owners are or their financial fire power.
Would you push out boat more for him if new owners are willing to spend big

wolvored

New owners and the price tag is irrelevant. Kane is a good shout as long as he stays fit. We should also scout and sign a 20-22 year old striker to supplement and gradually take over from Kane.

scottser

No chance he will be available then
I think he will. Given the price being bandied about by Spurs and the limited offers they'll receive, he might well be made to stay and leave on a free. Levy knows that another year of Kane is just the job to paper over the cracks and if they do manage to finish 4th, forget it - he's staying.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I think he may be the final jigsaw. If he comes we'll probably win the league.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
What are your own thoughts on importance of resale value
Not directed at Croadyman ....

Mine are that if it works out why would we ever want to sell?

And if doesn't work out he's worth feck all anyway!

If you're worried about resale values then you're buying player for the wrong reasons

EtH

My thoughts are that we shouldn’t be selling our best players in the first place so why it should matter at all to anyone baffles me. Sure the club should generally make smart, longterm investments. But now and again you pay up for the finished article and don’t think twice about it when a Casemiro or Kane becomes available.

edcunited1878

If Kane is really going to cost a bomb, then United have to be extremely shrewd and hit on their other transfer targets.

Pretty much everyone is under the assumption that a new ownership group will just open their pockets and have a blank check, when nobody has any clue what is to happen and how aggressive selling clubs will be with United under new owners.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can totally understand your point and get the impression that signing Kane very much divides the fanbase. There is one side who like you thinks we need to bring him in to provide a proven striker to sit nicely down to the spine to Rapha & Casa. Then there is the other side who feel he has lost a step in the last couple of seasons and we should be looking at someone more long term such as Osimhen/Sesko/Vlahovic.

I really can't decide which side I am on this one because there are merits to any of these signings, quite frankly I am surprised that Osimhen is so far ahead of Kane in the poll considering just how many goals he's scored in Premier League.
Osimhen I understand the argument as he is a class player who would probably do very well here, but just would likely cost 100-150m.

Vlahovic is entirely average though, and wouldn't really improve us. Sesko is promising, but nowhere near ready. He's barely an automatic starter at Salzburg and is taking a step at Leipzig first anyway. In 3 more seasons, sure let's look at Sesko

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I didn’t realise he was heading into his last year. I thought he extended honestly. If that’s the case then this may actually be doable at a reasonable fee.

Okey

What do you feel is reasonable price for him with only a year left on contract
No more than 60m. Though my immediate reaction is "who knows what a reasonable fee is anymore?". It's not my money though. So long as it doesn't compromise other targets (hopefully there's new ownership in place), then it's within reason for me.

Okey

I've never understood the resale value thing in relation to United. That's something perennial feeder clubs worry about. The top brass don't worry about how much they will make off a player's sale when buying him.