Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Doracle

It isn’t the right move for United. You’ve been blinded by a name. Kane will re sign because no other club will bend to his will the way Spurs will.

His chance was the City move that his idiot brother screwed for him. Now there’s nothing left.
Of course it’s the right move for us. He’s a 20+ goal a season striker whose game couldn’t be more perfect for our other forward options. I wouldn’t be against Vlahovic if we can’t get Kane but he’s obviously a much more risky signing and will probably be double the cost, plus he’s got a lot less reason to sign for us than Kane.

phelans shorts

Of course it’s the right move for us. He’s a 20+ goal a season striker whose game couldn’t be more perfect for our other forward options. I wouldn’t be against Vlahovic if we can’t get Kane but he’s obviously a much more risky signing and will probably be double the cost, plus he’s got a lot less reason to sign for us than Kane.
Well that’s totally, completely wrong to begin with.

Mainoldo

Oh man, Vlahović is not even close to being better than osimhen, come on ... Where has his hype come from? 1 half season of massive xG overperformance which got him his big transfer and which he hasn't repeated, and has been a decent but nothing great striker otherwise?
I’m not being funny but how much is this based on your viewing opinion or what others say and what you believe we need as a striker?

He’s out performed him in every season and would have done so this season if he didn’t have a groin issue.

He’s a better striker like Kane is better striker than Osimhen. But yes Oshimen has the right attributes.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Kane's age is a concern but hes laughably more productive than Martial. We sign him we could genuinely get 25 league goals from the 9. When was the last time we had that?!?

Doracle

Yeah I know you are. The player he most resembles in our side is Bruno, we already have Bruno to play that role.
You really don’t get football if you think that’s the case. Bruno is a mix of Eriksen and Alli when Spurs were at their best. He’s got the vision to find Kane but also to go past him and take advantage when Kane drops off. He’s the perfect foil for Kane.

Basically, currently we play at our best when Martial is fit, despite his hold up play being relatively average, his ability to get into goal scoring positions being poor and his finishing being erratic. Kane is a relatively similar style player to current Marital but about 5 levels higher.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What happened to him? he used to be a dangerous man up front but now he is a resident sleeper most of the timr.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I was too young to remember for sure, but weren’t we in for Shearer before he decided to join Newcastle? That was before Yorke/Sheringham/Solskjaer, maybe around the same time Cole joined us. Don’t think we were ever in for him again afterwards.
We were in for him when he was at Soton I believe.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’m not being funny but how much is this based on your viewing opinion or what others say and what you believe we need as a striker?

He’s out performed him in every season and would have done so this season if he didn’t have a groin issue.

He’s a better striker like Kane is better striker than Osimhen. But yes Oshimen has the right attributes.
I've seen enough of Vlahović to be thoroughly underwhelmed. Then looking at his analytical profile to see how he does in general presents a player who doesn't create much or get on the end of many chances, and a player who had a big xG overperformance in the half season at fiorentina before his move. Now if he overperformed his entire career on top of good stats, sure. But it was a focused half season overperformance on top of middling level attacking stats. His all round game is fine but I think he's far too soft of a player and he would struggle in the Prem, on top of generally not being good enough. Aerially he is meh, and Osimhen is far better too.

In terms of what we need as a striker, Kane fits the bill almost perfectly IMO, with the caveat that I think Ten Hag wouldn't tell him to drop deep quite as much, as he wouldn't need to be the main creator while he would still do it now and then which is fine. A guy like a younger Benzema, Lewandowski, Džeko style (and Kane fits that). We have Rashford who is elite with his movement in behind and providing those runs, a striker like Osimhen i think would add a lot but also restrict the benefit of that which we already have. Kane meanwhile would fit Rashford perfectly IMO. Also think Osimhen would cost far too much, and he'd be a pure poached here and I don't think that's what we need really. Need the all round striker who can score loads and hold up and link up to a high level. Vlahović stylistically possibly fits more, I just think he's average.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah I know you are. The player he most resembles in our side is Bruno, we already have Bruno to play that role.
Bruno's best atrribute is running in behind and getting on the end of things. I think this why he and Martial formed such a good partnership, as Martial dropped into the pockets of space, whilst Bruno would run into the space left my Martial.

Kane would do the same, and this is also what Deli Alli benefited from when played in the 10 position under Poch. Again, Kane would drop, and Alli would run in behind.

