Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not exactly how it works. If Kane says to Spurs, United have offered £50m, accept or I leave in 12 months for nothing. There has to be a price that works for everyone. I reckon around £50m is that price, maybe add-ons for goals, titles, champions league, etc., up to £80m, but £80m could be justified if he scores 40 goals and we win the treble again.
Levy will not accept anything less than 80 million in my opinion. He will let Kane leave for free if that's what it takes. Don't underestimate how stubborn Levy is - 80 million and he goes in the summer (possibly) or Spurs get another season with their best player which to Spurs is worth 80 million anyway (if he helps us get to champions league places). Anyone thinking they can get Kane for a penny less than what Levy values him at is living in a dream land.

Erik the Red

All your rivals will strengthen as well though (including Spurs I HOPE), including lets not forget Newcastle who will be spending hundreds of millions every year and in a couple of years will be likely challenging for titles seriously. It's only going to get more difficult to win the league. I can see why he would go to City, I don't see as strong as argument as to why he would go to Utd apart from the fact he would remain in the Premier League if I'm being honest. That doesn't mean I don't think it could happen because it could. I just think that scoffing at Spurs fans for questioning why he would consider Utd AT THE MOMENT is probably unfair because when you look at it objectively they do have a point.
Over the last 15 games we have more points than City

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He drop deep because he have to at Spurs. At a better team he would push higher. He would create less and score more.
Even for England with Bellingham, Rice & Mount behind him he does this, it's his style a bit like Rooney where he likes to get involved with deeper play

Bojan Djordjic

Hard yes from me too. He's never relied on speed and has only got better with age. It would be a bit different if there were one or two other world class strikers a few years younger on the market but there just aren't.
He definitely hasn't gotten better with age. He scored 29 goals and had 5 league assists in 2500 mins in 2016/7. Last year he had 17 and 9 in 3200 mins. Thats a non penalty goals and assists rate of 1.04 per game to 0.61. He's on course this year for a 0.79 non penalty goal contribution per 90 so an improvement on last year but still well off his peak.

If we can get him on a low fee I'd probably be happy to take him but he has a fairly dappled injury history and he would be on extremely high wages so I would be very cautious that the money would need to be right with any deal for him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He definitely hasn't gotten better with age. He scored 29 goals and had 5 league assists in 2500 mins in 2016/7. Last year he had 17 and 9 in 3200 mins. Thats a non penalty goals and assists rate of 1.04 per game to 0.61. He's on course this year for a 0.79 non penalty goal contribution per 90 so an improvement on last year but still well off his peak.

If we can get him on a low fee I'd probably be happy to take him but he has a fairly dappled injury history and he would be on extremely high wages so I would be very cautious that the money would need to be right with any deal for him.
Last year was probably his worst season but that was because of how unsettled he was after the whole City transfer thing - he is playing superbly well this season, back to his best and is maturing into a much better rounded player than he was in his youth. I honestly think he will be playing at the highest level well into his 30's. He is a total pro as well, looks after his body, doesnt drink, etc.

Doracle

Is he much more likely to win anything with you lot? On the basis of the last few years, probably not, or if yes certainly nothing major. That's the point they are making.
This is the reason he might prefer Bayern over United, as it guarantees trophies and we can’t do that. However, if he wants to stay in England I do think he stands a much bigger chance of challenging for major honours with United, especially if we are sold before the summer. A lot depends on what happens for the rest of the season though.

He scored 17 in 37 last season and has 15 in 18 this season. I suspect you’d find that 15 in 18 is his best ever start to a season, despite playing in a Spurs team which lacks creativity this season and where their other star player has struggled badly so far.

Bojan Djordjic

Last year was probably his worst season but that was because of how unsettled he was after the whole City transfer thing - he is playing superbly well this season, back to his best and is maturing into a much better rounded player than he was in his youth. I honestly think he will be playing at the highest level well into his 30's. He is a total pro as well, looks after his body, doesnt drink, etc.
I get that Kane has been a world class player but I only dispute that he's better than ever. He's not even better than he was 2 years ago. Just because he's a more rounded player doesn't mean he's a better player if his truly outstanding traits (goalscoring) are in decline. His assists have also reduced substantially this year.

I know you mentioned him looking after his body which I would also dispute. Yeah, he might not drink but he's notorious for playing through injuries and wanting to play every game even if he's not 100%. He looked completely shot a couple of years ago after stupidly coming back from injury early for the umpteenth time and to his credit he pulled his career out of the hole he was in but I would still say that that is a possible red flag for how he may not have the longevity of a Benzema or Lewandowski who are crazy outliers regardless.

