g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
So's Lewandowski. So's Benzema. It's fashionable to be a worldclass CF without pace in the modern game.
Lewandowski is not slow at all. He is rapid. Always been so. Definitely not "without pace".

Here's a glimpse of it if you're interested.

croadyman

I almost wish Osimhen would go to another league for few years then get him at 27/28 after Kane has been here for 3/4 years

Djemba-Djemba

The Telegraph say Levy will still be demanding 100m for Kane this summer from any interested English clubs despite the fact his contract runs out in 2024.

If that's the case then forget it, I'd love to have Kane here but 100m would be ridiculous. Levy will once again be pricing Kane out of a move and he's going to be stuck there again.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I almost wish Osimhen would go to another league for few years then get him at 27/28 after Kane has been here for 3/4 years
Aside from psg I don't think there's anyone that could afford him aside from pl clubs.

Maybe bayern but they rarely cough up that amount of money.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Even with 12 months remaining on his deal at the end of the season and the threat of him eventually leaving on a free transfer, it is still believed Levy will demand £100 million for Kane from any English club this year, with the price likely to be lower for overseas clubs interested in him.
If that price tag is even remotely close to true we should be staying a bazillion miles away from him.

redcucumber

This time next year he can be formally tapped for a free signing in summer 2024. There's no way one season of a 30 year old Harry Kane is worth £100m (his signing on fee as a free agent will be significant, but still.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We have experienced quality in GK, CB, CDM, CM, and CAM.

Where we don’t is at fullback & in the wing where we arguably full with players in their prime or are young.

The only place we have no one of experienced is Striker if we look at Wout Weghorst as a loan striker only.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
The Telegraph say Levy will still be demanding 100m for Kane this summer from any interested English clubs despite the fact his contract runs out in 2024.

If that's the case then forget it, I'd love to have Kane here but 100m would be ridiculous. Levy will once again be pricing Kane out of a move and he's going to be stuck there again.
That's called negotiating.

He's hardly going to come out and say "Yeah I'll probably sell him for 60m towards the end of the window when I panic about him leaving for free the following year".

NK86

He's hardly going to come out and say "Yeah I'll probably sell him for 60m towards the end of the window when I panic about him leaving for free the following year".
Issue with that is there's only 2 top PL teams who want a striker - Chelsea (who will be getting Nkuku) and Man UTD (who are very desperate for a #9).

Both clubs would not want to wait till deadline day to make a deal especially since they may end up without a #9 if Levy then decides to be a dick (very high probability of that), so may move on much earlier.

In that case Levy blows up his chance of getting decent money for Kane and he leaves on a free next summer.

Think if Kane leaves this upcoming summer window, it will be done by the middle of the window at the latest.

Devil81

There's no chance Kane will sign for Chelsea, Spurs fan would never forgive him. Its either United or go overseas.
It's exactly that, my view is I'd only be happy with Kane if we had middle east investment, age doesn't come into play then as replacing him wouldn't really ever be an issue.

If we didn't get that level of investment I wouldn't be breaking the bank for him, I'd be looking toward younger potential.

dinostar77

Lets give them martial and maguire to bring down the price.

Then as we are being nice, throw in phil jones and donny for free. Cause we are nice like that.

Djemba-Djemba

Yes but Levy has form for this.

Anyone else yes you'd assume they were bluffing but Levy has done similar in the past. He dragged out the Berbatov sale to Utd for as long as possible meaning when he was finally sold they had no time left to get a replacement and it fecked them over. Could easily see him pricing Kane out of a move and then he goes for a cut price deal in the January or for free the summer after.

It feels like most Spurs fans are resigned to Kane going, and they'd definitely rather Kane came to Utd than Chelsea so I do still think there's a decent chance he's here next season.

redshaw

With all the Weghorst pressing hype, Martial being one his pressing players at the weekend and ETH wanting the correct players I was just thinking the possibility that Kane might not be at the top of his list. I'm sure if other targets aren't possible he will be strongly considered. Both players seem really difficult to get with Levy and Laurentiis.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Osimhen is great. If Napoli wins Serie A and gets a deeeep run in CL, then I feel his job is done in Italy and can move further. Well, the price.... that will be massive. He was bought for around 70 mil, so after a successful campaign his price will be around 120.

BerryBerryShrew

Yes but Levy has form for this.

Anyone else yes you'd assume they were bluffing but Levy has done similar in the past. He dragged out the Berbatov sale to Utd for as long as possible meaning when he was finally sold they had no time left to get a replacement and it fecked them over. Could easily see him pricing Kane out of a move and then he goes for a cut price deal in the January or for free the summer after.

It feels like most Spurs fans are resigned to Kane going, and they'd definitely rather Kane came to Utd than Chelsea so I do still think there's a decent chance he's here next season.
This is what people miss. Levy isn't a great business mind, he's an egomaniacal idiot. He would prefer to get £100m for Kane than see Spurs win the CL because he loves his reputation as a "tough negotiator", even though as you've pointed out it is frequently to the detriment of his team.

