Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He totally doesn't fit the Ten Hag style. Not sure why people don't get this. We've just spent months whinging Ronaldo wasn't mobile, pressing, fast enough, but then we keep on about Kane, who isn't any of those things either?
Kane isn't exactly comparable to Ronaldo, surely ? He can press, can hold,can pass ?

Also don't get this narrative that he isn't a ETH player.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This is what people miss. Levy isn't a great business mind, he's an egomaniacal idiot. He would prefer to get £100m for Kane than see Spurs win the CL because he loves his reputation as a "tough negotiator", even though as you've pointed out it is frequently to the detriment of his team.

I wouldn't be shocked if he prices Kane out of a move in the summer and then pretends that Kane is betraying Spurs when he moves on a free in summer 2024.
False choice there :lol:

He oversaw a side that made it to the CL final and was a perennial top 4 side.

He's an astute chairman. He won't let his players go for pennies, so obviously he's hated on a United forum :lol:

croadyman

Kane isn't exactly comparable to Ronaldo, surely ? He can press, can hold,can pass ?

Also don't get this narrative that he isn't a ETH player.
I like Kane for the here and now,however feel we need to think long term so would prefer Osimhen. I also could see Erik getting something out of him that Napoli haven't yet.

demetre

Why not? What's your opinion based? I'd say we're comfortably the most likely destination in this country if he leaves.
Just a gut feeling mostly. There's no Woodward to chase for a "galactico" signing anymore and I also think ETH will prefer someone younger and more dynamic.

There's no chance Kane will sign for Chelsea, Spurs fan would never forgive him. Its either United or go overseas.
Would they really hate him any less if he signs for us?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I like Kane for the here and now,however feel we need to think long term so would prefer Osimhen. I also could see Erik getting something out of him that Napoli haven't yet.
120m is way too much. Kane should only cost half of that. I would happily take Kane for 50-60m.

dinostar77

We could end up with neither. For all we know Osimhen could end up at Real Madrid and Kane at Bayern.

Also cant rule out Chelsea getting either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just a gut feeling mostly. There's no Woodward to chase for a "galactico" signing anymore and I also think ETH will prefer someone younger and more dynamic.

Would they really hate him any less if he signs for us?
Football goon fans will be goons yes.
But Chelsea will definitely be a less popular move!

Knowing Tottenham fans they'll be insistent neither are a step up!

Suedesi

He is their player. There is no law saying you can’t quote different people different prices.
Well, I realized Spurs are not publicly held - if they were I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to do that. I.e. if Bayern offered 80mm and United 90mm, and he still went to Bayern, Levy wouldn't have done the best for shareholder value and he'd be facing a lawsuit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m opening up to Osimhen due to his heading ability - but then I can’t stop seeing how deep players like Martial and Weghorst get when playing as a striker that it looks like what Kane could do for us.

On the other hand Haller didn’t play deep but more as a target man I think - so it depends if Ten Hag has adapted his tactics to play deeper strikers or one more as a target man.

I feel like Kane could do both though whilst Osimhen would probably only do one.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Kane at United from the start of the current season and I reckon we'd be currently sat within plus or minus 3 points of Arsenal. Kane would turn the draws into wins more often than not. He destroyed Palace recently.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
On the BBC's match thread:
For the second, they were ragged and wide open, Spurs opened them up on the counter attack with Kane exploiting the gaps through his boundless energy and running.

Sounds like a perfect fit for us!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m too young to fully remember Shearer (I remember his last 5ish years but was it this sad for anyone else to watch one of the best, if not the best PL striker ever, waste his career and see a team with the potential to win something, waste them too?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Come on 'Arry, contract is up next Summer. Do what you failed to a few windows ago and actually convince ole Danny boy to let you go and join a team that could be an actual title contender!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I’m too young to fully remember Shearer (I remember his last 5ish years but was it this sad for anyone else to watch one of the best, if not the best PL striker ever, waste his career and see a team with the potential to win something, waste them too?
Thing was Arsenal had Henry, Liverpool had Owen, we had Cole/Yorke/Solskjaer, meaning Shearer's options were quite limited and while he was great the other sides also had great strikers so he didn't really stand out. With Kane not only does he stand out like a sore thumb at Spurs but up until this season with Haaland he's been the only real striker in the league since Aguero started declining so him wasting his career is even more obvious

December_16

Thing was Arsenal had Henry, Liverpool had Owen, we had Cole/Yorke/Solskjaer, meaning Shearer's options were quite limited and while he was great the other sides also had great strikers so he didn't really stand out. With Kane not only does he stand out like a sore thumb at Spurs but up until this season with Haaland he's been the only real striker in the league since Aguero started declining so him wasting his career is even more obvious
I was too young to remember for sure, but weren’t we in for Shearer before he decided to join Newcastle? That was before Yorke/Sheringham/Solskjaer, maybe around the same time Cole joined us. Don’t think we were ever in for him again afterwards.

