g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Giggsy13

If it doesn’t work out with Osimhen then we should be trying to get in Kane. He’d be mad to sign another deal with Spurs

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He'll probably go down in history as one of the best strikers never to have won a trophy.

yfoFC

With just one year left of his contract by 2023 summer, 60m will be more than adequate for him (Levy is just the issue)

Would love him here and he's my first choice for the striking position

croadyman

With just one year left of his contract by 2023 summer, 60m will be more than adequate for him (Levy is just the issue)

Yeah would be mine too especially when you finishes like that one today,yes admittedly against lower league opposition

yfoFC

Yeah would be mine too especially when you finishes like that one today,yes admittedly against lower league opposition

He's done it at every level so no doubting him

And bonus points for coming here and breaking Shearer's record in a red shirt :smirk:

Hulme91

If it doesn’t work out with Osimhen then we should be trying to get in Kane. He’d be mad to sign another deal with Spurs
Kane is a vastly superior striker with a far better injury record
Just go for the better option first up

Wilt

Levy will initially want more but if Kane doesn’t extend his contract Levy will bite yer hand off for £60m

Bojan Djordjic

Kane is a vastly superior striker with a far better injury record
Just go for the better option first up
I would consider Osimhen more unlucky than injury prone though. Some of his big 'injuries' keeping him out include a fractured cheekbone and two bouts of Covid.

kps88

Think he would enjoy the jump up of being supplied by Rashford, Bruno, his old mate Eriksen along with proven class in Varane and Casemiro.
Definitely. His numbers would likely go up as well.

But the jump in terms of trophy potential will remain a risk. All we have to show him is a pretty good half season under ETH where we are still only a few points ahead of Spurs. He has to decide whether our potential is worth risking his Spurs legacy over.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't see anyone better than him around. I'd just be surprised he if ends up playing for any other PL side

NoPace

I don't see anyone better than him around. I'd just be surprised he if ends up playing for any other PL side
I could still see him going to City if Haaland decides to go to Madrid to replace Benzema in say 2024, with Endrick being their #2 striker from age 18 to like 22 while Haaland is there, and maybe the main RW since he's left-footed.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Paul Merson reckons he’d turn us into title challengers and that he’s better than haaland. He also said we could probably win the CL with him. No doubt he’s a class player and I think he could turn us into title challengers, we create enough chances, he’ll easily get us 20*goals a season. I think if he was gonna leave though it would have happened a few seasons ago when he nearly joined city.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is he actually a target man ? because he drops quite deep almost like a false 9. wonder if that would suit ten hag.

CM

All the stuff about Kane not have a winning mentality is complete fluff. Put him in a winning team and he wins trophies. You don't score as many goals as he has in his career if you don't have something about you.

Member 101269

All the stuff about Kane not have a winning mentality is complete fluff. Put him in a winning team and he wins trophies. You don't score as many goals as he has in his career if you don't have something about you.
having a winning career mentality is different than the ability to score. The former isn't fluff, it's reality, the latter is fluff until it's reality

CM

having a winning career mentality is different than the ability to score. The former isn't fluff, it's reality, the latter is fluff until it's reality
The Spurs team he's in hasn't been capable of winning anything since the Pochettino days, and even that team wasn't up to anything for the last year or so of Pochettino's stint.

It's an unfair metric to judge a player by when the team around him isn't good enough. Teddy Sheringham hadn't won a trophy with Forest or Spurs until he made the jump to United in his 30s, then he won the treble.

Member 101269

The Spurs team he's in hasn't been capable of winning anything since the Pochettino days, and even that team wasn't up to anything for the last year or so of Pochettino's stint.

It's an unfair metric to judge a player by when the team around him isn't good enough. Teddy Sheringham hadn't won a trophy with Forest or Spurs until he made the jump to United in his 30s, then he won the treble.

It's absolutely unfair to measure him other than where he's played, where he's signed contract and where he's been since 2004. What is with brining in Teddy Sheringham, he wasn't a one club man.