Doracle

Levy will not accept anything less than 80 million in my opinion. He will let Kane leave for free if that's what it takes. Don't underestimate how stubborn Levy is - 80 million and he goes in the summer (possibly) or Spurs get another season with their best player which to Spurs is worth 80 million anyway (if he helps us get to champions league places). Anyone thinking they can get Kane for a penny less than what Levy values him at is living in a dream land.
Obviously, this summer it won’t be possible to sign Kane for less than Levy will sell him for but, respectfully, the increased prospect with Kane of CL football is not worth £80 million. Levy is stubborn but not a fool. If the best offer for Kane this summer is £50 million then he will take it. It doesn’t make commercial sense to do otherwise.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Obviously, this summer it won’t be possible to sign Kane for less than Levy will sell him for but, respectfully, the increased prospect with Kane of CL football is not worth £80 million. Levy is stubborn but not a fool. If the best offer for Kane this summer is £50 million then he will take it. It doesn’t make commercial sense to do otherwise.
I don't think you understand how Levy works. It's not about the money for him.

Drizzle

Can definitely see him coming to United in a £75-80m ish deal.

Big marquee name for the new owners, guaranteed goals, and he gets to play for one of the elite clubs in global football.

If we got 3 seasons of him still banging in 25-30 goals, and perhaps 2 more of him on a gentle decline, then that's arguably a better deal than gambling £100m on a young prospect like Osimhen who may or may not ever reach that level.

BerryBerryShrew

Disagree with the bolded. Levy is a moron who cares more about being seen as a "tough guy" in negotiations than actually improving the club. It wouldn't shock me to see Kane walk on a free because Levy slaps a stupidly unrealistic price tag on him in the summer that no club will meet.

kaku06

Is he much more likely to win anything with you lot? On the basis of the last few years, probably not, or if yes certainly nothing major. That's the point they are making.
You lot forget who you are. Let me tell you and your fans what is your dna and who you are

Must watch especially from 7:04

Bojan Djordjic

I'm not so sure they will be thought of as outliers for much longer, players seem to be playing at the highest level well into their 30s more and more nowadays.
Hmm..not sure about that. Think it's the guys that have been ultra durable throughout their careers that have been able to manage it to an extent Zlatan, Ronaldo, Messi but for each of them there's an Alexis Sanchez, RVP, Suarez, Coutinho, Rooney that have seen declines around 30/31 or even more prematurely in the case of Rooney. I know that Kane has played a lot of minutes over his career but he has plenty of injuries and has been rushed back on a lot of occasions. I would also think he is not as naturally athletic as either of the guys who have played at a high level well into their thirties.

daba

Here’s a crazy / possible speculative theory.

What if Madrid don’t renew Benzema’s contract go for Kane as his replacement?

With Benzema joining up with his old pals Raph and Case here, to lead our line for a couple years…

Bojan Djordjic

Here’s a crazy / possible speculative theory.

What if Madrid don’t renew Benzema’s contract go for Kane as his replacement?

With Benzema joining up with his old pals Raph and Case here, to lead our line for a couple years…
That would just be appalling and negligent team building. Benzema is 35. You really want to build a team where our most influential players all age off a cliff at the same time after spending 250 odd million only to have to repeat it all in two years?

Doracle

Hmm..not sure about that. Think it's the guys that have been ultra durable throughout their careers that have been able to manage it to an extent Zlatan, Ronaldo, Messi but for each of them there's an Alexis Sanchez, RVP, Suarez, Coutinho, Rooney that have seen declines around 30/31 or even more prematurely in the case of Rooney. I know that Kane has played a lot of minutes over his career but he has plenty of injuries and has been rushed back on a lot of occasions. I would also think he is not as naturally athletic as either of the guys who have played at a high level well into their thirties.
Name a top level player in Kane’s style who has declined significantly before 34/35 in the last 5 years. Suarez was good enough to fire Atletico to a title in the year he turned 34 (and was more reliant on pace/energy than Kane anyway) and Rooney is an outlier due probably mainly to his conditioning.

Kane will also have the incentive of wanting to win trophies driving him to keep training hard, which other players of his level might no longer have.

