Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I can’t see Kane leaving England. Spurs are a bit of a sinking ship, but it’s his boyhood club so he probably stays through the trophyless end of his career.

But if he were to move, the only two destinations I can see are United and Newcastle. Newcastle have a nice project going on and unlimited resources, but it’s Newcastle. United also have a nice project going on, but our financial muscle is open to question. If Harry wants to lift a PL trophy he should consider a move to OT next season.

No chance City or Liverpool will be interested. Obviously no possibility of Kane going to Arsenal. I just can’t see Chelsea either. Newcastle or United, possibly in that order from Harry’s perspective.
Surely not?

Will be the main man at United & stands the best chance of a trophy at United, why would he go to Newcastle?

lex talionis

Surely not?

Will be the main man at United & stands the best chance of a trophy at United, why would he go to Newcastle?
Newcastle can offer Harry whatever wage price he names, whereas United can't or at least won't go with a Ronaldoesque wage for anyone, even Harry Kane.

But that may not matter. Harry would probably understand that despite where the two clubs are in the table today (tied for third), when we go into next season we're a legitimate title contender if the CF piece is addressed whereas Newcastle simply won't be a title contender next season.

If Harry wants a PL trophy, he needs to leave Spurs. If he wants to break Shearer's record he needs to remain in the PL. City and Arsenal won't go in for Harry, but United might (dealing with Levy is another matter) so United is a possibility. But if United stick to no more than 200,000k/week and if that's not good enough for Harry's last contract, then Newcastle will happily pay up to 500k/week to bring in the top name in British football and Harry might just take it, trophies be damned.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I don’t see Barcelona having the money for it, RM yeah especially if mbappe prefers the wing but I don’t see Bayern spending that much at all.
Barca had enough for Lewandowski, despite all and sundry saying they were about to collapse financially this summer. So I can’t see how you could rule out a similar transfer the summer after next. That said, I’d view them as less likely than Bayern or Utd.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Newcastle can offer Harry whatever wage price he names, whereas United can't or at least won't go with a Ronaldoesque wage for anyone, even Harry Kane.

But that may not matter. Harry would probably understand that despite where the two clubs are in the table today (tied for third), when we go into next season we're a legitimate title contender if the CF piece is addressed whereas Newcastle simply won't be a title contender next season.

If Harry wants a PL trophy, he needs to leave Spurs. If he wants to break Shearer's record he needs to remain in the PL. City and Arsenal won't go in for Harry, but United might (dealing with Levy is another matter) so United is a possibility. But if United stick to no more than 200,000k/week and if that's not good enough for Harry's last contract, then Newcastle will happily pay up to 500k/week to bring in the top name in British football and Harry might just take it, trophies be damned.
I don’t think Utd are getting him if they genuinely stuck to that 200k/week thing. But I don’t think for a second that they will stick to that.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Don't want, too expensive and too old.

Wilt

I don’t think Utd are getting him if they genuinely stuck to that 200k/week thing. But I don’t think for a second that they will stick to that.
Give him a big signing on fee to make up for wage cap

RobbieBerns

Newcastle have unlimited funds sure, but they have multiple other positions that could use a 70M splash than up top. Are people forgetting about Isak cause he’s been injured a while? Surely they would want to spend big on their back line, probably bring in a CM for good money as well as someone to play off the left in the front three with Isak and Almiron.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Don't see him leaving the PL personally. That record of Shearer's is now within reach and I can't imagine him giving up on the opportunity of surpassing it.

If we really want him and are willing to pay what would be required, then I can't see why he wouldn't want to play here.

Who would argue against us being serious title contenders with Kane up front next season? His goals would give us a real chance, and Kane would surely believe that too.

OrcaFat

The way Martial is being used (or given the parts of the pitch he is mainly playing in), Kane could slot in for him without adversely affecting the structure of the team. We’d most likely play in a similar way but Kane would score 10-15 more goals than Martial, at a guess.

I’m thinking this is a good idea now and I have a feeling it may happen.

TheRedHearted

Barca had enough for Lewandowski, despite all and sundry saying they were about to collapse financially this summer. So I can’t see how you could rule out a similar transfer the summer after next. That said, I’d view them as less likely than Bayern or Utd.
lewandowski cost 23 million euros,70-100 million pounds or euros is way off from that, brother. I don’t see Bayern making a move for him at all, his age and the fee doesn’t match.
Well that would be terrible considering they just publicly announced it. Us not sticking to our guns hasn’t done well for us the past few years. I guess this wouldn’t be the worst time for us to break a rule.
Newcastle have unlimited funds sure, but they have multiple other positions that could use a 70M splash than up top. Are people forgetting about Isak cause he’s been injured a while? Surely they would want to spend big on their back line, probably bring in a CM for good money as well as someone to play off the left in the front three with Isak and Almiron.
They could spend 250 million next summer, no? Kane, cm, cb.
Doesn't that ruin the point a little. Wage caps are meant to stop you spending so much money
I think the poster is referring to us putting a 200,000 wage cap. I think since Kane is who he is the club can warrant a different approach and give him a signing on fee

scottser

Martial is on 250k pw until 2025 remember. He should be got rid of in the summer and replaced with someone of Kane's quality as a matter of urgency. And while I would take Kane, he's not worth more than 40m.