CM

It's absolutely unfair to measure him other than where he's played, where he's signed contract and where he's been since 2004. What is with brining in Teddy Sheringham, he wasn't a one club man.
I never claimed he was. Sheringham is the closest comparison because he was a reliable goalscorer (although still nowhere near Kane's numbers) and didn't win anything in his career until joining United at a similar age.

It's such a weird thing to be pinning the fortunes of a club with no history of winning on one player, when he's consistently won games for them dragged them out of the mire.

Member 101269

I never claimed he was. Sheringham is the closest comparison because he was a reliable goalscorer (although still nowhere near Kane's numbers) and didn't win anything in his career until joining United at a similar age.

It's such a weird thing to be pinning the fortunes of a club with no history of winning on one player, when he's consistently won games for them dragged them out of the mire.
There is the issue; you talk about numbers but ignore what was being discussed. 19 years at one club is a long time, it'll be very difficult for him and his settled family to leave. I haven't suggest pinning the fortuned of the club on one player. I'm saying his career choice to stay is his history. That history is a career of not winning. He chose to settle for not winning.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
But it's what he's world class at. Dropping deep, holding up the ball if necessary, and spraying through-balls to runners.
He could be a pretty good box player as well, he didn't start going deep till jose came around, look at his earlier games where he was you average type of striker.

It's obviously a nice thing to have in his locker but I assume if he were to move here wouldn't do it as much, I steal stay in the box or thereqbou and play off our wingers or poach.

Motorman

I would be fully for Kane in the summer.

Think his age is sometimes putting people off but think of when Cavani came in and some of the great goals be scored. Even then, a lot of people were talking about imagine if we had signed him in his prime etc. Get him in and with pace on either wing he would fit like a glove.

Havak

Pokemon master
Lots of valid points.

For me, it feels like Kane was convinced to stay at Spurs due to the project with Conte in charge. But, their actual business of outright purchasing players to back that up leaves something to be desired. Conte is obviously very much questioning whether to stay, so, I think it's a valid argument that Kane would also have a difficult decision to make.

Which clubs look most likely to move forward over the next season or two if there was a poll on Sky Sports right now? Man Utd, Newcastle, or Spurs? Hard to say which team people think is in the best position, but I would guarantee Spurs get the least votes.

CM

There is the issue; you talk about numbers but ignore what was being discussed. 19 years at one club is a long time, it'll be very difficult for him and his settled family to leave. I haven't suggest pinning the fortuned of the club on one player. I'm saying his career choice to stay is his history. That history is a career of not winning. He chose to settle for not winning.
Well that simply isn't true because he pushed to leave Spurs a couple of summers ago. The only reason he didn't move is because they blocked the transfer.

Erik the Red

Lots of valid points.

For me, it feels like Kane was convinced to stay at Spurs due to the project with Conte in charge. But, their actual business of outright purchasing players to back that up leaves something to be desired. Conte is obviously very much questioning whether to stay, so, I think it's a valid argument that Kane would also have a difficult decision to make.

Which clubs look most likely to move forward over the next season or two if there was a poll on Sky Sports right now? Man Utd, Newcastle, or Spurs? Hard to say which team people think is in the best position, but I would guarantee Spurs get the least votes.
I actually think it's really difficult to predict which premier league clubs are going to be consistently competing for trophies / in the champions league over the next five years. I guess City would be expected to be there or thereabouts every year, but who else, Man Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham? He wanted to go to City a couple of year ago, but since then they have bought Haaland and Alverez, so unlikely to sign Kane any time soon unless Haaland leaves. Could he do the unthinkable and go to Arsenal? Could they even afford him? Chelsea and Newcastle could both afford him, and Chelsea need a striker, whilst Newcastle will want to make a statement. I would like to think we are now going to start competing for trophies every year, but for a player considering whether to join, we haven't won much in the past ten years. A strong showing for the rest of this season may help convince Kane that we will win trophies in the near future.

croadyman

Unfortunately this is why I find it so hard to imagine a deal happening. Ideally, I would like us to bring in Kane and Moukoko.
IF Weghorst delivers between 5-10 goals until end of season I wouldn't be against making him a permanent backup to a Kane/Osimhen/Vlahovic type striker