Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't think Kane would pick either of them over United (especially as Chelsea won't be in CL) and Levy wouldn't sell to a local rival I don't think. United have the global rep for it to actually be worth it for Kane too, and we are much closer to actually competing for the title than Newcastle is. Kane grew up with United being the biggest club around, so the reputation of the club will have some impact for him.

It'll come down to Bayern or United IMO. At United, Kane would become all time PL top scorer and be the step up to compete for the title. At Bayern, he would guarantee league titles every year but in a league he doesn't care about, but then compete for the CL. More I think about it, the more I think we are by far the best positioned to get him.
When Chelsea are offering him the largest and longest contract that neither United or Bayern will match, it could be a point of deliberation, I’d think. At that point Kane has a decision to make between potential trophies and more money in a contract than he’ll ever get a chance of again - plus the belief Chelsea can be resurgent. It’s also his last elite earning one, so I could understand him opting for it.

Of course, us being sold to an obscenely wealthy state etc. does probably negate the financial gulf there’d currently be between our proposal and what both Newcastle and Chelsea could offer.

Rolaholic

RVP 2.0 if we somehow snag him

Still highly doubt that Levy will even entertain it tbf but man if it happens...

Aren't many more sure things in football than Harry fecking Kane scoring at least 20 a season :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Still highly doubt that Levy will even entertain it tbf but man if it happens...

Aren't many more sure things in football than Harry fecking Kane scoring 20 a season in the league :lol:
He’s a businessman. He’s not going to throw away £100 million essentially in lost transfer fee and wages out of spite. He will make a deal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
When Chelsea are offering him the largest and longest contract that neither United or Bayern will match, it could be a point of deliberation, I’d think. At that point Kane has a decision to make between potential trophies and more money in a contract than he’ll ever get a chance of again - plus the belief Chelsea can be resurgent. It’s also his last elite earning one, so I could understand him opting for it.

Of course, us being sold to an obscenely wealthy state etc. does probably negate the financial gulf there’d currently be between our proposal and what both Newcastle and Chelsea could offer.
Nah Kane won't leave Spurs for just money. Chelsea are literally a mid table team and nobody has a clue who their manager will be. He will only leave Spurs for a club that truly can win titles. Kane would right away just tell Chelsea he simply isn't interested, mainly as they will not be in the CL. I really don't see Chelsea as an option in the slightest. He'd sooner stay at Spurs, but Kane would get huge money at United anyway. Players just don't rip up their legacy by joining a local rival after spending their whole career at one club and becoming the clubs all time top scorer, being loyal through years of mediocrity... He's shown that Spurs means something to him, and he wouldn't rip that up for literally just money but a worse football team than Spurs, at Chelsea.

But as I said. You make it sound like United don't regularly have among the highest wage bills in the world... Financially, whatever we offer Kane would be fine. We just got rid of Ronaldo on like 500k a week, and we'd probably put Kane on similar to Varane and Casemiro. At Bayern he would also be paid well, just like Mane did going there. It'll come down to career aspirations for him IMO. The club reputation, the balance of guaranteed title wins with Bayern vs the risk at United but being in the PL, but with the added bonus (which is big for him) of being all time PL top scorer which he is literally 2 normal seasons away from after this season.

ShinjiNinja26

Aren't many more sure things in football than Harry fecking Kane scoring 20 a season in the league :lol:
Here’s hoping. One outstanding season leading us to a league title would be more than worth it. :drool:

cyberman

Don’t want him. No point in lining us now when you’re slowing down Harry and feck you Levy with how you treat English lbs who want your players.
Hope he’s off to Bayern who offer 30m or take him for free 12 months later

lex talionis

I can’t see Harry leave the prem. The goal scoring record is too tempting to walk away from to go to a league one club steamrolls everyone else and only gets noticed outside their league in the latter stages of the CL.

It’s down to United and Newcastle.

Berbaclass

Bayern isn’t an option IMO. There’s no way he leaves England when he’s 62 goal’s behind the PL all time top goalscorer.

We’re pretty much his only option I think. Chelsea and Arsenal are obvious no with the rivalry

Judas

Open to offers
I'd be very cautious of signing him, but I expect us to buy him. I think the moments gone, and for the price he'll cost, we'd be better off investing in someone younger, even if the options aren't close to his level. Maybe Conte's football is having a negative impact on his performances, which isn't far fetched, but he doesn't look the same to me, and I think he's on the decline.

Berbaclass

I'd be very cautious of signing him, but I expect us to buy him. I think the moments gone, and for the price he'll cost, we'd be better off investing in someone younger, even if the options aren't close to his level. Maybe Conte's football is having a negative impact on his performances, which isn't far fetched, but he doesn't look the same to me, and I think he's on the decline.
In all fairness he’s scored 6 less than Haaland this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bayern isn’t an option IMO. There’s no way he leaves England when he’s 62 goal’s behind the PL all time top goalscorer.

We’re pretty much his only option I think. Chelsea and Arsenal are obvious no with the rivalry
I would LOVE to have Kane here. I think he is world class striker.
But he would be stupid to pick United over Bayern. And don't be mistaken; Bayern will be all over him. They need no9

bosnian_red

Don’t want him. No point in lining us now when you’re slowing down Harry and feck you Levy with how you treat English lbs who want your players.
Hope he’s off to Bayern who offer 30m or take him for free 12 months later
He's a world class striker and is the type to play into his mid 30's like Lewandowski and Benzema, for sure IMO. He's turning 30 this summer. With Spurs, he is their main creator and main scorer, and he plays in a counter attacking/negative side which requires more fast breaks (sprints) from your attackers. United is transitioning into a high press, possession and control side. Kane has always relied on his technique, has always been strong, has always been great at hold up and link up play. He can move around fine, and his range of passing would be great for our wingers who offer the threat in behind. I honestly think Kane fits us like a glove and especially would get Rashford to step up a level further.