Alfie092

There's also Real Madrid out there potentially, if Benzema finally drops off.
Maybe but I still think Benzema still has another season in him. They may also still go back in for Mbappe and Endricks is coming in 2 years times. With Kane so close to the all-time Premier League top scorer record, I can't see him playing outside of the league until he breaks the record at least.

Tarrou

I think he's nailed on to leave this summer, Levy won't turn down £70m+ if he can walk for free in 12 months

both United and Newcastle will pay that, and I expect Newcastle will be willing to outbid us too

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
PL proven
Wanted to leave before
No longer young
Still hungry for trophies
Contract nearing his end
A top striker

I believe he is the best we can get right now. He is the only CF in the league who can compete with Haaland in a functional team. Ten Hag will get him to perform better than Southgate and Conte, no doubt in my mind

If money is no concern for the next owners and they want us competing asap, Kane is a no brainer

TheGodsInRed

I think he's nailed on to leave this summer, Levy won't turn down £70m+ if he can walk for free in 12 months

both United and Newcastle will pay that, and I expect Newcastle will be willing to outbid us too
I think it depends if they get Champions league as FFP will be an issue very fast for them.

Tarrou

I think it depends if they get Champions league as FFP will be an issue very fast for them.
I don't see what difference it will make. Levy has a choice, he can get a good 60/70 million (maybe more?) in now to spend on a replacement to move the club forward, or keep him one more year and he walks for free

seems like a no-brainer no?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Osimhen’s first touch is scary bad.

Some things you just can’t teach.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If this is ETH number 1 target for striker then I’m all for it. ETH hasn’t given any of us a reason to judge his choices and decisions. Harry Kane will easily get us over 25 goals a season. We can then see if Paul Merson is right with his prediction… thinks Kanes a better player then Haaland and that if we signed him we’d have a chance at winning the CL.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Well that would be terrible considering they just publicly announced it. Us not sticking to our guns hasn’t done well for us the past few years. I guess this wouldn’t be the worst time for us to break a rule.
They didn’t publicly announce anything, it was reported that, it may be introduced. But the club hasn’t said anything regarding it officially.

Pickle85

Would love him here and think he'd be brilliant but can't see it happening.

Erik the Red

Why is he seemingly second on our shortlist
Because there is a huge dearth of quality number 9's. The top strikers are either unattainable (Mbappe or Haaland) or 35+ (Lewa, Benzema, Messi or Ronaldo). That is why Kane at 30 is still top priority. Osimhen has some amazing attributes, but there is always the risk he will be another Lukaku.

In '99 we had Yorke, Cole, Sheringham and Solskjaer. Now we are struggling to find one striker of that calibre.

TheGodsInRed

I don't see what difference it will make. Levy has a choice, he can get a good 60/70 million (maybe more?) in now to spend on a replacement to move the club forward, or keep him one more year and he walks for free

seems like a no-brainer no?
I mean wether Newcastle start to spend big this summer - they need CL.

Spurs will probably sell.

lex talionis

According to media reports, Harry currently earns 200k/week. Harry, currently age 29, will want more, but I can't see us going over 250k/week for him -- although part of his thinking will be the length of the contract.

Who knows what's in ETH's head, but I suspect most of us are done with Martial. We all know about his potential but FFS he's built an entire professional career on the back of his potential which has rarely ever been realized. It seems likely we'll move Martial (but who would take him?) and the need for a proper CF is massive even before we consider Martial's future. The case for us bringing in a 30 year old world class CF is clear, but what's less clear to me is whether Harry will accept a trophyless end to his career when he retires around the age of 34 or so...or whether he will want to step up which has a realistic shout at a prem trophy next season, which right now I'll say includes United.

Rojofiam

Well, if he were to choose Newcastle over Manchester United, then...then I'm pretty sure I don't want him :lol:

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Yeah feels too good to be true doesn't it and just cannot see Levy selling to us for third time
Levy won't do us any favours, we just have to decide how much we really want Kane.

Any reasonable alternative is moe of a risk and likely just as expensive.

Imo, we are not getting anybody else more likely to make us genuine title contenders than Kane.

wormdoktor

According to media reports, Harry currently earns 200k/week. Harry, currently age 29, will want more, but I can't see us going over 250k/week for him -- although part of his thinking will be the length of the contract.

Who knows what's in ETH's head, but I suspect most of us are done with Martial. We all know about his potential but FFS he's built an entire professional career on the back of his potential which has rarely ever been realized. It seems likely we'll move Martial (but who would take him?) and the need for a proper CF is massive even before we consider Martial's future. The case for us bringing in a 30 year old world class CF is clear, but what's less clear to me is whether Harry will accept a trophyless end to his career when he retires around the age of 34 or so...or whether he will want to step up which has a realistic shout at a prem trophy next season, which right now I'll say includes United.
Newcastle? :angel:

croadyman

Levy won't do us any favours, we just have to decide how much we really want Kane.

Any reasonable alternative is moe of a risk and likely just as expensive.

Imo, we are not getting anybody else more likely to make us genuine title contenders than Kane.
Yeah I expect us to go all in for him if we secure top 4,if we aren't getting anywhere with that I see us switching to Osimhen.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
This. His age and injury history really bothers me. RVP part 2 (and I don't think Kane is as good as peak RVP)
People have been saying that about Ibrahimović for years and he's still going strong at 41, Ok Kane won't last that long but if scores the goals that win the trophies who the feck cares what he costs, and he will score goals

Last edited: