Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Alan Shearer lived his dream, he played for his home town team, his heroes growing up, he gave up a lot of money and a better chance of winning medals to do that, he should be admired for that alone, if he'd gone with what most would have done he'd have played for United and we'd probably have won the PL about 10 years on the trot
Lived his dream winning feck all ? Alright... Guarantee he regrets going to Newcastle for the rest of his life.

jymufc20

But not the stuff you really wanna be taking, you do need to come out of the delusional state eventually - I mean the all time PL goalscorer is shiite really takes the biscuit!
In my opinion he was, he was a shithouse decided to be a big fish in a small pond because he couldn't handle coming to the big time, always preferred cole over him anyway so feck him can't stand the Geordie twat.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Incredible numbers but he too often simply does not look like a top footballer when I watch him. No idea how he manages to score so many goals while looking so unthreatening half of the time.

He is also running away from confrontation with centre halves more and more. He’ll end up playing behind Fernandes most of the time if he comes here.

jymufc20

But not the stuff you really wanna be taking, you do need to come out of the delusional state eventually - I mean the all time PL goalscorer is shiite really takes the biscuit!
how many of them goals counted for anything other than mid table mediocrity ? I will give you two hands to count with.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He very likely has 3 years at the very top after this season.

If Spurs sell for 75 Million this then equates to 25 Million a year alone in transfer fees over 3 years. There's zero chance he would command any transfer fee if sold. He would command a salary of around 300k a week which equates to 15 Million a year. Then there is tax, pension and NIC on his salary. He's no Ronaldo who would sell many shirts. So the only returns the club would expect is if we win the Premiership or Champions League. We're talking about an investment of nearly 850k a week over 3 years.

Move on from Kane. It's simple for the pundits to move their tongues who don't have to run a club.
My sentiments exactly. He will also want the longest contract possible, as this will be his last big one. I also don't even see levy ever accepting 75m for him anyway - especially not to a direct rival.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He very likely has 3 years at the very top after this season.

If Spurs sell for 75 Million this then equates to 25 Million a year alone in transfer fees over 3 years. There's zero chance he would command any transfer fee if sold. He would command a salary of around 300k a week which equates to 15 Million a year. Then there is tax, pension and NIC on his salary. He's no Ronaldo who would sell many shirts. So the only returns the club would expect is if we win the Premiership or Champions League. We're talking about an investment of nearly 850k a week over 3 years.

Move on from Kane. It's simple for the pundits to move their tongues who don't have to run a club.
Indeed.

People talk about the instant impact RVP had when he arrived (slightly younger than Kane would, mind), even though we only got one high quality season out of him. But the key difference is that RVP only cost £24m. If he had cost the then-equivalent of the sort of figures people are talking about for Kane then he would have been a disastrous signing.

If Kane was available for something like the now-equivalent of that RVP fee, that'd be fine. But the prices being quoted for him back in November at least were €80-100m. It would be actively insane to spend anything like that on him.

Last edited:

r0663664

Worships Man City
I don't understand how Kane can score so many score every years. If it is 4-5 years ago, Kane would be an option but he is on his way down. I don't see anyone willing to pay a high fee to Kane (40 million max). Maybe Chelsea is willing to buy @80 million. If nobody comes after him, he will sign his last contract with Tottenham.

OrcaFat

Indeed.

People talk about the instant impact RVP had when he arrived (slightly younger than Kane would, mind), even though we only got one high quality season out of him. But the key difference is that RVP only cost £24m. If he had cost the then-equivalent of the sort of figures people are talking about for Kane then he would have been a disastrous signing.

If Kane was available for something like the now-equivalent of that RVP fee, that'd be fine. But the prices being quoted for him back in November at least were €80-100m. It would be actively insane to spend anything like that on him.
I think I know what you mean but what is the present day equivalent of a £24m transfer fee as it was 11 years ago…?

Bert_

I think I know what you mean but what is the present day equivalent of a £24m transfer fee as it was 11 years ago…?
I remember there being critism at the time paying that much for someone in the last year of their contract. No one cares now though!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
As per the below article at least, £52.7m. So just under €60m. Which seems about right given an older Lewandowski went for €45-50m this summer.

