Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If there were any genuine 'sure-bets' or nearest thing under 25 for that position I'd choose any of them over a player on Kane's trajectory. But there really aren't. A CF who can play back to goal, can and does score 20+ a season and who seems to have incredible football intelligence? It's only Kane.

The issue would be breaking our new, very sensible wage-structure. Which we shouldn't do. And Levy. But if/when Spurs finish well outside the Top 4, Kane's going to be pushing for an exit.

I think if we get new owners he's exactly the player to buy as a statement signing. We might only get 3 more years of 'this' Kane, but that'd be enough to solidify our ascent, hopefully.

Strelok

You’re absolutely clueless on this. I’m going to put it down to being blinded by his name.

He aims to drop deep and arrive in the area late, doesn’t carry the ball but pings it around. It’s like latter years Cristiano Ronaldo only much better at passing. How did that one work out as a foil for Bruno?
You think Kane is like latter years Ronaldo and you call other poster clueless :houllier: :lol:

kaku06

Vulgarian

Imagine turning your nose up at this. Some of you are fecking mental.
This.
A chance to sign one of the Premier League's best ever strikers who is still pretty much at the top of his game.

Some of those talking about age, planning and the future probably think they sound cool and intelligent. It's amusing.
And this.

Irwin99

Bruno and Rashford would get a lot of joy playing with this guy. His passing and football intelligence is top class.

kaku06

Vulgarian
30 years old + 1 year left on his contract + injury history (40 matches missed in the last 3 seasons)

Anything more than 40m and might as well wait and sign him on a free.
No he didn’t. He played 50 matches last season and 49 before basically almost all the matches. So how the hell he missed 40 matches in last three?

croadyman

If there were any genuine 'sure-bets' or nearest thing under 25 for that position I'd choose any of them over a player on Kane's trajectory. But there really aren't. A CF who can play back to goal, can and does score 20+ a season and who seems to have incredible football intelligence? It's only Kane.

The issue would be breaking our new, very sensible wage-structure. Which we shouldn't do. And Levy. But if/when Spurs finish well outside the Top 4, Kane's going to be pushing for an exit.

I think if we get new owners he's exactly the player to buy as a statement signing. We might only get 3 more years of 'this' Kane, but that'd be enough to solidify our ascent, hopefully.
Those who think he's past it will say Osimhen is a sure fire bet,however I think that can be a dangerous thing to say

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’d greatly appreciate if you could find a post saying that for me.

Thanks!

If you don’t think Ronaldo dropped deep all the time and was often behind the midfield I’d suggest you actually watch games going forward. Would definitely save on embarrassing yourself.
Someone who cant run isnt dropping deep
;)

JustinC00

No he didn’t. He played 50 matches last season and 49 before basically almost all the matches. So how the hell he missed 40 matches in last three?

'

20/21, 19/20, 18/19 were the last 3 season's before this

16 & 17 games missed in 2 of the 3.

If you don't think this should give someone pause on wanting to pay a 30 year old striker big money then that's you, but me. Sorry would rather spend the 80m it will cost elsewhere.

Doracle

'

If you don't think this should give someone pause on wanting to pay a 30 year old striker big money then that's you, but me. Sorry would rather spend the 80m it will cost elsewhere.
21/22 not exist for you old chap or is the fact Kane had no injuries confusing you?

Gordon S

Think i love this idea. He could be for our attack what Casemiro is for our midfield.
Doesn`t look like he has started to slow down either. His footballing iq wont go away anytime soon.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
To me it's simple if our budget is big enough to improve the other areas of our team enough for us to put in a title challenge then go for kane otherwise it would be a waste of everyone's time so might as well go for the guy that has resell value.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
To me it's simple if our budget is big enough to improve the other areas of our team enough for us to put in a title challenge then go for kane otherwise it would be a waste of everyone's time so might as well go for the guy that has resell value.
When is the last time we have ever benefited from resale value? Should we even worry about resale value, since United should be a final destination like it used to be. We lose money on nearly every player anyways so in my opinion they should absolutely go for the more than proven veteran that is the exact type of striker that we lack instead of gambling on the more expensive younger player. I think Kane up front could do what Casemiro does for our midfield/defense. He's a leader and a captain, I could see his presence take pressure off of Sancho, Antony and Garnacho. Kane + a CM + a backup DM should be our main priorities this summer. I'd say he should be our #1 target, given the fact he fits us perfectly and we won't get another chance in landing a striker that does what he does in the upcoming window.

