Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Strootman's Finger

I can see us go for Kane.

a- he's a statement signing
b- he's on a budget (Levy can't ask silly money for him considering that he's heading towards the end of his contract)
c- he fits ETH's system.
d- He's British ie homegrown rule
e- There aren't many top strikers around

ETH would probably sell Martial, he would promote McNeill and he'd probably add a young striker in the mix.
Ten Hag love's Martial, he's important to his system.

Suv666

50m should be a fair price. Anything over that and we are being robbed. He isn’t the same player of 2 years ago. Has lost considerable speed and agility still an incredible player but clearly at the tail end of his career.

Strootman's Finger

Kane is an incredible player, this was a dream move for a long time. But I don't get the point of hiring a manager like Ten Hag, who's strengths include developing young players, only to continue our policy of buying stop gap, older players. I would much prefer to sign Sesko, then Osimhen, and have Ten Hag develop them into a Kane level player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kane is an incredible player, this was a dream move for a long time. But I don't get the point of hiring a manager like Ten Hag, who's strengths include developing young players, only to continue our policy of buying stop gap, older players. I would much prefer to sign Sesko, then Osimhen, and have Ten Hag develop them into a Kane level player.
Sesko is joining Leipzig this summer, and has a lot of developing to do. We get Kane this summer, and we can go for Sesko in 3-4 years anyway. Ten Hag is a manager who is good enough to win. It makes no sense to get a development project at a key position like CF when we have Casemiro and Varane and Bruno all a "win now" age. We are in a win now window, and we need the striker who can live up to that.

Mmm-Qatarian

I'd wager Osimhen would probably cost not far short of double the price of Kane. Sesko is unlikely to be any cheaper as well.

I understand that Levy is unlikely to want to sell to us but my suspicion is that, with a year left on Kane's contract, he will probably end up sanctioning the move.

neilv93

50m should be a fair price. Anything over that and we are being robbed. He isn’t the same player of 2 years ago. Has lost considerable speed and agility still an incredible player but clearly at the tail end of his career.
Have to disagree, he has 15G and 5A in 20 league games for a crap Spurs team this season. He's still a fantastic player and will age well IMO.

Trex

He's the sort of quality that can get us over the line.. Our forward line is youngish, Kane still got three decent seasons in him, atleast two more where he'll be top notch. We shouldn't be buying wingers in the considerable future in the long run, so we should throw our hat at getting Kane regardless of age.
Kane and a top central midfielder gets us to truly challenge.

Trex

This is united. we're trying to compete against city, we want to compete at the top end and actually win things. How good Sesko turns out even under the best coaching is unknown. Osimhen is further ahead in this case I think our center forward signing could define our next season and am more willing to bet on Kane.

Strootman's Finger

Sesko is joining Leipzig this summer, and has a lot of developing to do. We get Kane this summer, and we can go for Sesko in 3-4 years anyway. Ten Hag is a manager who is good enough to win. It makes no sense to get a development project at a key position like CF when we have Casemiro and Varane and Bruno all a "win now" age. We are in a win now window, and we need the striker who can live up to that.
Why shouldn't keep waiting till players hit their peak (or pass it) before trying to buy them at maximum cost. Buy Sesko now and save the 50 mil that might be tacked on over those 4 years.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's the sort of quality that can get us over the line.. Our forward line is youngish, Kane still got three decent seasons in him, atleast two more where he'll be top notch. We shouldn't be buying wingers in the considerable future in the long run, so we should throw our hat at getting Kane regardless of age.
Kane and a top central midfielder gets us to truly challenge.
£85m would be an awful lot to pay for just two top notch seasons. And that's ignoring the fact that the above piece says a PL rival would need to pay more than £85m.

And unlike younger players like Sesko/Osimhen, there's little prospect of receiving any significant future fee for Kane when he leaves. That £85m is gone.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Any weight on these rumours or just another newspaper bullcrap ? He would fit us like a glove. Unless he had a ronaldoesque decline or big injury he would make us compete for the title next season

Trex

Why shouldn't keep waiting till players hit their peak (or pass it) before trying to buy them at maximum cost. Buy Sesko now and save the 50 mil that might be tacked on over those 4 years.
We need to consider our short term goals, We're not far off competing and Sesko can't get us there. Its not so easy for a player at that level to develop at united given the pressure and expectations.