So if the reported €80-100m asking price was correct you're talking about paying 33-66% more than that. It's a big difference.

OrcaFat

As per the below article at least, £52.7m. So just under €60m. Which seems about right given an older Lewandowski went for €45-50m this summer.

So if the reported €80-100m asking price was correct you're talking about paying 33-66% more than that. It's a big difference.
According to “The Transfer Index” on totallymoney.com RVP’s fee is equivalent to £74m now. God knows how they calculate it. I don’t think anyone will pay more than about £60m for Kane but who knows?

Giggsy13

Levy is a small and bitter man. He won’t let Kane go easily especially to United. I’d much rather spend the extra money anyways to get Osimhen.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
In my opinion he was, he was a shithouse decided to be a big fish in a small pond because he couldn't handle coming to the big time, always preferred cole over him anyway so feck him can't stand the Geordie twat.
I suppose you don't like because he turned United down twice, tough shit, many a player has turned us down in the past and many more will in the future, but you're wrong, he doesn't regret it, he's said it many times in interviews when asked.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Indeed.

RvP costed 25m in 2012, when Modric and Hazard costed 33m each. The later two probably cost 100m now when you see how much Antony, Billingham, Tchouaméni, and Rice may or does cost.

One of the most sought CM, Javi Martinez, costed 40m to Bayern in 2012. Probably equal to Enzo Fernandez that is touted 120m now.

2012 Van Persie may cost us around 75m in today's transfer. So for Kane, plus the English tax, around 80m is reasonable.

Last edited:

Lecland07

Does the same for England, ends up in midfield. You wouldn't see the likes of Lewandowski or Benzema doing that. Stick to what you are good at.
There is one massive similarity between England and Spurs: neither of them play anyone in the attacking midfield role (the space is empty). The gap between Kane and midfield forces him to drop deep - he does receive criticism for dropping deep, but I think it is pretty obvious that this is being asked of him by the coaches.

Kane didn't use to drop so deep when he played with Eriksen - it is just he hasn't played with an attacking midfield since he left.

It would be different here as we play Fernandes as the AM. Kane wouldn't need to drop deep as much here.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
I don't understand how Kane can score so many score every years. If it is 4-5 years ago, Kane would be an option but he is on his way down. I don't see anyone willing to pay a high fee to Kane (40 million max). Maybe Chelsea is willing to buy @80 million. If nobody comes after him, he will sign his last contract with Tottenham.
He's quite literally playing the best football of his career at the moment.

On his way down :wenger:

MegadrivePerson

He's quite literally playing the best football of his career at the moment.

On his way down :wenger:
He is likely to play a lot better under ETH too than he does under Conte!

I've said this before but if we wait until the end of the summer transfer window he will be available for £40 million. All Kane needs to do is say that you either sell me to United now or ill join them for free in 12 months. If Levy refuses he should just refuse to play.

scottser

if spurs get 4th spot at the end of the season they won't sell kane for love nor money.

kps88

Agree with those who say he looks like he's declined a bit physically. The stats are great but he doesn't look as sharp or fresh. But you have to take into account he plays for Spurs team where he is expected to both create and score goals. And he also gets zero rest because the drop off is so severe when he's not in the team.

It's quite possible he'll look a lot fresher in a new environment where he's not expected to carry the whole team.

SteveCoppellFan

I thought Kane played quite well vrs Arsenal.

In my opinion, he would be a huge signing for United in the summer

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s always future, future, future with football fans.

We have players like Rashford, Garnacho, Dalot, Martinez, Antony that can be built on and around and we can be planning future squads with scouting in South America and picking up those prospects for the future.

But I want to capitalize on having Varane and Casemiro today too. Kane and a midfielder would complete a very formidable team, right now. He is the best attainable target and would automatically make us title challengers.

We can still build for tomorrow while taking advantage of what we have today.

Doracle

It’s always future, future, future with football fans.

We have players like Rashford, Garnacho, Dalot, Martinez, Antony that can be built on and around and we can be planning future squads with scouting in South America and picking up those prospects for the future.

But I want to capitalize on having Varane and Casemiro today too. Kane and a midfielder would complete a very formidable team, right now. He is the best attainable target and would automatically make us title challengers.

We can still build for tomorrow while taking advantage of what we have today.
Exactly this. We need the best in the world now and Kane is definitely the best we can attain. Our scouting team should then be working to identify an understudy and get them in so that we can steadily reduce Kane’s match time as he gets older and have them in position for a smooth transition. It really should be relatively simple.

lex talionis

Exactly this. We need the best in the world now and Kane is definitely the best we can attain. Our scouting team should then be working to identify an understudy and get them in so that we can steadily reduce Kane’s match time as he gets older and have them in position for a smooth transition. It really should be relatively simple.
Perhaps not simple, but bringing in Kane and developing his understudy should be a priority for United.

NoPace

Agree with those who say he looks like he's declined a bit physically. The stats are great but he doesn't look as sharp or fresh. But you have to take into account he plays for Spurs team where he is expected to both create and score goals. And he also gets zero rest because the drop off is so severe when he's not in the team.

It's quite possible he'll look a lot fresher in a new environment where he's not expected to carry the whole team.
You could see in the World Cup that he's lost a step, but I don't think it really matters too much in our system anyways.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Interesting news are coming out in twitter from Tottenham pages

Apparently tier 1 source for Spurs - Paul O Keefe said:

"Harry Kane is leaving in the summer"

"Spurs won't block a third attempt from Kane to leave and Harry isn't engaging in talks about renewing."

Would you take him if spurs sell him for 60m?

I think that ship has sailed and we better go for targets like Vlahovic or Osimhen , i wouldn't take him even for cut price at 30 years old !

Orion.

"Spurs won't block a third attempt from Kane to leave and Harry isn't engaging in talks about renewing."

I think that ship has sailed and we better go for targets like Vlahovic or Osimhen , i wouldn't take him even for cut price at 30 years old !
He’s top class and would suit the Ten Hag, non-pressing but clever movement #9 role Martial fulfilled in the first half on Saturday. Convert him into an actual centreforward again with pace around him and there’s at least 4 good years in him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

That's his opinion rather than him being told anything. I do probably think he is right though.

Artorias

Agree. Is not like he's 35 and has 1 good season left, but i wouldn't pay more than 50M.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Alan Shearer lived his dream, he played for his home town team, his heroes growing up, he gave up a lot of money and a better chance of winning medals to do that, he should be admired for that alone, if he'd gone with what most would have done he'd have played for United and we'd probably have won the PL about 10 years on the trot
Did what?
He'll have been one of the highest paid in England throughout his Newcastle time without doubt.

croadyman

Not so sure it has sailed if it was a reasonable price but with Levy doubt that's the case

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Did what?
He'll have been one of the highest paid in England throughout his Newcastle time without doubt.
He would have earned more at United overall, maybe not base salary but with all those winning bonuses he would have, he went to Blackburn for the money no question but he went to Newcastle because it was his dream to play for the club he watched from the terraces as a kid

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He is likely to play a lot better under ETH too than he does under Conte!

I've said this before but if we wait until the end of the summer transfer window he will be available for £40 million. All Kane needs to do is say that you either sell me to United now or ill join them for free in 12 months. If Levy refuses he should just refuse to play.
It'd be in 18months for starters, and Kane doesn't have all the time in the world to wait.
Plus, as he's just seen his City dream disappear permanently, he wouldn't want to wait 18months, and potentially see even a United dream blown.

I enjoyed your idea of him trying to bully Levy though. As if he'd let him leave mid season! They'd be finished even for Europa places!

macheda14

if spurs get 4th spot at the end of the season they won't sell kane for love nor money.
Which they won’t be doing. They are playing terrible football. Arsenal, City, United and Newcastle are all on much better form and don’t look like dropping off too much.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