kaku06

Vulgarian
'

This is 2022/23 season my friend. Where is 2021/22 season gone? You are going back 4 years to prove your point. See the last 2 seasons. That’s a much better proof of his injury issues. He didn’t miss a single game last season I think and missed only 5 the season before? So in the last 2 seasons he missed only 5 games. He has overcome the injury issues which wasn’t that bad anyway. That the present. That’s his current status. 2 seasons. 99 matches.

kaku06

Vulgarian
You're taking the past as a guarantee of the future though.
There are no such guarantees.
There’s is no guarantee of anything mate. You can sign any player and it’s still not a guarantee. Should we sign a player or not then? Whatever striker we sign isn’t a guarantee and kane is as close to being one than anyone else out there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There’s is no guarantee of anything mate. You can sign any player and it’s still not a guarantee. Should we sign a player or not then? Whatever striker we sign isn’t a guarantee and kane is as close to being one than anyone else out there.
Thankfully I don't have to make the call, as it's a huge one for the board!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
When is the last time we have ever benefited from resale value? Should we even worry about resale value, since United should be a final destination like it used to be. We lose money on nearly every player anyways so in my opinion they should absolutely go for the more than proven veteran that is the exact type of striker that we lack instead of gambling on the more expensive younger player. I think Kane up front could do what Casemiro does for our midfield/defense. He's a leader and a captain, I could see his presence take pressure off of Sancho, Antony and Garnacho. Kane + a CM + a backup DM should be our main priorities this summer. I'd say he should be our #1 target, given the fact he fits us perfectly and we won't get another chance in landing a striker that does what he does in the upcoming window.
It all depend on the financial situation under our new owners, if they're rich than we could afford being prodigal if not and if we could only have one big signings we might need to be more provident.

I like kane but as I've said if we don't have a team ready to challenge it would be a waste to bring him in, he's careening towards the end of his career courtesy of father time so let's say he has 4 good years left to give , to throw a quarter of that away is bad investment.

Last edited:

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
It all depend on the financial situation under our new owners, if they're rich than we could afford being prodigal if not and if we couldn't only have one big signings we might need to be more provident.

I like kane but as I've said if we don't have a team ready to challenge it would be a waste to bring him in, he's careening towards the end of his career courtesy of father time so let's say he has 4 good years left to give , to throw a quarter of that away is bad investment.
I say all of this with the expectation that he's not going to cost around £100m. If he does, I am fully in agreement with you. But if he costs us around 50-60 it's an absolute no brainer IMO. We would fill our biggest weakness in the team with the best available option. I don't see any other strikers on the market that have convinced me to want them to be our new #9. Yes, he's aging, but I like that for this particular team. Our attack could really use a veteran presence. So even if the money would be tight, if we can get him for that price they need to jump on it immediately.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I say all of this with the expectation that he's not going to cost around £100m. If he does, I am fully in agreement with you. But if he costs us around 50-60 it's an absolute no brainer IMO. We would fill our biggest weakness in the team with the best available option. I don't see any other strikers on the market that have convinced me to want them to be our new #9. Yes, he's aging, but I like that for this particular team. Our attack could really use a veteran presence. So even if the money would be tight, if we can get him for that price they need to jump on it immediately.
I agree with you somewhat, I think he's the one player who comes the closest to at the very least guaranty us 20 goals which is great considering all the other things he'll bring to the team.