Wayne's World

He's a brilliant player on the ball but off the ball he's a liability these days. Don't think he suits Conte's style of football either

Still has his moments but I'd worry If we went for him because he could become another Ronaldo situation down the line

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I was too young to remember for sure, but weren’t we in for Shearer before he decided to join Newcastle? That was before Yorke/Sheringham/Solskjaer, maybe around the same time Cole joined us. Don’t think we were ever in for him again afterwards.
SAF tried and failed to sign him twice. Shearer chose Blackburn for the money and then Newcastle because they were the team he supported as a kid

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yeah correct, I remember there were rumours of us going in for him towards the end of his career but I expect it was just paper talk at that point

croadyman

Still edging towards Osimhen due to longevity, however if the price is so different then maybe a decision to make

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a brilliant player on the ball but off the ball he's a liability these days. Don't think he suits Conte's style of football either

Still has his moments but I'd worry If we went for him because he could become another Ronaldo situation down the line
Down the line maybe, but keep in mind the ages of Varane, Casemiro and Bruno. Get a striker who we know would get us to title challenging level while these guys are in their prime. Don't waste their prime by getting a long term guy who won't do as well, and then when we need to replace the others we need another world class player to step us up. Get the guy in now, and worry about long term when it comes to it. Casemiro, Bruno, Varane and Kane all have probably from 3-5 years left in their peaks/at a top level depending on how they age. So take advantage of these next 3 years that we know they'll all be top players.

croadyman

Down the line maybe, but keep in mind the ages of Varane, Casemiro and Bruno. Get a striker who we know would get us to title challenging level while these guys are in their prime. Don't waste their prime by getting a long term guy who won't do as well, and then when we need to replace the others we need another world class player to step us up. Get the guy in now, and worry about long term when it comes to it. Casemiro, Bruno, Varane and Kane all have probably from 3-5 years left in their peaks/at a top level depending on how they age. So take advantage of these next 3 years that we know they'll all be top players.
You make very valid points but does he fit Erik's ideal striker and is he within the price bracket too

dinostar77

SAF tried and failed to sign him twice. Shearer chose Blackburn for the money and then Newcastle because they were the team he supported as a kid
SAF has gone on record, in one of his books, where he said that if prime shearer came to Utd. Utd would have won a few more CL trophies. He was that good.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Kane probably guarantees 60 goals (and probably countless assists) over 3 seasons IMO. Per £ I think it would be an interesting deal.

dinostar77

Shearer's on the record as absolutely hating us though. He'd never have come, no matter what.
We were close to signing him after his stint at blackburn, but he chose newcastle as it was his boyhood club (the idiot).

Shame we didnt have the financial means to get gabriel batistuta from fiorentina at the time. Him, shearer and R9 were the best strikers in europe at the time.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
We were close to signing him after his stint at blackburn, but he chose newcastle as it qas his boyhood club (the idiot).

Shame we didnt have the financial means to get gabriel batistuta from fiorentina at the time. Him, shearer and R9 were the best strikers in europe at the time.
Never mind we got Ole instead.

Drawfull

We were close to signing him after his stint at blackburn, but he chose newcastle as it was his boyhood club (the idiot).

Shearer has strongly refuted that version of events to the point that he is (again) on the record saying he literately hates United, and would never have even considered joining, but it's a long time ago and I guess not important.

""

But then there's another quote of him saying he was tempted to join us, from 2006, so feck knows.

Last edited:

Idxomer

He might be the best striker available in the summer but I think stylistically Osimhen suits us more.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
SAF has gone on record, in one of his books, where he said that if prime shearer came to Utd. Utd would have won a few more CL trophies. He was that good.
I know how could he was - Shearer in the United team of the 90's would have meant us winning the PL pretty much ever year fir a decade

jm99

False choice there :lol:

He oversaw a side that made it to the CL final and was a perennial top 4 side.

He's an astute chairman. He won't let his players go for pennies, so obviously he's hated on a United forum :lol:
Is he? They managed to get kane and son for a combined 22m, but they really haven't capitalised off of having two of the best attackers in the league, when they leave or decline (which is going to be the next couple of seasons, spurs will drift back towards midtable away from the top 6

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Is he? They managed to get kane and son for a combined 22m, but they really haven't capitalised off of having two of the best attackers in the league, when they leave or decline (which is going to be the next couple of seasons, spurs will drift back towards midtable away from the top 6
Yeah he is

There are no guarantees of success in the PL. Having Kane and Son isn't much going against Man City and Chelsea and United and Arsenal and Liverpool. All you can do is compete. And they did that for a sustained period of time.

Only in the context of Football Manager where you can nickel and dime your way to the top is Levy a bad chairman. And even so, what English club has successfully made it to the top despite selling their best players off regularly?

jm99

Yeah he is

There are no guarantees of success in the PL. Having Kane and Son isn't much going against Man City and Chelsea and United and Arsenal and Liverpool. All you can do is compete. And they did that for a sustained period of time.

Only in the context of Football Manager where you can nickel and dime your way to the top is Levy a bad chairman. And even so, what English club has successfully made it to the top despite selling their best players off regularly?
His appointment of managers isn't great, he got rid of mourinho right before a cup final which was really odd. I think Woodward would have gotten pelters for hiring mourinho at that time after his spell with us, and would have been criticised for appointing conte at the time spurs did. They managed to make the CL spots fairly regularly thanks to kane and son, they're based in London, and the TV rights money has been pouring in while they've been making top 4. Despite this they seem to have made very few genuinely successful signings.