There's only 2 potential teams he could go to IMO - United and Bayern. Bayern would be the biggest favourites, and we'd only have a chance for Kane if he insists on staying in the prem.
  • Madrid have Benzema
  • Barca have Lewa
  • PSG have their front 3, but also don't think kane would want to go there
  • Spurs would rather sell to United than Chelsea or Arsenal
  • City have Haaland
  • Liverpool spent 100m on Darwin
Leaves just United and Bayern as options. United would offer bigger wages and if we keep this up, could show Kane that he could be the difference to win the PL with us this season. But Bayern would be a guaranteed title win and guaranteed to compete for the CL, which is safer than United. So it comes down to how Kane values potentially succeeding in the Prem even if it's less guaranteed, becoming the all time Prem top scorer compared to winning an easier league like the Bundesliga just to get the trophies in. Also depends on Bayern actually deciding to spend a big fee and big wages on a 30 year old striker... Which isn't necessarily a cert even though he'd fit well there. United would almost certainly have to pay more (probably like 60-80m) for him than Bayern would too (my guess is they'd need something like 30-50m).

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
At the rate their going, “outrageous“ bid from Chelsea for Kane is on the cards. The kind of offer nobody but Newcastle will be able or willing to match. Bet!

Would Kane sell out Spurs like that? He gets to stay in London and not uproot his family that way.

bosnian_red

There's only 2 potential teams he could go to IMO - United and Bayern. Bayern would be the biggest favourites, and we'd only have a chance for Kane if he insists on staying in the prem.
  • Madrid have Benzema
  • Barca have Lewa
  • PSG have their front 3, but also don't think kane would want to go there
  • Spurs would rather sell to United than Chelsea or Arsenal
  • City have Haaland
  • Liverpool spent 100m on Darwin
Leaves just United and Bayern as options. United would offer bigger wages and if we keep this up, could show Kane that he could be the difference to win the PL with us this season. But Bayern would be a guaranteed title win and guaranteed to compete for the CL, which is safer than United. So it comes down to how Kane values potentially succeeding in the Prem even if it's less guaranteed, becoming the all time Prem top scorer compared to winning an easier league like the Bundesliga just to get the trophies in. Also depends on Bayern actually deciding to spend a big fee and big wages on a 30 year old striker... Which isn't necessarily a cert even though he'd fit well there. United would almost certainly have to pay more (probably like 60-80m) for him than Bayern would too (my guess is they'd need something like 30-50m).
Spurs' subreddit seems convinced he'll go to United, as it makes the most sense and a big motivator is the PL all time top scorer. Really needs United to keep this up in the 2nd half though to convince Kane that he could bridge the gap to reach the top and win trophies IMO.

bosnian_red

At the rate their going, “outrageous“ bid from Chelsea for Kane is on the cards. The kind of offer nobody but Newcastle will be able or willing to match. Bet!

Would Kane sell out Spurs like that? He gets to stay in London and not uproot his family that way.
I don't think Kane would pick either of them over United (especially as Chelsea won't be in CL) and Levy wouldn't sell to a local rival I don't think. United have the global rep for it to actually be worth it for Kane too, and we are much closer to actually competing for the title than Newcastle is. Kane grew up with United being the biggest club around, so the reputation of the club will have some impact for him.

It'll come down to Bayern or United IMO. At United, Kane would become all time PL top scorer and be the step up to compete for the title. At Bayern, he would guarantee league titles every year but in a league he doesn't care about, but then compete for the CL. More I think about it, the more I think we are by far the best positioned to get him.

BerryBerryShrew

Both Kane and Levy would be lynched by Spurs fans if he moved to Chelsea. And that's before we consider that Chelsea are dreadful- he might as well stay at Spurs.

It's between us and Newcastle I reckon. And considering how sensibly run Newcastle have been to this point, they may want to give Isak a bit more if a chance next season rather than just throwing a big money signing on the scrapheap immediately.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports

If he did he wouldn't be selling them out, Spurs would be making a serious profit on them

He's in a position where he can choose where he wants to go, he holds most of the cards because if Spurs are selling it's because they know they can't re-sign him and they don't want him to walk away for nothing

He's only going to 1 of 3 clubs IMO, Bayern, Newcastle or United, I don't think he'll go to Bayern, he wants that PL scoring record, sohe'll choose which of whom he'll get the best chance of that and maybe winning something, in the immediate future that'll be us rather than Newcastle