Trex

£85m would be an awful lot to pay for just two top notch seasons. And that's ignoring the fact that the above piece says a PL rival would need to pay more £85m.
Is it too much to pay to win the EPL again?

Castia

Top player but 30 in the summer. Id rather go for a younger striker that will be here for 5+ years.

Reynoldo

£85m would be an awful lot to pay for just two top notch seasons. And that's ignoring the fact that the above piece says a PL rival would need to pay more than £85m.

And unlike younger players like Sesko/Osimhen, there's little prospect of receiving any significant future fee for Kane when he leaves. That £85m is gone.
I think £65 max factoring levy tax and pl tax

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Top player but 30 in the summer. Id rather go for a younger striker that will be here for 5+ years.
Kane can bang them in for 4-5 years. Hes so fecking good, even when Tottenham are dogshite hes scoring. I think he's going to be a superb pick up for anyone. Really hope it's not a PL club outside of us anyway.

RuudTom83

I wonder if Kane would approach any exit from Spurs differently this time?

His tactics last time failed to get himself a move to City…interesting to see what he does in the summer.

70 million would be the maximum I’d go to.

morree

Kane literally guarantees you goals in the premier league and isn't a gamble at all and he could be the key to push us closer to the title with a few other signings. Can't say the same for Sesko and Osimhen since we don't know how they would fair in the premier league. I think Kane still has at least 4-5 top level years in him so there would still be time to get other strikers in future windows. For me he is a no-brainer for anything around 70-80m

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I wonder if Kane would approach any exit from Spurs differently this time?

His tactics last time failed to get himself a move to City…interesting to see what he does in the summer.

70 million would be the maximum I’d go to.
I would guess he'll avoid being as open about his desire to leave this time.

Trex

Arguably not if it guaranteed that we win the league. But it doesn't, at all.
He's the best bet for a number 9, and considering our current squad we aren't mile away, we need to take advantage of Casemiro, Varane, Bruno before they decline. Winning improves our chances in the future to attract the best.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Great player, but not the right signing. Looking at our recent striker purchases they have all been the wrong age profile, with the exception of Martial - Cavani, Ronaldo, Ibra, etc. Kane is 30 in the summer and has had more than a few injuries in his time. Would much prefer Osimhen or Sesko. Would love us to go back in for Felix too.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Only concern is his age and he ends up sidelined with injuries a lot. Other than that he’s perfect for us.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Levy playing a dangerous game. In this instance the power is with the buying club & Kane.

£85M now or free next summer.

They can demand 85M + but it won’t happen. Heck I’d be surprised if he went for 85M - would suspect something closer to 70-75M

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's the best bet for a number 9, and considering our current squad we aren't mile away, we need to take advantage of Casemiro, Varane, Bruno before they decline. Winning improves our chances in the future to attract the best.
The flip side to that argument is that we don't need to add another big money signing to that list of key players who will decline and need to be replaced within a relatively short-period of time.

If our current squad isn't a million miles away then there's no reason to think Harry Kane and only Harry Kane will allow us to win a league title. It's not like you can't win league titles with strikers in their 20's, it's just about signing the right one.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
A transfer now for anything over 70m will see Spurs getting the better end of that deal. Let him run his contract down.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Any story which includes linking us with Sesko loses credibility when we know he's going to Leipzig.

Trex

The flip side to that argument is that we don't need to add another big money signing to that list of key players who will decline and need to be replaced within a relatively short-period of time. At which poin

If our current squad isn't a million miles away then there's no reason to think Harry Kane and only Harry Kane will allow us to win a league title. It's not like you can't win league titles with strikers in their 20's, it's just about signing the right one.
If we can find an elite striker who is younger then sure. Sesko is only a prospect, and Osimhen while a very good young player is more a gamble and isn't at the level of Kane and may never be (to be fair he's on course to be the EPL greatest goal scorer).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sesko is already signed for Leipzig for this summer. And Sesko is not ready to be a striker to get us competing for the league. Might get there in a few years. Strong chance he doesn't and just develops to a good/not great level like most youngsters do. In which case, you've wasted the primes of Casemiro, Varane and Bruno on a project.

The dumbest thing a club can do when they are 1 player away to compete, is to pass on the player when they are available and go for a project on the basis of "he might work out" on the absolute max side of their potential development, and waste the actual ready made world class players that they have.