On the other hand i don't think levy is really fond of the idea , I think he'll do everything in his power to make sure this doesn't happen.

Bert_

Don't get why people are so hung up on his age. Zidane went to Madrid when he was 29 for a record transfer fee. Worked out alright for them.

Amarsdd

You really don’t get football if you think that’s the case. Bruno is a mix of Eriksen and Alli when Spurs were at their best. He’s got the vision to find Kane but also to go past him and take advantage when Kane drops off. He’s the perfect foil for Kane.

Basically, currently we play at our best when Martial is fit, despite his hold up play being relatively average, his ability to get into goal scoring positions being poor and his finishing being erratic. Kane is a relatively similar style player to current Marital but about 5 levels higher.
Pretty much what I feel about it. He'd be a perfect player for Bruno to play off of, not only to set up Kane but to be set up by Kane. And I think Kane dropping deep instead of being just the stay-up-top striker would give us more control of the ball. Its not like Kane has struggled to score goals cause he has dropped deeper. And we'll still have two pacey wing-forwards in transition.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pretty much what I feel about it. He'd be a perfect player for Bruno to play off of, not only to set up Kane but to be set up by Kane. And I think Kane dropping deep instead of being just the stay-up-top striker would give us more control of the ball. Its not like Kane has struggled to score goals cause he has dropped deeper. And we'll still have two pacey wing-forwards in transition.
Rashford and who?

Doracle

Don't get why people are so hung up on his age. Zidane went to Madrid when he was 29 for a record transfer fee. Worked out alright for them.
Zlatan has scored 244 goals since he turned 30, most of them in the top leagues. Forwards like Kane generally age slowly.

OrcaFat

I almost wish Osimhen would go to another league for few years then get him at 27/28 after Kane has been here for 3/4 years
I actually wish what you said. Kane is the player we need with our current squad. Wise head, good link up play, prolific scorer, consistent, right personality profile.

In 3 years we’ll be looking again but we are pretty close to challenging now and Kane will immediately lift us to that level.

EtH

Are you comparing a 29 year old Kane to a 36 year old Ronaldo?
Yes he is. I think CR37 is a big reason so many are wary of Kane, along with a few others. But players like Ronaldo, Bastian and Alexis were done before we even bid for them. Kane on the other hand is pure technique and still scoring goals for fun in the PL. It’s a ridiculous comparison.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Meh, he looks so average a lot if the time against better opposition. A lot better than our current options and proven goalscorer, but not worth what Levy will ask.

Amarsdd

Rashford and who?
Garnacho, Antony who isn’t a slouch when running behind, and more importantly I don’t think there is a dearth of pacey wingers/forwards who we can get in as a project with “resale value” as it is with top top quality strikers.

Dazzmondo

I'm so confused by so many on here not wanting Kane. He's basically carried Spurs on his back this season and only Haaland has more league goals despite Kane playing in a rubbish Spurs team. I would have thought especially after these same arguments around age proved to be so wrong with Eriksen and especially Casemiro, people would have been more open to bringing in a clearly world class player in a position where there really aren't that many. Beyond offering a proven goalscorer, Kane also offers so much more in terms of his ability to play with his back to goal and bring others into play. For anything less than £80m it should really be a no brainer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Garnacho, Antony who isn’t a slouch when running behind, and more importantly I don’t think there is a dearth of pacey wingers/forwards who we can get in as a project with “resale value” as it is with top top quality strikers.
Garnacho isn’t a right winger, and Antony isn’t threatening any PL full back with his speed. If the player you are referring to is a hypothetical signing, then fair enough. And even then, there is a shortage of them suited to playing on the right.

devil99

Hes on his last year of contract. Casemiro wasn’t.
You can't apply that logic to world class players.

Lewandowski went for 50m at 34.

Hazard was 100+ m at 28.

Kane 29, the England captain who will probably end up as PL top scorer is worth 70 to 80m easily even if one year left on contract.