Just picture it, a striker who can make the ball stick up top, be a target for crosses, also have great technique and creativity to link up and play passes to runners around him, but also has great box movement to get the goals too..

Look at the ages of our squad too. 3 of our most key players are right around Kane's age where they have 3-5 years left as elite players. Bruno, Varane and Casemiro. Get them a striker who we know would get us competing for the biggest prizes. Kane would do that, and is right in the same age where he has 3-5 years left. By the time these guys need replacing, Rashford would be pretty much 30. A ready made elite striker is the best choice for us by far in terms of our squad build, and now is the time to make that push to compete.

Berbaclass

But he would be stupid to pick United over Bayern. And don't be mistaken; Bayern will be all over him. They need no9
As I said he most likely wants to break Shearer's record now he's so close.

bosnian_red

One of Kane's biggest motivators is understandably being the all time top PL goalscorer. As the guy said, he's 62 goals away. I don't see him walking away from that chance, if he has the chance to go to another English club who isn't a local rival to Spurs, has some world class players and is showing they are on their way to being a real title challenger for the immediate next few years. For a guy born in 1993 in England who grew up with United being the biggest side, the reputation thing will be a big deal, but as will the career aspirations of winning the Premier League vs guaranteed winning the Bundesliga. Uprooting his family from London to Manchester is one thing, and an entirely different thing going from London to Germany. Being the all time top scorer ahead of Shearer will forever write his name down in football history, whereas if he leaves before it, he'll be a Spurs legend who was 2nd or 3rd on the all time scorer charts who then won some easy titles with Bayern.

There's a lot more that goes into it, but United have a lot of reasons why we would be his #1 choice.

bosnian_red

I think that he wants to win trophies more than individual stuff. And Bayern guarantees that
Bayern guarantees the Bundesliga. United he has a chance at the PL. The PL is a much more meaningful trophy for him to win. But the all time top PL scorer at the same time is a huge deal as well and is a much bigger honor to win than a Bundesliga title win.

Berbaclass

Bayern guarantees the Bundesliga. United he has a chance at the PL. The PL is a much more meaningful trophy for him to win. But the all time top PL scorer at the same time is a huge deal as well and is a much bigger honor to win than a Bundesliga title win.
Exactly, winning the PL and becoming PL top goalscorer would make him immortal. Winning with Bayern would almost be meaningless and wouldn't even be a challenge so why would he do that

bosnian_red

Yeah exactly, so it could just be Spurs and Conte dragging him down. He could come here and smash it, I wouldn’t be surprised. Just cautious about it.
He's been pretty class this year though. He's at 0.89 xG and xA per 90 minutes, which is pretty much right up there with his best ever seasons (0.9 in 16/17, 0.89 in 17/18). 15 league goals after half a season, and he's playing in a defensive system. Playing for a Ten Hag type coach would do wonders for his longevity and his productivity as well IMO.

bosnian_red

Exactly, winning the PL and becoming PL top goalscorer would make him immortal. Winning with Bayern would almost be meaningless and wouldn't even be a challenge so why would he do that
Yeah. I think he chooses Bayern over United if United has a mediocre 2nd half of the season, so it's key for United to show that we can actually compete at the top, convince him that he can be the missing piece to get us over the line. Because if we are just "meh", then he could just as easily join Newcastle, stay at Spurs, extend another year and then leave for free after he gets the record for some title wins. Getting him this summer is only possible for the mix of being a realistic shout for big trophies.

Berbaclass

Yeah. I think he chooses Bayern over United if United has a mediocre 2nd half of the season, so it's key for United to show that we can actually compete at the top, convince him that he can be the missing piece to get us over the line. Because if we are just "meh", then he could just as easily join Newcastle, stay at Spurs, extend another year and then leave for free after he gets the record for some title wins. Getting him this summer is only possible for the mix of being a realistic shout for big trophies.
Newcastle is a sideways move from Spurs. Ten Hag will sell him the vision and he'll sign for us IMO.

MegadrivePerson

It'd be in 18months for starters, and Kane doesn't have all the time in the world to wait.
Plus, as he's just seen his City dream disappear permanently, he wouldn't want to wait 18months, and potentially see even a United dream blown.

I enjoyed your idea of him trying to bully Levy though. As if he'd let him leave mid season! They'd be finished even for Europa places!
If you read what I'd said, I clearly stated end of the summer transfer window.

Spurs are dreaming if they think they can get 80 million!

40 to 50 is fair!

It could be the perfect summer signing. He'd be so determined to really try and win something too!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you read what I'd said, I clearly stated end of the summer transfer window.

Spurs are dreaming if they think they can get 80 million!

40 to 50 is fair!

It could be the perfect summer signing. He'd be so determined to really try and win something too!
There's not a chance he goes for 40m. It's Levy!

ForeverRed1

I’m just not sure that he’d want to go to another london club.

-Supreme-

I think he will go for around £50m mark, Sterling a year younger who also had a year left on his contract went for similar amount.