g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Pintu

Osimhen has his strengths but is actually a technically limited player. I think he would be far more exposed in the premier league. On top of that he is a sick note. The last 2 seasons he missed 35-40% of the games in all comps for Napoli and was injured this season too. And to make the matters worse, de laurentiis is gonna rinse us. You are looking upwards of 100m for a player who is nowhere elite and is injured all the time.
He is not my ideal recruitment. I'd actually take Kane if I believed it was an option. But I consider him less risky than Vlahovic... This being said, I would have loved Vlahovic just 12 months ago, so what do I know.

Osimhen's injury record is misleading. No worrying injuries, not the ones that suggest you are injury prone. Only some very unfortunate events. And I don't believe in curses. So he is not cursed..

Regarding Kane, why would city be in for him? Chelsea are a shambles and not gonna finish in top4 as things stand and even if they do, they have very low probability of signing him because of spurs. Newcastle doesn’t make any sense if we are in for him. 70-80m I reckon would be tempting price for him. Also, we signed Casemiro for 70m so no, it’s not true we spend big only on young players.
I think Casimero is the exception (4 times CL winner) that confirms the rule and we were in a desperate situation... City are more likely to splash that kind of money on Kane if something happened to Haaland (Madrid activating his clause, or Pep wanting to change... Or whatever)...

devil99

Will sign for Newcastle for 100m if they qualify for Champions League.

Figure head of a new project and become a premier league top scorer by overtaking Shearer at Newcastle will appeal to him I suppose.

jasT1981

If the price is anywhere near £100m we should avoid. He is a great striker, however by the time next season comes around he will be 30. Better to invest in a younger striker around 22-25.

I'd take him, but not at the price being talked about.

croadyman

If the price is anywhere near £100m we should avoid. He is a great striker, however by the time next season comes around he will be 30. Better to invest in a younger striker around 22-25.

Yeah no way are we paying that

redshaw

Doubt Bayern would pay that but perhaps they'll be quoted less, if they were contact in with Kane and Spurs for a long time I think they could talk Spurs into selling for 60-70m. "He's given Spurs great service and you get some money to reinvest" type stuff.

Levy is not going to sell United his golden boy unless we somehow get some huge investment and make a silly offer. If Bayern aren't that interested he may well stay put until he is a free agent.

You never know in football, Spurs could be sold to an oil fund, they have a new stadium and attractive location with plenty of growth narrative potential similar to Newcastle and City.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Osimhen's injury record is misleading. No worrying injuries, not the ones that suggest you are injury prone. Only some very unfortunate events. And I don't believe in curses. So he is not cursed.
I think it’s equally as worrisome if a player keeps getting injured without the same recurring injury. Just shows that he is fragile and is very susceptible to injuries to different parts of the body.
I think Casimero is the exception (4 times CL winner) that confirms the rule and we were in a desperate situation... City are more likely to splash that kind of money on Kane if something happened to Haaland (Madrid activating his clause, or Pep wanting to change... Or whatever)...
They have Alvarez for that role who has done amazingly well for them. Kane chance came and gone. No chance city goes for him now after signing Haaland. One of them has to sit out and no one is going to sit out to warm the bench certainly not Kane when he is more proven and more experienced and is chasing shearer’s record.

AdNani

If we get him, We instantly become a challenger for League/CL in my opinion, he's the perfect Striker for Ten Hags system.!

saik

Will sign for Newcastle for 100m if they qualify for Champions League.

Figure head of a new project and become a premier league top scorer by overtaking Shearer at Newcastle will appeal to him I suppose.
Highly doubt it. They already spent big money on Isak who most probably is going to be their main man once he settles in. I don't think Kane would want to go to Newcastle either at this stage of his career.

Irrational.

There is no way that he moves. Levy will still ask for City money
He made that mistake last year and he was left with a semi-motivated Kane. Levy owes him for Kane doing him a favour and signing that horrendously long contract.

I have a feeling that they have an agreement that Kane would agree to stay one more season when he wanted out last summer. Levy will probably try and get him sold abroad though.

croadyman

He made that mistake last year and he was left with a semi-motivated Kane. Levy owes him for Kane doing him a favour and signing that horrendously long contract.

I have a feeling that they have an agreement that Kane would agree to stay one more season when he wanted out last summer. Levy will probably try and get him sold abroad though.
Oh yeah he would happily take a lower offer from Bayern

AdNani

Do you think there is any truth in that valuation from Jacobs
I think they will, say 100, well offer 50/60 and Kane will want to leave and we'll probably pay 70 or around that.

you'd get probably 4 years out of him, he's never relied on pace.

croadyman

I think they will, say 100, well offer 50/60 and Kane will want to leave and we'll probably pay 70 or around that.

you'd get probably 4 years out of him, he's never relied on pace.
Think £70m plus addons taking it to around £80-£85 is fair

AdNani

Think £70m plus addons taking it to around £80-£85 is fair
Yeah, He's as good as you're going to get as well, Hed be phenomenal here, he Guarantees 25/30 goals as well as bringing others into the game.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He's 30 in the summer.
Does he have two top class seasons left ? Three?
Four at an absolute limit before decline.

100 million my arse for a player about to begin end of career decline

croadyman

He's 30 in the summer.

Our absolute maximum figure for him is I reckon maybe £75m

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We’ll get a sneak peak of having a Transit van at centre forward with Wout Weghorst over the next few months.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Anything over 60 and we'd be stupid. Hopefully new owners by then, so if we do spend stupid money here, we can do in other places as well

Trex

No harm trying our luck for say 75m, Casemiro cost slightly less.
If spurs turn it down then we simply move to other target.

RVN1991

He's 30 in the summer.

Willing to bet my life savings on him still being putting up insane numbers 4-5 years from now. Look at Benzema and Lewandowski being in their mid 30's yet as dominant as they were in their mid 20's. It's not like Kane has relied on his athleticism or physical gifts to be an effective player, if anything he's improved his playmaking and passing to the point where he might be the most complete center forward in football.

Mr Smith

Where is this young striker aged 22-25 out of curiosity? Do you see an abundance of top young strikers in the market right now?

rajds89

Give me Kane over any of the other strikers we’re being linked with. The bloke guarantees goals and assists and has a wealth of premier league experience.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Willing to bet my life savings on him still being putting up insane numbers 4-5 years from now. Look at Benzema and Lewandowski being in their mid 30's yet as dominant as they were in their mid 20's. It's not like Kane has relied on his athleticism or physical gifts to be an effective player, if anything he's improved his playmaking and passing to the point where he might be the most complete center forward in football.
thats the chance that needs to be considered.

How much have you got saved as a matter of interest?;)

Heardy

On TalkSport last night Benty said that Spurs wouldn’t accept Martial £40m, Maguire £30m plus £80m for Kane.

Levy is an arse to negotiate with but as much as I want Kane, surely any deal has to be <£100+m