RedorDead21

In the next 3 years? I highly doubt it.
Why we are a top striker away from bridging the not so huge gap to the top team. Our latest signings have put us a lot closer than any recent times. If you give us city like owners we’d resolve our issues in 2 windows tops.

acnumber9

Well Spurs have finished below United in two of the last three seasons. That’s with Kane. Maybe Kane would back his ability to make United considerably more likely to win something with him in the team. It’s fairly academic anyway, I don’t see United signing him. I think Kane will settle for finishing at Spurs and taking Shearer’s record.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Who knows? I feel like Manchester United are much closer to their next big honour than Tottenham are though, and he’ll feel that if he’s up front they’ll be a lot closer again.

Whether we should actually try and go for him and if he’d even want to come are a different story however.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Can definitely see him coming to United in a £75-80m ish deal.

Big marquee name for the new owners, guaranteed goals, and he gets to play for one of the elite clubs in global football.

If we got 3 seasons of him still banging in 25-30 goals, and perhaps 2 more of him on a gentle decline, then that's arguably a better deal than gambling £100m on a young prospect like Osimhen who may or may not ever reach that level.
Nowhere near £80M considering he can leave on a free in 24’

£60M tops

daba

That would just be appalling and negligent team building. Benzema is 35. You really want to build a team where our most influential players all age off a cliff at the same time after spending 250 odd million only to have to repeat it all in two years?
It would give us arguably the best CF in the world for no transfer fee (saving us most likely £80m or thereabouts), allowing us to sustainably invest in the other much needed areas of the squad such as a new CM (which I think is happening this summer regardless) but also allow room for additions such as a RB challenger for Dalot and either a young CB or De Gea replacement if his contract situation isn't sorted.

Obviously squad building is (or at least should be) a continuous cycle, but at that point our squad would be looking very solid and we can start doing what the likes of City etc have been doing over the past years but consistently adding real quality and bleeding upcoming prospects into their squad.

In the following windows we can then look to long-term solutions to replace Benzema, Casemiro, Bruno etc.

Doesn't sound so appalling to me.

Drizzle

Nowhere near £80M considering he can leave on a free in 24’

£60M tops
I understand your point but you may not have factored in: the competition for signing him (a lot of petro-clubs desperate to spend), the Levy effect, our negotiation skills, and also that regardless of his contract he's as close to a guarantee of 25+ goals a season as there will be on the market.

So while logically he should go for £50-60m, I think he'll go for a fair bit more.

Doracle

It would give us arguably the best CF in the world for no transfer fee (saving us most likely £80m or thereabouts), allowing us to sustainably invest in the other much needed areas of the squad such as a new CM (which I think is happening this summer regardless) but also allow room for additions such as a RB challenger for Dalot and either a young CB or De Gea replacement if his contract situation isn't sorted.

Obviously squad building is (or at least should be) a continuous cycle, but at that point our squad would be looking very solid and we can start doing what the likes of City etc have been doing over the past years but consistently adding real quality and bleeding upcoming prospects into their squad.

In the following windows we can then look to long-term solutions to replace Benzema, Casemiro, Bruno etc.

Doesn't sound so appalling to me.
I would obviously take Benzema on a free this summer. That’s a no brainer. However, it’s also not happening. Madrid will at least extend him for a year and by then he will be approaching 37. I can see Madrid trying for Kane on a free in 2024 though, hence why I think it’s imperative we put out the stops to get him this summer.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Maybe a league cup or something but certainly not the league or champions league which is really what he would be wanting to leave for. You guys may not like to accept it, I know Utd are a much bigger club than Spurs but in terms of actual results, they are pretty close to each other at the moment. There is not a dramatic difference on the pitch which is what matters.
They are close, but are they close when Kane moves to United and Spurs lose him? His position is Uniteds biggest need right now. If they get to add him and a CM like FDJ/Enzo/Jude they are instantly title contenders. Especially if United do get sold to Middle Eastern owners.

And yes, there is a difference on the pitch. How many times has Spurs really been the better team compared to their opponents this season? United look way better under Ten Hag than Spurs does under Conte. They are on their way up while Spurs seem to be on the decline after a hot start.

Moving to Man Utd will definitely be an upgrade for Kane.

Bojan Djordjic

Name a top level player in Kane’s style who has declined significantly before 34/35 in the last 5 years. Suarez was good enough to fire Atletico to a title in the year he turned 34 (and was more reliant on pace/energy than Kane anyway) and Rooney is an outlier due probably mainly to his conditioning.

Kane will also have the incentive of wanting to win trophies driving him to keep training hard, which other players of his level might no longer have.
Bit of a fool's errand asking for a stylistic match at the same level as Kane given he's been one of the best strikers of his generation. I'll give you Lukaku and Aubameyang though.

RedorDead21

They are close, but are they close when Kane moves to United and Spurs lose him? His position is Uniteds biggest need right now. If they get to add him and a CM like FDJ/Enzo/Jude they are instantly title contenders. Especially if United do get sold to Middle Eastern owners.

And yes, there is a difference on the pitch. How many times has Spurs really been the better team compared to their opponents this season? United look way better under Ten Hag than Spurs does under Conte. They are on their way up while Spurs seem to be on the decline after a hot start.

Moving to Man Utd will definitely be an upgrade for Kane.
This. Spurs without Kane and him with us sees them finish 15/20 points behind us if nothing else changes.

cyberman

Maybe a league cup or something but certainly not the league or champions league which is really what he would be wanting to leave for. You guys may not like to accept it, I know Utd are a much bigger club than Spurs but in terms of actual results, they are pretty close to each other at the moment. There is not a dramatic difference on the pitch which is what matters.
If we can sign Casemiro and Varane we can sign fecking Kane from Spurs.
We won’t sign him anyway because he prefers being a big fish in a small pond so that lack of ambition will see him fade away in London imo

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Going forward, absolutely there is a much better chance. He'll have 1 year left on his career and will be 30, he has to move if he wants to wherever there is a decent chance. It's not City (yet..), but they have Haaland. This season there is absolutely a dramatic difference on the pitch already (as shown in the match between the 2), and it's only half a season with Ten Hag so far. We have some absolute world class players, who would be the best group of players Kane has ever played with without a shadow of doubt in Varane and Casemiro. And he would fit us like a glove, and every player envisions how they fit in and what impact they'd have. Kane would without a doubt would give us that bit extra to compete.

United is basically the 3rd best team in the league after a few months of ten hag and not having a striker. Been right up there with Arsenal and City since Casemiro came in. So you can be sure a striker like Kane added to United who have had a net negative as our attacking group apart from Rashford could give this team a massive lift.

Now... I don't think it'll happen ultimately, if Bayern goes for him I think Levy would take half of what United offer for him to go there. But United is really the only other option (and I'm pretty confident we'll be top 4), as i don't think he stays at Spurs when you miss out on top 4 this season. With Bayern, it just makes sense, but at the same time... They don't usually go for older players. And he may want to stay in England and compete for the Prem rather than go to Germany to just get some Bundesliga titles. And no other Premier League side is an option, so at least he could have 5 years at United going for the title with a potentially elite manager with elite resources.

Last edited:

croadyman

Makes me want to sign him now more than ever. Spurs! It’s like a team made up of little brothers. You just have to laugh.
Yeah he wasn't my choice til I saw that post and then instantly became it so cheers for that one Spurs fans

Last edited:

Doracle

Bit of a fool's errand asking for a stylistic match at the same level as Kane given he's been one of the best strikers of his generation. I'll give you Lukaku and Aubameyang though.
That is kind of the point. The only direct recent comparators I can think of are Lewa, Benz, CR7 and Ibra. All of them were still world class forwards until 34/35.

Auba is an Henry style player, so more likely to drop off peak level earlier. We don’t yet know if Lukaku is in decline - he’s just barely played recently through injury - but his poor technique does make him more reliant on his physique so I would expect him to be less prolific in his early 30s.

croadyman

Give us Haaland all season and we’re above them comfortably. That’s the only difference really between the best starting 11.
Blame the fact we had Jose in charge when Ole tried to persuade us when at Molde

ChorltonReds

If we have the money to spend on Kane in the summer we should still avoid him. Kane himself is a great player - but when next season starts he'll be 30, Casemiro will be 30, Varane will be 30, Eriksen will be 31 - do you want to have to replace all them at the same time? Any big money spent on a striker has to go on someone much younger - ideally Osimihen or Leao or Felix. Kane is great, but would be poor squad management and create problems down the line.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If we can sign Casemiro and Varane we can sign fecking Kane from Spurs.
We won’t sign him anyway because he prefers being a big fish in a small pond so that lack of ambition will see him fade away in London imo
Neither of those players play in the most highly sought after position in world football in an era when there are very few players in that position that are top class. The demand for Kane would be much higher.