I wouldn't be shocked if he prices Kane out of a move in the summer and then pretends that Kane is betraying Spurs when he moves on a free in summer 2024.

cyberman

100m. The fecking balls on him. Nobody will pay that and a club will just wait until January to sign him or Kane can join a Newcastle in a free and break their hero’s record for whatever wage he asked for.
Levy is such a shit owner and his pig headiness in not doing business with English clubs has held them back

Djemba-Djemba

This is what people miss. Levy isn't a great business mind, he's an egomaniacal idiot. He would prefer to get £100m for Kane than see Spurs win the CL because he loves his reputation as a "tough negotiator", even though as you've pointed out it is frequently to the detriment of his team.

I wouldn't be shocked if he prices Kane out of a move in the summer and then pretends that Kane is betraying Spurs when he moves on a free in summer 2024.
Yeah exactly.

It's cutting off his nose to spite his face as the saying goes. It would be better for everyone if he sold Kane for a reasonable price early in the transfer window, but you just know he'll dig his heels in and demand a stupid amount of money or refuse to sell which leaves everyone worse off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He totally doesn't fit the Ten Hag style. Not sure why people don't get this. We've just spent months whinging Ronaldo wasn't mobile, pressing, fast enough, but then we keep on about Kane, who isn't any of those things either?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With all the Weghorst pressing hype, Martial being one his pressing players at the weekend and ETH wanting the correct players I was just thinking the possibility that Kane might not be at the top of his list. I'm sure if other targets aren't possible he will be strongly considered. Both players seem really difficult to get with Levy and Laurentiis.
It'd surely be wiser to go for the hungry up and coming to peak soon type player, then the high priced limited appeal player.

CM

He totally doesn't fit the Ten Hag style. Not sure why people don't get this. We've just spent months whinging Ronaldo wasn't mobile, pressing, fast enough, but then we keep on about Kane, who isn't any of those things either?
Kane is a far more intelligent player who can bring others into play and isn't reliant on speed to be a good player. He's scored goals for years without ever being particularly quick.

Maybe Kane wouldn't be Ten Hag's preferred choice. We'll have to wait and see on that, but it's a complete different kettle of fish from a player who was over the hill in just about every aspect of his game.

croadyman

Osimhen is great. If Napoli wins Serie A and gets a deeeep run in CL, then I feel his job is done in Italy and can move further. Well, the price.... that will be massive. He was bought for around 70 mil, so after a successful campaign his price will be around 120.
What would you consider a deep run in CL

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's an odd one. When you think half our first team signings came from the Eredivise and one was a free transfer from Brentford, you must think we are looking for specific profiles with transfers. Kane doesn't really have the profile (bar the amount of goal in the prem he's scored) of any of the others strikers we're linked with.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Osimhen for £110-120m or Kane for £70-80m? Take your pick.
Aside from the potential for longer service, one of the benefits of opting for a younger player is the greater future sell-on fee potential, whether they work out or not. So even with that price point comparison you have to factor in that the money spent on Kane is more likely to be "dead" money.

croadyman

Aside from the potential for longer service, one of the benefits of opting for a younger player is the greater future sell-on fee potential, whether they work out or not. So even with that price point comparison you have to factor in that the money spent on Kane is more likely to be "dead" money.
Yeah that extra £30m spent on him could be made back if he ends up being sold on to a Barca/Real not so much Bayern

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Kane would suit Rashford and (probably) Anthony more, plus adding more creativity. But Osimhem would give us more goals as another outlet for Bruno and Eriksen, and just more dynamic and much younger (more potential to develop). Although Osimhem has risk of taking more time to adapt to PL, or if he ever adapt.

Tough choice.

Last edited:

croadyman

Kane would suit Rashford and (probably) Anthony more, plus adding more creativity. But Osimhem would give us more goals as another outlet for Bruno and Eriksen, and just more dynamic and much younger (more potential to develop). Although Osimhem has risk of taking more time to adapt to PL, or if he ever adapt.

Tough choice.
I am still edging towards Osimhen if we can afford

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's an odd one. When you think half our first team signings came from the Eredivise and one was a free transfer from Brentford, you must think we are looking for specific profiles with transfers. Kane doesn't really have the profile (bar the amount of goal in the prem he's scored) of any of the others strikers we're linked with.
You get the feeling we're a lot smarter with signings now.

Kane in 6months or 18months screams of the sort of Woodward big name signing but at the wrong time.
Might be unfair to him, but we've been scarred enough recently.

Would much prefer to trust Ten Hag to find the perfect striker who might not have the name, record or profile, but suits us as a team.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We have experienced quality in GK, CB, CDM, CM, and CAM.

Where we don’t is at fullback & in the wing where we arguably full with players in their prime or are young.

The only place we have no one of experienced is Striker if we look at Wout Weghorst as a loan striker only.
So you don't think Luke Shaw is experienced quality?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I'd put money right now that weghorst scores more goals for the rest of the season even in a bit part role than kane.
This is insane. He’s the leagues second highest scorer and currently having one of the best goal scoring campaigns of his entire career.