For that reason, I think Kane and Bruno would be a fantastic partnership, especially with players like Rashford and Garnacho, who like Son, like to run in behind.

Kane
Rashford/Garnacho Bruno Sancho/Antony
New CM Casemiro

Sweet Square

If Ten Hag wants him then that a good enough reason.

Tbh it could be like the casemiro signing in that it’s been so long since we’ve had a world class striker, we’ve almost forgot what it’s like.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Vlahovic' main highlight was the 38 goals he scored across two seasons at Fiorentina. But, as was noted at the time, there were massive red flags when it came to taking that goalscoring at face value.

First, because 11 (29%) of those goals were penalties. And second, the remaining 27 were scored from an xG of 22.8, so it seemed he was running hot. The overperformance was particularly obvious in that second season: 0.82 goals from 0.65 xG, 0.58 non penalty from 0.43 xG.

He's since scored less at Juve but his underlying threat in open play has remained pretty consistent across his time in Serie A when taking minutes into account. And it's simply far less than Osimhen.

Vlahovic: 0.43, 0.43, 0.48, 0.37
Osimhen: 0.61, 0.62, 0.65

bosnian_red

Vlahovic' main highlight was the 38 goals he scored across two seasons at Fiorentina. But, as was noted at the time, there were massive red flags when it came to taking that goalscoring at face value.

First, because 11 (29%) of those goals were penalties. And second, the remaining 27 were scored from an xG of 22.8, so it seemed he was running hot. The overperformance was particularly obvious in that second season: 0.82 goals from 0.65 xG, 0.58 non penalty from 0.43 xG.

He's since scored less at Juve but his underlying threat in open play has remained pretty consistent across his time in Serie A when taking minutes into account. And it's simply far less than Osimhen.

Vlahovic: 0.43, 0.43, 0.48, 0.37
Osimhen: 0.61, 0.62, 0.65
Yup. And a comparison to Martials xG/90..
17/18 - 0.36
18/19 - 0.44
19/20 - 0.45
20/21 - 0.45

Nowhere close to enough minutes played last season for Martial to take it for anything(but was 0.52), while he's at 0.80 this season due to a few sub apps and limited minutes. And Martial is a more talented player in his overall game than both. But if Martial has a similar underlying goal threat to Vlahović while in the Prem compared to Vlahović in Serie A, and we know Martial isn't good enough... Then yeah. Vlahović is definitely not good enough.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

I called this at the beginning of the season, Levy has no leg to stand on, either £50m now or lose your golden boy and superstar for nought.

M Bison

Supports
York City
The only down side with Kane is age, and it’s not necessarily his age stand alone. Our core/spine would become Varane/Casemiro/Kane, which are all potentially on huge money and would have 2-3 seasons in (max, possibly less).

Despite that, if he’s available at a reasonable price we have sign him, we’d be daft not to but absolutely must start succession planning straight away.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

He’s as close as you’ll get to absolute guaranteed goals. He also has the all round game to suit ETH’s attacking football.

The worry would be….does he have the athleticism to suit ETH’s pressing game? Do we want to add another slow attacker to an already pedestrian attack? And realistically how many big money signings on players 30+ work out?

There would be big risks involved with this. But also big rewards if it works out.
We have quick players who can transition. The best games I've seen us play has seen us pin in a team for twenty mins and keep turning over the ball (Chelsea game). They couldn't get out their box. That's what we want and you don't need runners, you need finishers.

phelans shorts

You really don’t get football if you think that’s the case. Bruno is a mix of Eriksen and Alli when Spurs were at their best. He’s got the vision to find Kane but also to go past him and take advantage when Kane drops off. He’s the perfect foil for Kane.

Basically, currently we play at our best when Martial is fit, despite his hold up play being relatively average, his ability to get into goal scoring positions being poor and his finishing being erratic. Kane is a relatively similar style player to current Marital but about 5 levels higher.
You’re absolutely clueless on this. I’m going to put it down to being blinded by his name.

He aims to drop deep and arrive in the area late, doesn’t carry the ball but pings it around. It’s like latter years Cristiano Ronaldo only much better at passing. How did that one work out as a foil for Bruno?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs fans would revolt if they sold him to you lot. Zero chance it happens.
Think this may have been the case 1 or 2 seasons ago (for a lot of people anyway) but much less so this summer.

Would not be more surprised to see Kane in a Spurs shirt at the beginning of next season than in a Man Utd shirt tbh. The culmination of around 5 years of persistently poor footballing decisions.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Think this may have been the case 1 or 2 seasons ago (for a lot of people anyway) but much less so this summer.

Would not be more surprised to see Kane in a Spurs shirt at the beginning of next season than in a Man Utd shirt tbh. The culmination of around 5 years of persistently poor footballing decisions.
Kane out, Lukaku in?

Hear me out, Conte is the only man who can get him scoring!

Hulme91

30 years old + 1 year left on his contract + injury history (40 matches missed in the last 3 seasons)

Anything more than 40m and might as well wait and sign him on a free.
He's on course to play 50 games 3 seasons on the bounce.. he's only played less than 40 games in a season twice since he broke through at Spurs

The injury prone drivel that people constantly spout is just that, drivel

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You’re absolutely clueless on this. I’m going to put it down to being blinded by his name.

He aims to drop deep and arrive in the area late, doesn’t carry the ball but pings it around. It’s like latter years Cristiano Ronaldo only much better at passing. How did that one work out as a foil for Bruno?
Ronaldo couldn’t get in to goalscoring positions.

Kane has scored near all his goals from headers this season (just like osihmen).

Your just as clueless if you think Ronaldo was like that. He couldn’t get in to any scoring positions to score a simple header.

Then there’s the passing around and dropping deep - something that Ronaldo didn’t do.

Also if your focusing on Bruno playing in a striker - what about Rashford? Is Osimhen going to hold the ball and play him in like Martial does?

Clueless.

Kane is the same player as Bruno apparently according to you! :lol:

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Kane's age is a concern but hes laughably more productive than Martial. We sign him we could genuinely get 25 league goals from the 9. When was the last time we had that?!?
Ruud, although RVP did it after I guess for a season. So a decade, then even longer before that.

phelans shorts

Ronaldo couldn’t get in to goalscoring positions.

Kane has scored near all his goals from headers this season (just like osihmen).

Your just as clueless if you think Ronaldo was like that. He couldn’t get in to any scoring positions to score a simple header.

Then there’s the passing around and dropping deep - something that Ronaldo didn’t do.

Also if your focusing on Bruno playing in a striker - what about Rashford? Is Osimhen going to hold the ball and play him in like Martial does?

Clueless.

Kane is the same player as Bruno apparently according to you! :lol:
I’d greatly appreciate if you could find a post saying that for me.

Thanks!

If you don’t think Ronaldo dropped deep all the time and was often behind the midfield I’d suggest you actually watch games going forward. Would definitely save on embarrassing yourself.

Lecland07

He's on course to play 50 games 3 seasons on the bounce.. he's only played less than 40 games in a season twice since he broke through at Spurs

The injury prone drivel that people constantly spout is just that, drivel
Yep - have no idea where they got 40 from. Kane has missed 21 games in 3 seasons due to injury. 14 of those games (thigh muscles rupture) was for one injury back in 19/20 season.

He has only missed 5 games, due to injury, in the last 2.5 seasons, and no injuries in the last 1.5 seasons. The injury prone stuff is nonsense.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kane out, Lukaku in?

Hear me out, Conte is the only man who can get him scoring!
You bastard, Patrici is already going to be sanctioned and then you drop this horrible suggestion!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Kane and Reus ? In next 2-3 years United will have a great number of players in need of replacing.

Still a good baller, that Kane lad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yet when everyone was bashing Ronaldo, Martial's reputation had him viewed as some sort of perfect player for our system.

That lasted about 2 weeks after he returned. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You bastard, Patrici is already going to be sanctioned and then you drop this horrible suggestion!
If Richarlison can start up front for Brazil, surely he's your replacement when/if Kane goes? Although that'll probably be in 18months, as no-one is dim enough to pay the 80-100m Levy will insist on.

Vapor trail

Kane and Reus ? In next 2-3 years United will have a great number of players in need of replacing.

This would be poor business. A United team in transition shouldn't be signing a 30 year old Kane for close to 100 million. United are better off taking a chance on a Osimhen / younger profile striker to come through. Look at City for example with the likes of Alvarez everything is ahead of him. If the club is owned by a ME venture than perhaps the cost is less significant.

bosnian_red

Important to take advantage of your best players though. Makes no sense to make our striker a development project and give up on winning the CL and League for the next few seasons when Casemiro, Varane and Bruno are at their peak now and have probably 3-5 years left at the top level. Kane is the only one who if we get him, that will be the jump we need to get us challenging. The others all have a good amount of risk